• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Pokémon Reloaded: Battles with Real-Time Combat!

8rNxAiM.png
PYeDl6l.png

Tired of slow turn-based Pokémon battles? Want to experience gameplay that's fresh and fast-paced? Then Pokémon Reloaded is for you!

mjI6e6S.png

Pokémon Reloaded is a Spanish fangame (playable in English) by FER, that has been in development for over 15 years using Game Maker. Unlike traditional Pokémon games, which rely on turn-based combat, Pokémon Reloaded lets you control your Pokémon in real-time and move/attack in 8 directions, offering a dynamic and engaging battle experience.

After spending the last month immersed in the first region of Pokémon Reloaded, I have to say, the gameplay blew my mind! How have I not heard of this game until now?

vV4pm9Y.gif

As a League of Legends addict, this game fulfills the dream of the ultimate Pokémon experience I've always wanted.

The ga
C3iFQK7.gif
meplay system is implemented exceptionally well, making every battle exciting and engaging. In real-time combat, many moves take on new dynamics. For instance, Double Team creates a clone of your Pokémon to trick your opponent, while Dig renders your Pokémon invulnerable for a few seconds before launching an attack from below. Teleport grants you crazy mobility around the battlefield, and no-miss moves like Aura Sphere automatically follow the enemy.

The translation of these moves into real-time battles is masterful. Experimenting with different movesets is a blast, and each Pokémon feels distinct and unique to play!
The game is also incredibly challenging, especially the gym leaders, truly testing your skills. The AI is really well programmed, making every fight against a strong trainer feel like a battle with a real player. There was never a moment where the AI felt too easy or predictable.

Thanks to frequent updates over the many years of development, Pokémon Reloaded has a plethora of content. The game includes Pokémon from Generations 1 to 8, as well as Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, regional forms, and even Fakémon! Players can challenge a staggering 40 gyms and explore five regions, including Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh! If that's not enough, there's also a Battle Frontier and local multiplayer to keep you entertained.

r1bafOz.png

The story incorporates most of the villainous teams from the official games. While the plot is not the game's focus, the gameplay more than makes up for it. However, if you're not a fan of the combat, this game may not be for you, as it doesn't introduce many new elements outside of battles. That said, the Star region does feature some decent mapping and some pretty challenging ice and strength puzzles!

MdxSszI.gif

Overall, Pokémon Reloaded is a highly innovative game that definitely deserves more recognition, especially beyond the Spanish community! You can tell that a lot of effort went into the game, particularly in the battle system. If you're a Pokémon fan looking for a fresh take on the gameplay formula, this game is a must-try!

You can download there game here, https://pokemon-reloaded.blogspot.com/ and join the Discord here, https://discord.gg/pWjYZ3Ww9Z

Special thanks to @ranko & The Eevee Expo team for giving me the opportunity to write this article! Also thanks to @Ayrei for recommending this game on their Youtube!

~ KennyCatches

Back