• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Overworld Rock Climb EX

Resource Overworld Rock Climb EX 1.3

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
DarrylBD99 submitted a new resource:

Overworld Rock Climb EX - Bring Rock Climbing into Pokémon Essentials with Visual Flair

Overworld Rock Climb EX

Pokémon Essentials V21.1 Support
[V20.1 is still supported, just won't receive updates unless someone can change my mind]

V201 [Up to 1.3 Update]
V21.1 [Up to 1.3 Update]

Ih249vy.gif

[FONT=book...[/COLOR]

Read more about this resource...

Babits

Novice
all the time i try to use it this error comes. only thing i modified was the terrain tag
[2024-03-13 19:50:35 +0100]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
RPG_Sprite:127:in `effect?'
RPG_Sprite:321:in `block in effect?'
RPG_Sprite:321:in `each'
RPG_Sprite:321:in `effect?'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:35:in `update'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:79:in `block in update'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:79:in `each'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:79:in `update'
Scene_Map:151:in `block in updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:149:in `each'

EnomicAtom

Developing Project Wisp
Is there anyway to remove the badge requirement? Also, are the Pokemon required to learn the HM prior to the action?

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

all the time i try to use it this error comes. only thing i modified was the terrain tag
[2024-03-13 19:50:35 +0100]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
I'm pretty sure that error only appears if a base_rockclimb sprite does not exist. Can you check your Graphics/Characters as well as your config for what the filename is?

DarrylBD99

Also, just updated the main thread as the instructions are a little... "outdated"

Babits

Novice
I'm pretty sure that error only appears if a base_rockclimb sprite does not exist. Can you check your Graphics/Characters as well as your config for what the filename is?
okey i have the grafic the only thing was in config i needed to write the extention of the file. Thank you now it works great.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
As you can see, follower pokemon doesn't follow player after using Rock Climb. Compability with Following Pokemon EX should still be taken into account.

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2024-03-14 203514.png
    屏幕截图 2024-03-14 203514.png
    7 KB · Views: 26

DarrylBD99

As you can see, follower pokemon doesn't follow player after using Rock Climb. Compability with Following Pokemon EX should still be taken into account.
First off, no offense that looks like a Following Pokemon EX problem. Because none of my code should affect the movement of pokemon outside of using the Rock Climb HM. Secondly, which version are you using?

Last edited:

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
First off, no offense that looks like a Following Pokemon EX problem. Because none of my code should affect the movement of pokemon outside of using the Rock Climb HM. Secondly, which version are you using?
Maybe the port of Following Pokemon EX I used caused that error. I tried another version of port and it's safe now.

DarrylBD99

Maybe the port of Following Pokemon EX I used caused that error. I tried another version of port and it's safe now.
Ok so, Essentials v21. First off, glad you've got ur problem solved. Secondly, I'll just say this, I did make a compatability patch for the original v20.1 port of Following Pokemon EX. But like most plugin creators with the EBDX ports, I will not make a direct compatability to an unofficial port as they tend to be more unstable.

EnomicAtom

Developing Project Wisp
After some help from the Discord, I was able to get everything working. Everything looks great, thanks for porting this plugin to v21.1.

Last edited:

Kayden21

Rookie
Hey I have this same error log that another commenter has had trouble with although I do not notice anything wrong from what the fix was. I have the base_rockclimb in the characters folder and the same name is in the config. I tried the extension thing that the commenter said fixed it but that did not work either. Everything else seems to work properly it just crashes after clicking yes to rock climb.

[2024-05-16 17:10:46 -0500]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

RoyJohnson49

Novice
I'm running into two issues with this resource.

1) Whenever I set the specific rocks to terrain tag to 17 (which is what rock climb is set to), it always resets whenever i restart debug mode.

2) I am unable to rock climb horizontally.

Any way of fixing this would be appreciated.

RoyJohnson49

Novice
Okay, so I fixed issue 1 with the terrain tag. But still not sure what to do with rock climb not working horizontally.

Here is a video for example:

DarrylBD99

Okay, so I fixed issue 1 with the terrain tag. But still not sure what to do with rock climb not working horizontally.

Here is a video for example:

Interesting....... actually, idt I've tested horizontal movement yet so thats a first

Back