• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Discussion Open-source Pokemon remake in Essentials?

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

knuxchux

Rookie
You know how when Super Mario 64 got decompiled, someone made a PC port of it that was open-source (aka mod support)? Well, what if I/we tried something like that? A very vanilla recreation of a Pokemon game (likely a gen 1/kanto game for simplicity) made in Essentials whose project files would be available for mods! That way, people could make mods for a "vanilla" pokemon game in an easier manner than ROM hacking. Just a fun idea I had.

If I were to make this, it'd be a Kanto game built off of FRLG's data, with updates from the future six generations: Fairy type, physical/special split, improved teams, new moves and TMs, later-gen evolutions available in the main game (like some gen 4 evos in HGSS)

Guardianangel93

Rookie
JohtoBlaziken's Bootleg Pokémon FireRed is what you're looking for, Aki already posted the link. Some parts of it get broken when used in V21.1, but not badly. For example, you have to delete a little bit of text in every trainer and overworld item event and the starter selection doesn't work. I just started working with Essentials and was able to fix everything up to Brock within a week or two, without prior knowledge about anything.

Moderator edit: please don't shout :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Aki
Back