• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Daemon | Monster Taming RPG inspired by Pokémon

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
ETA Next Version
Jun 30, 2024
ZdNlZR2.gif
Z43N5ii.gif
HJK5O9Q.gif

Social

Join our discord community for the latest updates ! Daemon Discord

Follow me on Twitter/ X : @TwoTakuStudios

Follow me on YouTube : YouTube

Daemon is a completely brand new game made from scratch on the Unity Game Engine !

The game started two months ago and I've made tremendous progress !

Heavily inspired by Pokémon B/W because of the sprite animations and story !

The game focuses on the Fujian Region, with many Asian themes apparent throughout the game.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DAEMON

In the lush region of Fujian, where Daemon and humans thrive in harmony, a legendary evil Daemon know once threatened to plunge the land into darkness. However, centuries ago, a legendary hero, aided by their party of loyal Daemon, managed to seal away the evil Daemon and restore peace to Fujian. Now, as the region flourishes, a new threat emerges.

The evil and powerful Daemon, was said to possess the ability to control the minds of other Daemon, bending them to its will.

A radical group known as the Eclipse Sect emerges with the belief that Daemon should be free from human control and live as they did in ancient times, wild and untamed. Led by a charismatic leader named Eclipse, they seek to unseal the legendary evil Daemon and harness its power to liberate Daemon from human influence.

To unseal the legendary Daemon , the Eclipse sect searches for ancient relics scattered across Fujian, each holding a fragment of the legendary Daemon's power. The protagonist must race against the Eclipse Sect to find and safeguard these relics before they can be used for nefarious purposes.

Characters

Layla and Leo are the protagonists in the game ! These are their concept arts
egwboGs.png
veAxuLx.png

These are their portrait arts when starting up a dialogue with them !
qhelpg5.png
xOU8CcS.png

These are the animations sprites so far for them !

Q1xJr2y.gif
T5I5zxA.gif
Yue09f8.gif

Daemon

Daemons are monsters that you will encounter. You can seal them into scrolls and use them for battles, solving puzzles, and much more !

Daemons are monsters that roam in the Fujian Region.

Here are some that were created so far.

Credits to zerumon for the concept arts @zerumon

Hissear - Fire Starter
ZdNlZR2.gif

Floofy - A normal rodent you will encounter early into the game

HJK5O9Q.gif

Fighting bird ! No name yet though
Z43N5ii.gif

Concept Art for other Daemon's that need to be animated :

q1b5KFb.png

Features

Planned 184 Daemons on release

Energy System in Combat for more tactical gameplay

Generic Types but with the addition of Sound and Magic

Removed Dragon / Bug Typing / Rock

Planned Shiny Daemons ( Mutations )

Custom Idle Sprites for all Daemons

Dynamic Day / Night and Weather System

Quest System

Relationship System similar to Persona based on choices

Rogue Like end game content

Multiplayer ( Having one person join your game )

QoL updates from old Pokémon Games

Recruitment

Anyone who is interested to join can send me a message on Discord !

Am currently looking for a mapper and concept artist if anyone is interested in contributing :)

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I can't help because i don't have expertise but you got pretty cool stuff from this post. Hope this project stay strong and you stay healthy

luckorskills

Novice
is there a community discord to follow the status of the project? will this be on steam or itch.io?
Hey TheFabledOne,

The discord link is all the way at the top !
You just have to click on the text called Daemon Discord :)
My other socials are there as well :P

The game will release both on Steam and Switch as of now, since that is where the majority of the playerbase is at :)

Reactions: aly

luckorskills

Novice
Dynamic Day Night System has been added :P
Along with a mini rain weather system that will trigger every once in a while :P

The Day Night System plays an important role because it allows certain Daemons to appear !
Certain events and quests can only be completed within a certain time frame too !

Check it out here :O

luckorskills

Novice
Been a while since last update !

Added some Portrait Sprites for their conversational dialogues
Added movement sprites for Lilah !

qhelpg5.png
xOU8CcS.png

Also added some sprite movements for Lilah

Q1xJr2y.gif
T5I5zxA.gif
Yue09f8.gif