• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Pokemon World Tournament (PWT) - Unofficial v21.1 Port 1.0.5

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Manurocker95 submitted a new resource:

Pokemon World Tournament (PWT) - Unofficial v21.1 Port - Port of Pokémon World Tournament (released for 17.2) to make it working on Essentials 21.1

Originally ported by Dersxwna Kapsyla for Essentials v20, this resource is a port for Essentials 21.1 of Luka S.J.'s original PWT script from v17.2. He made an strong effort porting it to Essentials 20, so if you give some love to the original port here. I only updated the resource for making it compatible with Essentials v21.

As well as the...

Read more about this resource...

xbatman0903x

Novice
umm just curious, is it possible to make it so more than 1 trainers appear in the lobby after beating the pwt?

idite

Rookie
I am 100% certain that I am doing something wrong but I can't quite figure it out. I keep getting this error right as I'm about to enter a battle:
Exception `NoMethodError' at [PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:813 - undefined method `lose_text=' for nil:NilClass
Exception `EventScriptError' at Section033:177 - EventScriptError

Any help would be so, so appreciated.

Also, you're amazing for porting this up to 21.1.

idite

Rookie
I am 100% certain that I am doing something wrong but I can't quite figure it out. I keep getting this error right as I'm about to enter a battle:
Exception `NoMethodError' at [PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:813 - undefined method `lose_text=' for nil:NilClass
Exception `EventScriptError' at Section033:177 - EventScriptError

Any help would be so, so appreciated.

Also, you're amazing for porting this up to 21.1.
Yeah I was spot-on. After a lot of digging around, I realized that I didn't initialize the darn Trainers in the PBS file. YIKES - rookie mistake.

Thanks again for porting the plugin up! I've been waiting for this one.

MeinBou

Rookie
Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this sector and I tried to do everything step by step, but when I try to open the game after inserting the script it gives me this error: ''Script 'pwt' line 849: NameError Occured.
undefined method 'pbPrepareBattle' For Class ìObject'

I know this is probably an easy thing to fix but I'm really incompetent. thank you very much

Manurocker95

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this sector and I tried to do everything step by step, but when I try to open the game after inserting the script it gives me this error: ''Script 'pwt' line 849: NameError Occured.
undefined method 'pbPrepareBattle' For Class ìObject'

I know this is probably an easy thing to fix but I'm really incompetent. thank you very much

Inserting the script? Can you tell the steps you followed (to check if you did the steps correctly)

Btw, added a video to the post:

Last edited:

MeinBou

Rookie
Inserting the script? Can you tell the steps you followed (to check if you did the steps correctly)

Btw, added a video to the post:

after i downloaded the plugin and added it in the files i opened essential, . i found the script from the original file and i copied it in the script file of essential above the ''Main'' and under the [[Main]] script

Last edited:

Manurocker95

after i downloaded the plugin and added it in the files i opened essential, . i found the script from the original file and i copied it in the script file of essential above the ''Main'' and under the [[Main]] script

There is not just one script but two (001_Settings.rb and 002_CoreSystem.rb). In addition, it's a plugin. You just need to unzip the scripts and meta (with the folder that contains it called "Pokemon World Tournament") under Plugins folder in your project and place the graphics and audios in the correct folders. Same you would do with any other plugin for Essentials 21.

MeinBou

Rookie
There is not just one script but two (001_Settings.rb and 002_CoreSystem.rb). In addition, it's a plugin. You just need to unzip the scripts and meta (with the folder that contains it called "Pokemon World Tournament") under Plugins folder in your project and place the graphics and audios in the correct folders. Same you would do with any other plugin for Essentials 21.
i just did what you told me and this time after i spoke with the girl at the desk the event started, but now it gives me error before the 1st battle start :
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 36 (coords 15,4), map 32 (PWTBattle)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
$PWT.continue

Backtrace:
[PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:813:in `pbPWTBattle'
[PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:419:in `startTournament'
[PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:134:in `continue'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'

Manurocker95

i just did what you told me and this time after i spoke with the girl at the desk the event started, but now it gives me error before the 1st battle start :
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 36 (coords 15,4), map 32 (PWTBattle)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
$PWT.continue

Backtrace:
[PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:813:in `pbPWTBattle'
[PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:419:in `startTournament'
[PWT System (E21)] 002_CoreSystem.rb:134:in `continue'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'
As stated in the description, remember to set the trainers properly :)

Back