• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Forgotten Saint

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.

Altarax

Novice
CTEIUlw.png

Made using PSDK

A hundred years ago, the greed of man awakened the forlorn husk of their creator, the Scribe Mother Mela.
Her pain, her anguish, all released at once, brought forth a great flood.
Today, the last remnants of mankind are divided across two settlements: New Iron Island within a gigantic Pokémon floating in the sky, housing the oppressors of the desperate survivors atop the Golden Peak.
You sacrifice everything to change their fates.
Your sacrifice will not be remembered.

Forgotten Saint is the first game of many set in a world brimming with lore, where the unbelievable is commonplace. It features:

The unique Sigil System, where one harnesses miraculous power granted by a powerful patron Legendary's blessing
A modified battle system created to fit the world precisely
A lore-rich world, where every turn brings new revelations
A myriad of mysteries to be uncovered
~3 hours of confusion and mild existential horror

Screenshots:
wr7Xd7n.png
S1k8qcy.png

RcUksco.png
pJFryxo.png

fi7tkBM.png
da7tw8Z.png

WSMBHYq.gif

W42ATVR.gif

Our Team:
Altarax (Eventing, programming)
Karakter (Plot, dialogue)
Geoswag (Mapping, playtesting)
Adell's Brother (Playtesting, spriting)​

There is a hint system integrated in the game which guides you if you are stuck. Try searching before using it as it's literally a walkthrough.
Most of the Gen2 contents are optional, but we strongly advise you to go and explore this timeline in order to obtain rewards which will make the battles easy.

As one might have noticed, Forgotten Saint is far from the full story, and the game is very much meant to convey that. While it is removed from a larger plotline of some sort, it still describes just one event set in a story spanning millennia. The Melan Cycle is a chronicle of fate, where the powerful Blessed Bloodlines make their mark on history. The next game might describe how a group of rebels led by the first Exalt to Zacian exiled the mad King Galatis in the 191st year, or be a 23rd-century cyberpunk story about a mysterious hyper-advanced machine intelligence guiding criminals to the ultimate truth of the world. Consider Forgotten Saint a proof of concept of some sort, and one that our lovely team put a ton of work into!

Anywho, please look forward to the next game in the project!

-Karakter

PSDK Credits

battlers:

-celine battler : Wergan MEGA PACK
- Beliot419
- PoffiCase
- MechanicalApe464
- Hyo-Oppa
- Akuma-Tsubasa
- Duncapham
- Wergan
- Kyledove
-backs:
- Adell's Brother
- Poltergeist (for references)
-Galatis battler:
- Adell's Brother

characters:
- Essentials GSC (all the GEN2 chars)
- Magiscarf (for door)
- Aveontrainer (for Celine OW)
- Adell's Brother (for running OW and Biel OW)
- Poltergeist (reference for running OW)
- Anarlaurendil (for king Galatis OW)
- UltimoSpriter and DiegoWT (all the other gen4 style chars)

pictures:
- Karakter and Geoswag (for sigil explanations)
- Essentials GSC (for gen3 battlers)

tilesets:
- Magiscarf for GEN4 tiles
- Essentials GSC for GEN2 tiles
- Alistair and Serg!o for GEN3 tiles

fogs:
- spritemight

audio: ENLS's Pre-Looped Music Library
- ENLS
- Thundaga
- YTKrakerwat
- Sulucnal
- FrivolousAqua

POKéMON ESSENTIALS GSC was created by:

- Xaveriux

With the indispensable help of: Caruban, prankster20, Vendily, AwfullyWaffley, TechSkylander1518, James Davy.

