• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokemon Harmonic Illusions - Spriters needed - can trade original music!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TriddyP

Rookie
Project Title: Pokemon Harmonic Illusions
Looking to recruit:
  • Spriters mostly to help with characters and NPCs
  • Scripters who are interested in creating a music based mini game system. I know very little about scripting, so you would take the lead here.
Team Name/Team Members: TriddyP (Lead Development/Composer)

Kit used: PokemonEssentials 21.1

Project description:
Hello! I'm a professional musician and life long pokemon fan working on creating a region inspired by music and music theory! So far I've been working on my own, but I would like to start welcoming other people to the team. If any of you are working on your own projects, I would be happy to exchange original compositions for sprites etc. I'm all for sharing skill sets!

Plot outline:
The Harmona region is known for being a region where everyone gets along effortlessly. There are no evil teams, and the citizens are so content that many of the trainers have plenty of time to pursue other careers in addition to raising their pokemon. You move from another region, and quickly realize that something isn't right - there are plenty of things that people should be bothered by, so why don't they act like it?
You slowly uncover the history of the region, learning that the founders did something to Meloetta that seems to have imbued the region with mind altering songs that most are not able to perceive. Will you be able to find Meloetta to restore free will to the region? Is returning strife to the region the right thing to do? One way to find out!

Unique features:
  • Original score with a primarily orchestral and wind symphony pallet.
  • Non linear game play where story beats can be discovered in any order (not unlike the memories you uncover in games like BOTW or TOTK)
  • (Hopefully) mini games that are based on rhythm, music theory, and song creation
  • HM's handled as skills that are rewarded for exploration that do not require gym badges, or the pokemon actually knowing the move. For example, Wooper can use surf without knowing the move, as long as the NPC who teaches the skill has been found and interacted with.
  • (Pending the spriters) Fakemon/Regional variants
Below are a few tracks from the soundtrack as well as screenshots from the project.

View: https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1822272033&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true

0N1wI74.png
0ovS33Z.png
qzDFsmj.png
fGkdqxf.png
8nx8d05.png
LkJe4Gx.png
cBZbHKp.png
L6vRS53.png
b6HC3wp.png
mUaGl4g.png
7ICVxos.png

Method of Contact: Join the Discord here if you're interested!

Additional Information: As I mentioned, I am willing to trade skills, so if you have a project that needs music, let me know. Otherwise, message me and we can discuss what would be fair for you.

Last edited:

CarmineGGW

Novice
Project Title: Pokemon Harmonic Illusions
Looking to recruit:
  • Spriters mostly to help with characters and NPCs
  • Scripters who are interested in creating a music based mini game system. I know very little about scripting, so you would take the lead here.
Team Name/Team Members: TriddyP (Lead Development/Composer)

Kit used: PokemonEssentials 21.1

Project description:
Hello! I'm a professional musician and life long pokemon fan working on creating a region inspired by music and music theory! So far I've been working on my own, but I would like to start welcoming other people to the team. If any of you are working on your own projects, I would be happy to exchange original compositions for sprites etc. I'm all for sharing skill sets!

Plot outline:
The Harmona region is known for being a region where everyone gets along effortlessly. There are no evil teams, and the citizens are so content that many of the trainers have plenty of time to pursue other careers in addition to raising their pokemon. You move from another region, and quickly realize that something isn't right - there are plenty of things that people should be bothered by, so why don't they act like it?
You slowly uncover the history of the region, learning that the founders did something to Meloetta that seems to have imbued the region with mind altering songs that most are not able to perceive. Will you be able to find Meloetta to restore free will to the region? Is returning strife to the region the right thing to do? One way to find out!

Unique features:
  • Original score with a primarily orchestral and wind symphony pallet.
  • Non linear game play where story beats can be discovered in any order (not unlike the memories you uncover in games like BOTW or TOTK)
  • (Hopefully) mini games that are based on rhythm, music theory, and song creation
  • HM's handled as skills that are rewarded for exploration that do not require gym badges, or the pokemon actually knowing the move. For example, Wooper can use surf without knowing the move, as long as the NPC who teaches the skill has been found and interacted with.
  • (Pending the spriters) Fakemon/Regional variants
Below are a few tracks from the soundtrack as well as screenshots from the project.

View: https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1822272033&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true

0N1wI74.png
0ovS33Z.png
qzDFsmj.png
fGkdqxf.png
8nx8d05.png
LkJe4Gx.png
cBZbHKp.png
L6vRS53.png
b6HC3wp.png
mUaGl4g.png
7ICVxos.png

Method of Contact: Join the Discord here if you're interested!

Additional Information: As I mentioned, I am willing to trade skills, so if you have a project that needs music, let me know. Otherwise, message me and we can discuss what would be fair for you.

Did you say sprite artist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back