• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Saṃsāra

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

cosmicHierophant

Rookie
Pokemon Saṃsāra
by Cosmic Hierophant
Made in Gamemaker Studio 2

Theme: Rebirth

Synopsis:
You died. Before you are reincarnated, Jirachi wants you to help some other Pokemon evolve in the afterlife before they get reincarnated. It's hazardous work, though.

Pokemon Saṃsāra is a tile-matcher/falling block game where you place 2 or more Pokemon together to get them to evolve to gain karma.
The more Pokemon are placed in a group and evolve together, the more points you get.
Some Pokemon will help you, others will hurt you or obliterate/steal/eat the Pokemon you are trying to help.

It's my first jam, and I couldn't devote much time over the allocated period to creating something bigger.

Technically a bug - the game timer will start before you finish talking to Jirachi if you take too long, but it doesn't affect the game
other than an instant game over screen if the game timer completes once jirachi leaves but you would have to be afk the entire game time.
Other than that, nothing big that I know of.

Download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sstqplqkhezoz0u/pokemonSamsara_v1_1.zip/file

5ofDEzQ.png

qiZDGeE.png

rGi87Kw.png

Rr2Hc0V.png

bTfOfuE.png

NoQ91ZN.png

Art:
Cramorant: Sprite base by wolfgang62 on deviantart recolored by me
The Pokemon Company
Fantasy 24 Palette Created by Gabriel C.
Cosmic Hierophant

The Rest:
Cosmic Hierophant

Last edited:
Very cool game, I enjoyed giving it a shot!
Some thoughts
I don't have too much to say but massive respect for not only making an original game that plays different than pokemon, but also making an original game that plays differently than any other game I've seen! It was like a cool combination of Suika game and Space Invaders and maybe something else? Super creative and super cool.

The thing that really stood out to me the most, by far, was the art. ITS SO COOL AND UNIQUE AND AAAAAAA. super well done, loved the art

and two more little thumbs up, one for including so many fun ways to customize the game settings, and one for funny jirachi

Nice little arcade game! My highscore was 19,000 karma, try to beat it!

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
The art style and animations are extremely well done! I really liked the game, but was kind sad that the difficulty skyrocketed eventually to where I couldn't plop other Pokemon down. I wish I could've seen some of the game mechanics get fleshed out a little more, the skeleton of the game is excellent and fun.

I had some frustrations with turning the Pokemon around to place stuff I needed, and then moving or placing stuff 1 tile too far or back, I think I way to force a turn without moving (like hold SHIFT or something) would be a great idea.

Back