• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Question Regarding Animation

paglet13

Rookie
Hello Fellow Pokemon Enthusiasts ,
I am making a BW styled fan game. And I wanted animation to be a part of it , I have seen how animation works in fan games.As of now I know of two methods to implement it.
1. To make an autotile
2. To do it via an event , something similar to a character motion event.
Now a third way exist , via parallel process , but it looks too cumbersome and trippy tbh , but at the end of the day it works. Here is one example. And it looks awesome , But I wanted to ask of some possible easier method. And that is all.
The Problem I am facing with method 2 , is that , the animation of something as large as windmill won't come out smooth If I only use 4 frames.
And Method 1 I am not able to get how to make it work.
here is the link for the sheet I am using , credits to slaqueen for the animated wind blades.

Oh those animated windblades are really helpful! It's already set up as a character sheet, so I'd so something like this:
1wPc0PB.png

Just manually setting each frame of the animation, with a short wait inbetween each frame. Here's what it looks like:
kRtO9Vs.gif

(It's very smooth actually, the little skip you might notice in there is just the gif I took)

Back