• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Finding the right tileset

oyabtmkr

Rookie
Hi everybody! I'm a big fan of fangames since I discovered Pokemon Uranium, hence why I wanted to make my own. I have part of the scenario, I know where I want the action to take place and why, I'm working on 150+ fakemons/region forms BUT I have one major problem. The problem is I want my game to take place in a desert/mountain region and there aren't many tileset that look neat, that have plenty of options and are based on this environment. (I'm searching for a desert mountain 4G tileset in otherwords.) Thing is, I'm not a pixel artist, so making the tileset on my own would take hours. I don't have this much time to put in learning the skill and using it.
What should I do? Abandon the artstyle? Abandon the desert? Or do you guys have any suggestion?

Thanks for reading and thx in advance for the help!

(I will talk a bit more about my fangame concept under this thread if you're interrested.)

starter plante.pngstarter feu.pngstarter eau.png
Btw these are the concepts for my starters :

Itchiguana or Ortiguane (in French)
Calfire or Feuveaullet (in French)
Bubbird or Bullibri (in French)

oyabtmkr

Rookie
To explain a bit more for the interrested, my game takes briefly place in Kalos (NO WAY is it because I'm french???) where we impersonate Razi (if we're a boy) the grandson of migrant from a region that he never visited/heard about. Spaisu, is the name of the region and of where his journey will take place. At first he goes there to bond with his family but ends up becoming a Pokémon Trainer. There, he meets the professor Saül, who will help him in his journey to discover every inch of the region, find his roots and become the best Pokémon trainer!!! Along the way our hero might face the realities of a society based on strength, stolen wealth and "progress". I hope someday any of you could embark in this adventure filled with lore and NEW POKEMON!

Hope you liked and that it may happen someday.

Back