• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon Dragonvale is Recruiting!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

TDGStudios

Rookie
1-9-Starter-Line.png

Pokemon Dragonvale
We’re Looking For:
  • High Priority
    • Programmer - Need someone to help code the scripts and various mechanics into the game, can be new to PSDK that’s ok! As long as you know Ruby and have a bit of experience coding you’re welcome to join! I am learning how to code in Ruby to assist this department as well
    • UI Designer - We’d like our game to have a completely reworked UI fusing the Dragon concept with a fresh, modern, and medieval aesthetic.
    • Tileset Designer - Our game will feature aesthetics from the Game of Thrones universe, such as large castles, large walls, towers, houses, realm banners, as well as the essential poke buildings in addition to some new concepts
    • Balancer - Someone to help ensure a balanced gaming experience. The balancer will be responsible for balancing stats, item availability vs. progress in the game, trainer and gym leader strength, wild encounters, and more. The gameplay should be challenging but not unbeatable. We want to ensure this is maintained throughout the dev experience
  • Low Priority
    • Composer - We’d love to have a custom soundtrack! Though we’ve got a bit to go before this is a necessity, if anyone's interested in joining anyway, you’re welcome to!
    • Community Manager - We’d like to build a community of players around our game. To do so we need someone running the social media, bringing awareness, modding the eventual discord, and facilitating Patreon content in hopes of receiving donations to reward the team for their efforts
    • Map Creator - I enjoy map creation so this isn’t a necessity; however, I am a complete novice(though I think I’m doing alright, the map included in this post I created) So if anyone would like to lend their expertise and guidance I’d be more than happy to accept

Our Team currently consists of:
  • Myself - Project Manager, Mapper, Writer, Programmer, Audio Engineer
  • 4 Fakemon concept Artists(With an additional artist lending pre-existing fakemon designs)
  • Sprite Artist/Animator
  • Writer

Story

In Pokemon Dragonvale, all Pokemon have long since gone extinct. Long ago, a group of scientists attempted to create the ultimate Legendary Dragon, creating a monster so powerful they could not control it. Unbeknownst to the scientists, their creation had a Hidden Ability called Miasma. Upon creation, this Legendary released it’s hidden ability and spread its Miasma worldwide. This Miasma was toxic to non-dragon-type Pokemon, killing them off. Dragon-type Pokemon were spared, but not left unaffected by the Miasma, twisting their forms into new, stronger, variants. As a result of this Miasma, our region is now populated by Dracomon, monsters with the appearance of dragons but with non-dragon typing. There are “True” Dragon Dracomon that carry the Dragon type and have a type effectiveness over every other type and resistance to Dragon-type moves. Pokemon Dragonvale sends the player down the route of world discovery and exploration, uncovering the secrets of the world's past, and foiling plans for a warped future.

Setting

Valore region exists in the medieval period and is a region split into two halves, the Western Island and the Eastern Island. Game of Thrones’ Westeros inspires the Western Island and has cities and towns based on the 7 realms and more to explore. Lord of the Rings inspires the Eastern island, let’s take a journey to Middle Earth shall we?

Goals

This is a passion project, but our goal is to build a community around this game and eventually accept donations on Patreon. All donations will be distributed evenly amongst the entire team

Platform: Pokemon Studio 2.2/PSDK 27.

Features
  • Lore Riddled, Story-Driven, RPG with an intricate plot and a world of lore to discover
  • Complete fakemon Dex with 250+ fakemon Including 7 Legendary fakemon
  • 16 gyms
  • Two Elite 4 & Two Champions
  • Two Villanous Teams
  • Type Name Swaps! We’ve changed the names of some OG types to make ones that fit our game world. Psychic becomes Magik and Ghost becomes Spectre for example
  • We’ll be introducing new types and Sub-types! More specific classifications of pre-existing types. Sand becomes a sub-type of Ground and Undead becomes a sub-type of Spectre, and we’ll be introducing an all-new Sound type!
  • New type-specific Moves, Abilities, and Hidden Abilities
  • Magitek System! Move replacement items (Rock Smash, Cut, Surf) will not be useable without a magitek charge by magik type Dracomon
  • Quest system
  • Morality system, your decisions matter!
  • Assassin battles! You don’t see them but they see you! Beware an assassins strike
  • Breeding! Want better IVs/EV gain? What about a higher chance to roll a Hidden Ability? Look no further!

Reply below if you’d like to join the team, or add my discord @RenoDuffle. Hope to chat soon!

Enjoy a piece of our starter town and a few of our Dracomon Including our Starter Final Evos!
Castle-Town1-3.png
3-Wyvloom.png
6-Jaydross.png
22-Drakfort.png
9-Tyrantorch.png
41-Sphirus.jpg
42-Drakunawa.png
43-Medusalve.png

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I don't know about the game quality because there no demo but from the picture it looks amazing. Good luck on the game project and stay healthy 👍🏻😊

Back