• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed All Things It Devours V1.1 - The Decomposition Update

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

Unfolding

Rookie
All Things It Devours
A short - for you - Pokemon puzzle horror romhack.

A collaboration by cbt and Unfolding. Made for Eevee Expo Game Jam 10, with pokeemerald and Porymap.

Update V1.1 - Watch them decompose in real time! Also plenty of bugfixes and balancing that the game needed.

Trapped in a cursed realm.
No whips, no chains, no demons.
Only tomorrow.

Features:

A complex narrative, told from five different perspectives. A grim exploration of immortality. And a dash of body horror.

Screenshots:

m9dq3H5.png

Credits (Tools and Resources):
pokeemerald, by Pret
Porymap, by huderlem
Pokémon Emerald Textbox Simulator, by meejle
Character Customization Resources, by Coffee Cup

Special Thanks:
Nintendo, GameFreak, The Pokemon Company, Creatures Inc., etc, for all things Pokemon
Nolla Games, for Noita
Increpare, for Stephen's Sausage Roll

Last edited:

Unfolding

Rookie
The download provided is V1.0, what we got out the door for the contest. There are a few bugs (nothing gamebreaking that we found, but bugs nonetheless) that will hopefully be squashed in a day or two.

1ckle

Novice
this game was so interesting I loved the puzzle elements but I'd to get some info about the final fight was there an easier way to beat it? cuz the way I managed to win was by complete RNG the whole way through

Altarax

Novice
I love how this game incorporates the theme.
I think I am missing something about the puzzle though. I would appreciate to know the solution if someone found it.
I have never been able to train my Pokémon at the water spot inside the cave.
I believe I need to have the three berries outside in order to be able to do so, but whatever I do, I always end up with only the Lum Berry tree surviving when I unlock the interaction with the water spot.

Unfolding

Rookie
This game is now completed! Lots of bugs squashed, and a lot of new lore / dialog / special interactions added.

only the Lum Berry tree surviving
Thanks for playing! That was a visual bug (entity limits...), but it should have still been possible to solve the puzzle. In any case, the bug's gone in the most recent update.

RNG the whole way through
Thanks for playing! The final boss was pretty hard (really just unbalanced - that's fixed now), but you shouldn't need RNG. There's a way to make it... a fair fight.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
HEY I LITERALLY SOLVED THE PUZZLE BUT THE FINAL BOSS GOT 2 OMNI BOOSTS AND A CRIT IM SO UPSET I WANTED TO KNOW THE ENDING AHHHHH

Hey! I completed your game! It was actually really awesome! I really loved the puzzle itself and I felt like a genius when I figured what each character was meant to do and meant to be, literally and symbolically. The atmosphere especially at the beginning with the occult paintings and atmosphere as everyone started getting involved in the big point of the game, as well as reading as much dialogue and lore to understand who and what was happening. While this definitely falls under horror, it is not that bad in terms of scaring you, and there aren't any jumpscares or anything like that. It's mostly in atmosphere in worldbuilding, so please do not let that deter you.

Understanding what I was meant to do in the desert and how each character build up to the final one...It really gave me chills when I figured out how to beat the game. It's a great game, and I recommend people to trudge through and try it yourself! A few things I had issue with:

- The Puzzle could be interrupted pretty hard by accidentally running into a bad battle or, god forbid, getting haxed out, wiping and losing the ability to get to the solution. A lot of the Pokemon can end your run by using Status. I couldn't remember what each trainer had Pokemon wise sometimes, and I ran into a bad battle that ended my runs.

- Not being able to save makes sense, but it also contributed to the above problem a lot. I ended up using Save States at key moments so I can get my bearings, but I only realized after losing to the final boss once lol. A disclaimer for Save States would've been great!

- I really wanted know what happens after the final boss! I noticed a certain legendary being involved, but I also wanted to find out what was up with the rescuer prior to the final boss room and such. I also wanted to know what's up with the whole area!! Maybe it shouldn't be fully explained, but man, I really wanted to know more about everyone and the room. Where there other phrases I could've used?? And if you're reading this spoiler without beating the game, why haven't you played it yet?!

Last edited:

TheMentalOrder

Novice
This was definitely an interesting game. Like Ranko said adove me, this is more of a puzzle game rather than a horror game, mainly because the body horror and the overall atmosphere is described rather than shown, which isn't bad, but it would have been interesting to see all the situations the MCs have gone through visually. The puzzle itself was really cool however, and figuring out how it works is part of the charm of this game.
Pretty cool game, that has a perfect length and a very interesting concept.

Back