• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon: Berserk

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Version

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
ND7cHGH.png

DOWNLOAD LINK v1.6
RESOURCE PACK

4U2sxo7.png

MADE BY:
@WolfTaiko
@RiqueRique
@Vendily
@King_Waluigi

MADE WITH POKÉMON ESSENTIALS GSC

Ndf60HQ.png

IyTu7LY.png

The Awakening Phenomenon is a phenomenon we have recently discovered
by using the power of the Berserk Gene found from different
types of species of Pokémon.

W2DnxdJ.png

It temporarily increases your stats in battle, although the phenomenon still
has a couple of quirks so you may not want to use it all the time, or else
your Pokémon may have some... Unfortunate side-effects.

GAME DIRECTORS:

WOLFTAIKO

RIQUERIQUE

MAIN CODER:

VENDILY

MUSIC AND ART

DIRECTOR:

KING_WALUIGI

MUSIC:

KING_WALUIGI

TPCi

TSUKIHIME

SPRITES:

KING_WALUIGI

RIQUERIQUE

WOLFTAIKO

TPCi

"THE LOOKER" TEAM

"POKéMON CONTAINMENT" TEAM

DELTARUNE

POKéMON ESSENTIALS

GSC VERSION

STAFF

CREATED BY:

XAVERIUX

CONTRIBUTORS:

CARUBAN

BOONZEET

VENDILY

AWFULLYWAFFLEY

TECHSKYLANDER1518

JAMES DAVY

BO4P5687

INOKI

POKéMON ESSENTIALS:

FLAMEGURU

POCCIL (PETER O.)

MARUNO

CONTRIBUTIONS:

MARIN

BOUSHY

MIDAS MIKE

BROTHER1440

NEAR FANTASTICA

FL.

PINKMAN

GENZAI KAWAKAMI

POPPER

HELP-14

RATAIME

ICEGOD64

SOUNDSPAWN

JACOB O. WOBBROCK

THE END

KITSUNEKOUTA

VENOM12

LISA ANTHONY

WACHUNGA

LUKA S.J.

And everyone else

who helped out!

RPG Maker XP:

ENTERBRAIN

POKéMON is owned by:

The POKéMON COMPANY

NINTENDO

Affiliated with GAME FREAK

This is a non-profit

fan-made game.

No copyright

infringements intended.

Please, support the

official games!

By the way this game does use more mature themes and creepy scenarios.​

Last edited:

aly

Novice
Why game with new intriguing gimmick like this need to be short one. Thank you for this gonna try it later

TheDuoDesign

Novice
Not sure if this happens every time but the game has does this every single time I head into Route 4. The game is very fun so far!

Invatorzen

Umbra Dev
I really like this jam so far, gonna play it more after work. :D good job you guys!

Pros:
  • Music !!
  • Custom sprites
  • Awaken ring == "awakening", I really like the item name
  • EXP Share and early leftovers
  • Minigames! The computer one is interesting...
  • Music again (hit route 2 and got an encounter)
  • Encounters feel really fitting. Lotad near a lake/pond with lilypads :D

Cons:
  • Not looped music
  • Illegal mons (fought against a Lombre that was evolved too early)

Suggestions:
  • Introduce the awaken ring's mechanic earlier. Maybe in the battle against professor, or Dorin?
  • Honestly I don't know how but I missed the "Z" button for the awaken ring until about 30 minutes into the game. Maybe make it more noticeable? Like how the "TYPE/{TYPE}/{CURRENTPP/MAXPP}" box overlays on top? I don't really know >.<
  • Autorun option pleeeeeease :prayge:

Bug:
* After beating Dorin he said I should have something, but then walked off. A message indicating he gave the dex would be nice!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
I really like this jam so far, gonna play it more after work. :D good job you guys!