Pokémon Essentials GS base resources made by:

- COMBOY

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:

• Flameguru
  • Poccil (Peter O.)
  • Maruno

With contributions from:

• Marin
  • Boushy
  • MiDas Mike
  • Brother1440
  • Near Fantastica
  • FL
  • PinkMan
  • Genzai Kawakami
  • Popper
  • help-14
  • Rataime
  • IceGod64
  • SoundSpawn
  • Jacob O. Wobbrock
  • the__end
  • KitsuneKouta
  • Venom12
  • Lisa Anthony
  • Wachunga
  • Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:

- Enterbrain

3rd, 4th and 5th generation Pokémon
devamped sprites made by:

• COMBOY
  • DarkDoom3000
  • Koolboyman
  • Akailsamu
  • Neslug
  • NICKtendo DS
  • Wes
  • pokekicks
  • Alpha Six
  • Jeremy
  • Lockerz102
  • josthR69
  • Koopaul
  • Parasect047
  • Ike
  • ClawdNyasu
  • Layle
  • SengirDev
  • Devicho

Special thanks to:

• Aioros
  • The Spriters Resource
  • Maruno
  • FL
  • Umbreon
  • Pia Carrot
  • Kcgaranzy
  • mej71
  • out written
  • kiedisticelixer

Crystal GFX Files:

- Nuuk

GBC Party Sprites

• EeVeeEe1999
  • QuilChess
  • JF278 & Dani (from Pokémon Fierce Melody)

Sun/Moon Community Dex v2.0:

Pia Carrot
Pioxys
Xeogran
Lightning
Enderific
SirWhibbles
SupahSanti
JaegerLucciano
patrickackerman
Seyeba
ubasuteyama
Rangi
bloodless
lakeofdance
datlopunnytho
Leperagon
Soloo93
Bronzeswagger
Sword/Shield Community Dex GSC style:
Meltan - ???, BloodlessNS
Melmetal - JuicyChickenThighs, PiaCarrot
Grookey, Jozzer26, PiaCarrot, JaceDeane
Scorbunny - PiaCarrot, JaceDeane, BloodlessNS
Sobble - EeVeeEe1999
Gossifleur - QuilChess, PiaCarrot, Copetin, JaceDeane
Eldegoss - PiaCarrot, JaceDeane
Corviknight - LucasSevero
Dreadnaw - EeVeeEe1999, JaceDeane
Wooloo - Nuuk
Zacian - PiaCarrot, Copetin
Zamazenta - PiaCarrot
Impidimp - PiaCarrot
Yamper - EeVeeEe1999, JaceDeane
Rolycoly - EeVeeEe1999, JaceDeane
Duraldon - Enderific, JaceDeane
Alcremie - JaceDeane
Weezing - PiaCarrot
Menu - Toxel Dragapult Chewtle Cursola Coalossal Eiscue Dracozolt Arctozolt.
Hatterene Barraskewda, Mr Rime
Rookiedie - Pia Carrot
Morpeko - JaceDeane
Polteageist - EeVeeEe1999
Cramorant - EeVeeEe1999
Applin - Pia Carrot
Obstagoon - Copetin
Sirfetchd - Enderific, JaceDeane
Ponyta - JuicyChickenThighs
Zigzagoon & Linoone - EeVeeEe1999
Dracovish - Nuuk
Drizzile Inteleon - Pia Carrot
Runerigus - EeVeeEe1999
Blipbug line - Enderific (and resized by Pia Carrot)
Dreepy and evo - Enderific
Galarian Meowth - Enderific
Hattena - Cinnaboopa

Attack Animations:

• The Spriters Resource
  • COMBOY
  • RZC
  • Xaveriux
  • MarcStudio08

Scripts:

• Caruban
  • Xaveriux
  • Vendily
  • Pia Carrot
  • Nyaruko
  • Pablus94
  • Marin

Gen 8 Project for Essentials 18 and 18.1:

Cry Credits:

• Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries- Rhyden
  • Gen 7 Pokemon Cries- Marin, Rhyden
  • Gen 8 Pokemon Cries- Zeak6464

PBS Credits:

- Zerokid, TheToxic, Golisopod User, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier

Script Credits:

• Gen 8 Scripts: Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Golisopod User, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
  • UberDunsparce - Compilation of Resources

Music and SFX:

- Pokémon Gold, Silver & Crystal

Pokémon is owned by:

• The Pokémon Company
  • Nintendo
  • Affiliated with Game Freak

Last edited:

