• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon: Berserk

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Version

Jona1

Novice
so like i have finshed battle the fire gym leader and the movesets is all fine now i really like this game too!!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
now when i am fighting for fire gym leader with using the bird mon it has the missingno moves and then now the route5 grass i cant encounter any mons and my krabby has the bird moves like powerrtrip and others this bug tho
Yeah... Sadly that is a problem with the cursed move thing that we're gonna try to patch up asap

ALSO A HUGE UPDATE IS NOW OUT: V1.5!!
All the fakemon now have custom stats and different cries, and Gen 9 Pokemon also have cries themself, along with other writing and map changes.

Last edited:

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
Hooowee! Just finished this one, and I had a great time with it! Beyond loving a gen II style game, I think it had a fun and unique feel to it. More thoughts in the spoiler:

I think the vibes were incredibly on point with this game, keeping the "creepy" level without getting too far into "edgy" territory. The glitches throughout the game felt cool, and especially that first major twist when you become Dorin. I was floored at that point, and the recurrence of the player character, perhaps torturing Dorin, was really good. The characters and stories were great. The music was great too! Each area I got excited to see what the devamped music would be.

I loved the minigames too--the racing/damage ones were my favorite, but I liked the food delivery as well. The various stuff on the computers--a lot of things that aren't normally within a pokemon game but felt at home in this one. The creepy Girafarig death scenario was fun too (Mimmikyu too--good use of "approach"). The feral Pokemon were perfectly creepy too...I think the Gen II style lends itself well to how effective that was, as well. Reminds me of creepypastas of the past. Loved the sprites for the ferals.

Puzzles were also fun, enjoyed the Level 82 Mamoswine one most. Reminded me of the Pokemon XD puzzles where you had to gimmick your way to victory. New areas were cool, loved a fantasy-esque forest and a town with cars and roads.

All in all this game was really well polished, fun to play, and very engaging! Congrats on making such a cool game, y'all--I had a blast!!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hooowee! Just finished this one, and I had a great time with it! Beyond loving a gen II style game, I think it had a fun and unique feel to it. More thoughts in the spoiler:

I think the vibes were incredibly on point with this game, keeping the "creepy" level without getting too far into "edgy" territory. The glitches throughout the game felt cool, and especially that first major twist when you become Dorin. I was floored at that point, and the recurrence of the player character, perhaps torturing Dorin, was really good. The characters and stories were great. The music was great too! Each area I got excited to see what the devamped music would be.

I loved the minigames too--the racing/damage ones were my favorite, but I liked the food delivery as well. The various stuff on the computers--a lot of things that aren't normally within a pokemon game but felt at home in this one. The creepy Girafarig death scenario was fun too (Mimmikyu too--good use of "approach"). The feral Pokemon were perfectly creepy too...I think the Gen II style lends itself well to how effective that was, as well. Reminds me of creepypastas of the past. Loved the sprites for the ferals.

Puzzles were also fun, enjoyed the Level 82 Mamoswine one most. Reminded me of the Pokemon XD puzzles where you had to gimmick your way to victory. New areas were cool, loved a fantasy-esque forest and a town with cars and roads.

All in all this game was really well polished, fun to play, and very engaging! Congrats on making such a cool game, y'all--I had a blast!!
Hi! I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed the game!
I’m looking forward to playing Shiny Island and see what y’all did for a Gen 2 fan game 👀

ShinoaRedux

Rookie
I beat this game minutes ago, and I loved it. Neat little creepy message at the end too.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
I beat the entire game! First of all, great polish and presentation overall throughout the entire project, with only a few minor bugs. It's a solid game with a lot of interesting story twists and turns, and there's a few different plot lines going on at once and takes a lot of gameplay and narrative risks, which is always cool to see in a short jam game!

First off
The Girafarig section of the game was stellar, and it was creepy enough for me to want to legit turn the game off, which is very impressive, because that meant I actually felt something. I even got the bad ending lmao. I believe that this is the strongest part of the game.