Pros:
  • Music !!
  • Custom sprites
  • Awaken ring == "awakening", I really like the item name
  • EXP Share and early leftovers
  • Minigames! The computer one is interesting...
  • Music again (hit route 2 and got an encounter)
  • Encounters feel really fitting. Lotad near a lake/pond with lilypads :D

Cons:
  • Not looped music
  • Illegal mons (fought against a Lombre that was evolved too early)

Suggestions:
  • Introduce the awaken ring's mechanic earlier. Maybe in the battle against professor, or Dorin?
  • Honestly I don't know how but I missed the "Z" button for the awaken ring until about 30 minutes into the game. Maybe make it more noticeable? Like how the "TYPE/{TYPE}/{CURRENTPP/MAXPP}" box overlays on top? I don't really know >.<
  • Autorun option pleeeeeease :prayge:

Bug:
* After beating Dorin he said I should have something, but then walked off. A message indicating he gave the dex would be nice!
Hmm... I don't know why it doesn't show you having the dex since I do have a show text command? It should work in the update hopefully 🙏
Anyways can't bug test any more until really late tonight because of work so crossing my fingers nothing too bad shows up 'till then!

Not sure if this happens every time but the game has does this every single time I head into Route 4. The game is very fun so far!

Very odd... We'll look into updating it and fixing it asap! What was in traceback.log?

Speaking of updating v1.1 is out! With bug fixes and fixes and other fixes and I think you get the jist. Please download it if you already have the game downloaded!

Last edited:

TheDuoDesign

Novice
Hmm... I don't know why it doesn't show you having the dex since I do have a show text command? It should work in the update hopefully 🙏
Anyways can't bug test any more until really late tonight because of work so crossing my fingers nothing too bad shows up 'till then!

Very odd... We'll look into updating it and fixing it asap! What was in traceback.log?

Speaking of updating v1.1 is out! With bug fixes and fixes and other fixes and I think you get the jist. Please download it if you already have the game downloaded!
Script error within map 10 (ROUTE 4):
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
(1..6).each do |i|
car = get_character(i) ; rangeX = (car.x-1..car.x+2) ; rangeY = (car.y-2..car.y+1)
pX = [imath]game_player.x ; pY =[/imath]game_player.y
if !rangeX.include?(pX) && !rangeY.include?(pY) && car.through == true
car.through = false
end
end

Backtrace:
(eval):2:in `block in pbExecuteScript'
(eval):1:in `each'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
001_Interpreter.rb:184:in `eval'
001_Interpreter.rb:184:in `pbExecuteScript'
001_Interpreter.rb:1528:in `command_355'
001_Interpreter.rb:346:in `execute_command'
001_Interpreter.rb:158:in `block in update'
001_Interpreter.rb:105:in `loop'
001_Interpreter.rb:105:in `update'

001_Interpreter.rb:233:in `rescue in pbExecuteScript'
001_Interpreter.rb:182:in `pbExecuteScript'
001_Interpreter.rb:1528:in `command_355'
001_Interpreter.rb:346:in `execute_command'
001_Interpreter.rb:158:in `block in update'
001_Interpreter.rb:105:in `loop'
001_Interpreter.rb:105:in `update'
006_Game_Event.rb:249:in `update'
009_Game_Map.rb:456:in `block in update'
009_Game_Map.rb:455:in `each'
009_Game_Map.rb:455:in `update'
002_Scene_Map.rb:135:in `block in updateMaps'
002_Scene_Map.rb:134:in `each'
002_Scene_Map.rb:134:in `updateMaps'
002_Scene_Map.rb:161:in `block in update'
002_Scene_Map.rb:160:in `loop'
002_Scene_Map.rb:160:in `update'
002_Scene_Map.rb:229:in `block in main'
002_Scene_Map.rb:226:in `loop'
002_Scene_Map.rb:226:in `main'
999_Main.rb:41:in `mainFunctionDebug'
999_Main.rb:26:in `mainFunction'
999_Main.rb:51:in `block (2 levels) in load_scripts_from_folder'
999_Main.rb:50:in `loop'
999_Main.rb:50:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:31:in `eval'
Section000:31:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:28:in `each'
Section000:28:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:41:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:40:in `each'
Section000:40:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:45:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'