Altarax

Novice
Sorry for upping once again, but I wanted to let know that I updated once gain the game.
Please download the new version if you are stuck on the battle against Machamp.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hi, there's a softlock in the Gen 3 city where I'm supposed to go to an orange house to talk to BOB.
If you go down the ledge from below that girl you are forced down the ledge to the left and then you're just stuck. Is there some way to recover my progress in this save or should I not save and go back like an hour?
rJSeya6.png

Altarax

Novice
Hi, there's a softlock in the Gen 3 city where I'm supposed to go to an orange house to talk to BOB.
If you go down the ledge from below that girl you are forced down the ledge to the left and then you're just stuck. Is there some way to recover my progress in this save or should I not save and go back like an hour?
rJSeya6.png
Hi, I made you a temporary fix : https://www.mediafire.com/file/wcv3nk8e5zw0zqt/ForgottenSaintV5tmp.rar/file
Save and downlod the new version, then put your old Save folder in the new version.
I made this tile passable in the new version:
Rqlbvnl.png

Played through Forgotten Saint! Really interesting game!
Some thoughts:
I had a lot of thoughts about the game, and I'm probably going to forget to write some of them in this comment, but right after playing I recorded an episode of a podcast called "Hints of Hisui" with Cadeorade5 and WolfTaiko where we went pretty in depth on it. But I'll try to summarise my thoughts here.

Overall, super cool game. I was a bit cautious at the start because the intro happened way too quickly for my liking. Plot development got piled on top of plot development because I had even walked a step in this world. It felt like I had just watched a whole game's worth of story play out as an intro. I came out of it feeling very lost and only having a vague sense of what was going on.

And honestly a lot of the way the story was told felt like that to me, and I think it comes down to the fact that the depth of the details given to me in the plot were way too deep for the time I had been given to handle them. This game has obviously been built with very intricate lore, and from the bits that I could understand and appreciate the meaning of, it's pretty cool stuff. But for a game of jam game length, it's way too much in way too little time.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, while I think the way the story was told just left me feeling lost, I could kinda vibe out a bit about the story being told, and I kinda really liked what it was going for? A story about the consequences of the butterfly effect, handling the responsibility of a power that can write someone out of existence just as quickly as it can erase them. It's really interesting stuff. And this sort of idea that no matter what we do, Golden Peak's downfall is inevitable. Yeah, I loved it! I can see that there is an interesting story here, and I can enjoy it, I just wish it was told a bit more smoothly and a bit more clearly.

AND WITH THAT BEING SAID, what really kicked ass in this game was the gameplay. Holy shit. The sigil system is awesome. It's really cool that you put custom ways to battle with pokemon in you fangames, like in Petra Mandala, and this sigil system was really masterfully implemented. You've laid the ground work of having the possibility of 12 different unique abilities, and being able to do double battles with this, mixing and matching sigils. You've shown how interesting and CLEANING the mew system can work. Going through the effort of having the relearn mechanic, making it so you only get prompted once per move per pokemon so you don't get spammed with learn prompts, giving each move 3 different versions for each dimensions. It's really a fully fleshed out mechanic and it plays awesomely. I also loved being able to use the lugia sigil alongside it, I WANT MOREEEEEEEE.

Other cool little mechanics that just make the game flow smoothly, no levels, I love it. No wild encounters to help match that change, I love it. Tightly controlled possibilities for team building while still giving lots of ways to use that team due to mew's sigil. I love it. Like really, I'm not a battling person, but I really enjoyed using these sigils in battle to gain an advantage instead of just being a high level, really awesome stuff.

Final thing for me to harp on about, the generation switching mechanic. It just felt super smooth, had a nice transition animation that wasn't too long, and I liked it being bound to a key. Seeing all the different versions of golden peak was cool.

If you continue to expand on this universe, I'd be happy to learn more about the world, and I'm looking forward to seeing the team take the criticism about how the story is told, and learn from it. You're really building a framework for what could be an awesome thing here. The writer's obviously have a lot of passion, and the game's framework is a gold mine of potential. Keep it up!