I didn't have that many issues gameplay wise at all that I remember, but also I'm pretty decent at battling so it'd take something egregiously unbalanced for me to notice, but it might stick out a bit that I didn't really remember any of the battle or gameplay elements (the Berserk Gene was rather forgettable, but useful in a pinch). I will say while I loved the Pokemon selection I was very upset that
After your Pokemon get released, you have to go any find them again, which while is incredibly cool, I was disappointed that I couldn't find at least 2-3 of my original team, like my Tinkatuff. I don't think you should take this a negative about the game, but being unable to find them at all due to roaming mechanics was a little unfortunate. I will say the idea behind it was very cool, albeit it felt really random to see my Pokemon just show up in the wild without any sort of lead-in. I think some kind of indicator that at least one of the Party pokemon (the starter maybe, cuz that's the easiest one to implement) being seen in the overworld would be a good idea to notice that something's wrong with the old player character, and you can add in some extra dialogue for Dorin that way. Also, minor issue that some people would not recognize that their Pokemon didn't even get released if you didn't nickname them haha, so that would also solve that problem too.

The berserk Pokemon storyline, now that I think about it a bit more, lead into each other quite well
but had a tough time "connecting". There was a lot of moving parts to the game's story, all of which are pretty important to what you're trying to tell, and because they were all "competing" for relevancy in the plot, it felt tough to really have any one of them hit the beats on me in a meaningful way, which I think is my biggest criticism to the story. I think the thing that ties the whole story together was the research and development done that created these very dangerous Berserk Pokemon, and there could've been stronger emphasis on each one of these guys being dangerous in their own way, similar to how dangerous Aegislash was, and I suppose Morgrem too, which would then create more relevancy to every other plot point in the game (Professor's development of the berserk gene, the guilt of what kinds of problems these Pokemon were truly causing etc). The glitch effects being exclusive to only 2 of them felt a little weird. There were a few things going on that felt a little too abrupt, and a few fluff events I felt like didn't contribute much to the story, but obviously Game Jam time is game jam timeframe.

My only issue with the game is
The Mamoswine Puzzle. Battle Puzzles are so underutilized but the hints to gain the tools to solve it was nightmarish and was very cryptic lol. The battle solution was much more satisfying than finding the actual Black Sludge.

Other than that I pretty much had no huge complaints or issues with the game, and the fact that I even had this much to talk about for this game is a testament to how well it ended up!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hey y'all we got a pretty big update on our hands! If you have already downloaded the game it is HIGHLY suggested you download this version to continue playing!

• Feral Bosses now have movesets so the final boss doesn't have Tackle.
  • Updated TMs/Items on the ground
  • Added a bit more story in Route 5 and the Dark Lab in Route 4
  • Lots of other minuscule changes that are too many to note but trust me they exist!

Finished the game! Big recommend, I had a great time. I can't really leave all my thoughts properly because the length of the game, and how much there is to it. But I'll try a brief summary

I really loved how "dense" this game was, just constantly had cool stuff happening as I progressed through the game. Cool mechanics around every corner, it was very fun. It gave most areas their own identity since you could tie the cool stuff that happens there to them. I think my favourite area would have to be the spooky lab.

The story was good, had plenty of cool moments and it progressed nicely. There were some parts that felt a bit strange to me, e.g Feral pokemon magically just healing after being beat in a pokemon battle kind of felt like it undermined the whole seriousness of the situation. And I wish we got a bit more attention about Dorin and him being pushed to become champion when he doesn't want to. But those feelings are all heavily heavily outweighed by everything the game does right. Luca's story was great, the cutscenes had lots of cool effects to add to the atmosphere, I love how the awakening ring was slowly revealed to be a straight up feralizer. Lots of great stuff.

Massively great work from everyone in the team, you bunch put together a great game!

Back