Invatorzen

Umbra Dev
Will wait for v1.2's fixes, but am dying to continue :)

literally been thinking about this game all day at work lmaoo

Also to be clear, I did get the Pokédex I just don't think there was a message indicating it in v1.0, but I could have just totally missed it :)

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
What if I told you I now have the solution? 👀 V1.2 Patch is out! Since it's only one map it's just a patch update!
literally been thinking about this game all day at work lmaoo

Also to be clear, I did get the Pokédex I just don't think there was a message indicating it in v1.0, but I could have just totally missed it :)

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Okay... I swearI'm not trying to spam on this thread haha. But V1.2 Patch is out!... For real this time!

It didn't actually like patch anything last time so if you downloaded it before redownload it! We'll try in the future to resolve screw-ups from being this annoying to deal with on your end!

Jona1

Novice
Hello i try your game but i find a error when i enouther a creature snake in the cave and when it finished talking, the error say cant not find char something so i just redownload and its just says the same but i really love your game this game sounds amazing.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Hello i try your game but i find a error when i enouther a creature snake in the cave and when it finished talking, the error say cant not find char something so i just redownload and its just says the same but i really love your game this game sounds amazing.
Did the error say "Cannot find PLAYER.chr"? If so, that's intended. Just try opening the game again.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.3 is out! Some more minor bug fixes but if you've already started the game and have made it past the 1 hour mark you should be fine.

• Softlock if you leave the left room in Dripstone Cave.
  • Dialogue fix for girl in Oilpond City.
  • Bucharyth Gym Guy doesn't properly check for flying types/levitating mons.

Jona1

Novice
well i play the verison 1.3 but i still has the bug problem idk what to do tho i open the game again and its just the same

TheDuoDesign

Novice
When you encounter a pokemon from your previous team, there is a chance that the pokemon doesn't appear and just stays on the black screen :[ Happened twice so far

TheDuoDesign

Novice
Okay now that I have finally finished it here are my thoughts. Obviously spoilers.

First off, the music is easily the best part. The other parts of the game is great but the music will stick with me. It made me one of Pavlov's dogs. It trained me to feel a certain way before even seeing what was happening.

Speaking of what was happening, the general atmosphere of the game is something I enjoy. It being a creepy game is a huge plus. I feel like there could have been some better storytelling for the creepy parts to really sale that aspect even more. The girl that appears in the lab when Dorin is going after Girafarig for instance, may not make any sense if you didn't go into her house or talk to the npc that mentions her. Unless I missed something, in the lab it should have talked more specifically about her and the Girafarig. Again just my 2 cents, others may disagree.

These are my highlights so I don't just leave a block of text here.
The protagonist being killed. Switching to the rival. SEEING YOUR OLD POKEMON IN THE WILD (peak mechanic). The feral pokemon looking different. Luca being "named" and that interaction with Dorin. The overall storytelling.

Things that I think just need minor tweaks to make it that much better.
Moves/Abilities that use berries need to be adjusted since there are no berries. Or just add berries.
Money is kind of an issue but not really. I would say if you weren't being conservative you could totally mess up your playthrough if you ran out of moolah.
The AI seems like it isn't too smart. Using yawn twice in a row. Using Fury Cutter only once and never following up with another.
Aegislash, the last boss, having tackle.

You guys are awesome and I really hope I get to see more games from you guys that have this vibe.

TheMentalOrder

Novice
I really enjoyed this game. One of my favorites of the Jam. It's basically a
[/SPOILER pokemon adventure gone wrong and it's very interesting how the rival becomes the MC after we die.]

Overall a very interesting game, I wish it got developed more after the Jam since the concept and the horror elements would have been quite interesting for a more lengthy game.

Jona1

Novice
now when i am fighting for fire gym leader with using the bird mon it has the missingno moves and then now the route5 grass i cant encounter any mons and my krabby has the bird moves like powerrtrip and others this bug tho

Back