• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

21.1Help seeking: Some ideas about original props

Thomwell

Trainer
Hey buddy, I suddenly have a strange idea. I want to create a prop in the game, such as a gift box or a lucky bag. Yes, when we open this prop, we can receive rewards inside. This prop can be placed in the backpack and can be opened if we want to, or left unopened if we don't want to. The rewards in this prop can be freely combined by the author. How can I achieve this?Unfortunately, I am a beginner and have a poor foundation in Ruby.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Created this as a plugin for you. I provide two example Gift Box items. Edit/add as many as you like by duplicating the UseFromBag handlers.

Gift Box Item Plugin Page (Will be accessible once the plugin is approved)

Last edited:

Thomwell

Trainer
Created this as a plugin for you. I provide two example Gift Box items. Edit/add as many as you like by duplicating the UseFromBag handlers.

Gift Box Item Plugin Page (Will be accessible once the plugin is approved)
Wow, that's really amazing. You've fulfilled my desire. The plugin is currently running very smoothly, thank you so much! There is another small question, I would like to ask you, teacher. In the creation of 21.1ESS, we often encounter some levels that require players to defeat NPCs before they can pass. However, every time they enter the battle mode or the puzzle games that come with ESS, it's a bit dry. Can you teach me how to compare the size of dice roll points, or how to use scissors, stones, and cloth operations in games? My personal guess is that it will enrich the fun of the game even more.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Wow, that's really amazing. You've fulfilled my desire. The plugin is currently running very smoothly, thank you so much! There is another small question, I would like to ask you, teacher. In the creation of 21.1ESS, we often encounter some levels that require players to defeat NPCs before they can pass. However, every time they enter the battle mode or the puzzle games that come with ESS, it's a bit dry. Can you teach me how to compare the size of dice roll points, or how to use scissors, stones, and cloth operations in games? My personal guess is that it will enrich the fun of the game even more.
Are you asking about making a dice roll or rock, paper, scissors mini game? I've never had to think about doing that, but you can probably just do it using events. If you want UI for them, that's a lot more work.

Thomwell

Trainer
Are you asking about making a dice roll or rock, paper, scissors mini game? I've never had to think about doing that, but you can probably just do it using events. If you want UI for them, that's a lot more work.
Yes, if you want UI, animation effects are indeed needed to achieve it. But if it's an event, how should we handle it? Humbly seeking advice.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Yes, if you want UI, animation effects are indeed needed to achieve it. But if it's an event, how should we handle it? Humbly seeking advice.
For events, probably just generating a random value and using conditional branches to handle different outcomes. I've never made it before, but if you're familiar with how to create complex events in RPG maker it's doable. Otherwise:
View: https://youtu.be/pt8m5PtyM7c?si=gtsRxcp__I6cJUsD

Back