• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

[Solved] Regional Pokédex Area Issue

Jelly

Novice
EDIT. Solved it.
Apparently the issue was that I had a few scrapped maps that I made back when I first started messing with this project that lacked Map Positon data.
If anyone else is struggling with the Area feature in the Pokédex, make sure all of your maps have Map Position, even those you decided to scrap if you haven't deleted them entirely from your project
!

--

Hi, I've been trying to fix this error for the last couple days but I just can't figure it out.
When I try to check the Area page for certain Pokémon like Scatterbug or Wingull (I have an extra Wingull form), the game crashes and I get this error:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
297:UI_Pokedex_Entry:331:in `block in pbGetEncounterPoints'
135:Encounter:55:in `block in each_of_version'
135:Encounter:47:in `block in each'
135:Encounter:47:in `each'
135:Encounter:47:in `each'
135:Encounter:54:in `each_of_version'
297:UI_Pokedex_Entry:325:in `pbGetEncounterPoints'
297:UI_Pokedex_Entry:361:in `drawPageArea'
297:UI_Pokedex_Entry:216:in `drawPage'
297:UI_Pokedex_Entry:552:in `block in pbScene'

If I give myself a standard Wingull and change it to _1 only after getting the Pokédex, then the Pokédex will only register standard Wingull and show the Area Page properly (with Wild Pokémon location showing up and everything).

With Scatterbug, it always crashes and I think this might be also caused by how I set up the Vivillon Patterns.
Basically, what I did was giving Scatterbug and Spewpa 19 Forms each so that alongside the 20th one (the Archipelago Scatter/Spew/Vivi) - which serves as the standard form -, each Vivillon Pattern counts as its own separate form ... I set it up this way because in my game you're supposed to find a Scatterbug that evolves into a different Vivillon depending on where you found/caught it (so for instance, Map1 has Scatterbug_3 which will always evolve into the Garden Vivillon, Map2 has Scatterbug_8 which will always become a Meadow Vivillon and so on).

I suspect the issue with the Pokédex Area might be caused by the game not treating, for instance, Scatterbug_3 as the same as Scatterbug..?
But then again, I tried checking the Area with another Pokémon (Morelull) and the only way it doesn't cause a crash is if it claims its habitat is 'Unknown' (which is wrong, because Morelull is found on Route 1) ...
So I just don't know anymore, although I'm pretty sure I also got something wrong with Regional Forms because if I catch Scatterbug_3, the Pokédex will claim it is a 'caught' Pokémon but will show the '?' sprite instead of its own (it also says '???' instead of its Dex Number in the Summary Screen).
If I inject a random Scatterbug in my team (taking Ocean Pattern as an example), it shows the sprite properly in the Dex List but crashes at Area which I guess makes sense because I don't currently have Ocean Scatterbug as an encounter anywhere, but that shouldn't happen with Scatterbug_3 and Scatterbug_8 because they actually appear in two different routes (Route 1-2+another location for _3 and Route 3-4 for _8).

This is how the encounter.txt looks:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[085] # Route 1
Land,21
    10,FLETCHLING,2,4
    20,SCATTERBUG_3,2,5
    15,ZIGZAGOON_1,2,4
    15,GRUBBIN,2,3
    15,MORELULL,2,4
    20,NICKIT,2,5
(Standard Wingull can be found in the wild on another Route, so the Pokédex should show Wingull's location as 'Route 4' and Wingull_1's location as 'Unknown' because it's a gift Pokémon)

pokemon_forms.txt:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[SCATTERBUG,3]
FormName = Garden Pattern
Flags = InheritFormWithEverStone
#-------------------------------
[WINGULL,1]
FormName = Friendship Form

regional_dexes.txt:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[2]
[B]WINGULL[/B],PELIPPER
NICKIT,THIEVUL
[B]SCATTERBUG,SPEWPA,VIVILLON[/B]
GRUBBIN,CHARJABUG,VIKAVOLT
FLETCHLING,FLETCHINDER,TALONFLAME
ZIGZAGOON,LINOONE,OBSTAGOON
[B]MORELULL[/B],SHIINOTIC
SINISTEA,POLTEAGEIST

map_metadata.txt:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[085]   # Route 1
Name = Route 1
Outdoor = true
ShowArea = true
Bicycle = true
MapPosition = 2,5,4

town_map.txt:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[2]
Name = NewRegion
Filename = mapRegion2.png
Point = 5,4,Route 1,,,,,
Point = 5,3,Route 1,,,,,
(other routes have points too, I didn't include them to avoid making the post too long)

Is there something else I'm missing, or what I'm doing wrong? ;_;
Btw I always make a new save file after every change and compile everything, but the problem keep being there.

Thank you very much to anyone who can help me Q_Q

Last edited:
Back