Altarax

Novice
Played through Forgotten Saint! Really interesting game!
Some thoughts:
I had a lot of thoughts about the game, and I'm probably going to forget to write some of them in this comment, but right after playing I recorded an episode of a podcast called "Hints of Hisui" with Cadeorade5 and WolfTaiko where we went pretty in depth on it. But I'll try to summarise my thoughts here.

Overall, super cool game. I was a bit cautious at the start because the intro happened way too quickly for my liking. Plot development got piled on top of plot development because I had even walked a step in this world. It felt like I had just watched a whole game's worth of story play out as an intro. I came out of it feeling very lost and only having a vague sense of what was going on.

And honestly a lot of the way the story was told felt like that to me, and I think it comes down to the fact that the depth of the details given to me in the plot were way too deep for the time I had been given to handle them. This game has obviously been built with very intricate lore, and from the bits that I could understand and appreciate the meaning of, it's pretty cool stuff. But for a game of jam game length, it's way too much in way too little time.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, while I think the way the story was told just left me feeling lost, I could kinda vibe out a bit about the story being told, and I kinda really liked what it was going for? A story about the consequences of the butterfly effect, handling the responsibility of a power that can write someone out of existence just as quickly as it can erase them. It's really interesting stuff. And this sort of idea that no matter what we do, Golden Peak's downfall is inevitable. Yeah, I loved it! I can see that there is an interesting story here, and I can enjoy it, I just wish it was told a bit more smoothly and a bit more clearly.

AND WITH THAT BEING SAID, what really kicked ass in this game was the gameplay. Holy shit. The sigil system is awesome. It's really cool that you put custom ways to battle with pokemon in you fangames, like in Petra Mandala, and this sigil system was really masterfully implemented. You've laid the ground work of having the possibility of 12 different unique abilities, and being able to do double battles with this, mixing and matching sigils. You've shown how interesting and CLEANING the mew system can work. Going through the effort of having the relearn mechanic, making it so you only get prompted once per move per pokemon so you don't get spammed with learn prompts, giving each move 3 different versions for each dimensions. It's really a fully fleshed out mechanic and it plays awesomely. I also loved being able to use the lugia sigil alongside it, I WANT MOREEEEEEEE.

Other cool little mechanics that just make the game flow smoothly, no levels, I love it. No wild encounters to help match that change, I love it. Tightly controlled possibilities for team building while still giving lots of ways to use that team due to mew's sigil. I love it. Like really, I'm not a battling person, but I really enjoyed using these sigils in battle to gain an advantage instead of just being a high level, really awesome stuff.

Final thing for me to harp on about, the generation switching mechanic. It just felt super smooth, had a nice transition animation that wasn't too long, and I liked it being bound to a key. Seeing all the different versions of golden peak was cool.

If you continue to expand on this universe, I'd be happy to learn more about the world, and I'm looking forward to seeing the team take the criticism about how the story is told, and learn from it. You're really building a framework for what could be an awesome thing here. The writer's obviously have a lot of passion, and the game's framework is a gold mine of potential. Keep it up!

Thank you for playing and for your feedback.
I am looking forward to the Hints of Hisui episode 😀

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Heya! I beat the game! I had a really fun time playing through the game, and the custom mechanics and the implementations blew me away. I thought they were super neat, and the gameplay section of this game was done excellently. It seemed very well crafted and almost perfectly made, and almost every single situation was accounted for almost every single battle. I gotta say, I absolutely love how the story and gameplay elements worked together too, with every character seemingly having their own special and unique abilities that they even work in the gameplay!

I found the pacing of the early sections kind of strange, with us teleporting from place to place super quickly, and I wish I could've seen something like the giant Stakataka in the sky as part of an image or something (basic presentations gripes), but it was actually so cool seeing what every character does outside of battle in some of the later, like being able to communicate with Water-Pokemon, disguising themselves as another person. I'm very interested in seeing how the world is shaping up to be, and I honestly love the idea of their powers going to certain people over time, and seeing how every person ends up using them. It's a really cool world to set up in the Pokemon universe. I was a little sad that the game ended haha. I'd say my only big critiques would be the presentation and pacing, the rest is very well done!

Overall, I had a really great time, and I'm looking forward to the next parts in the series

Back