• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Passcodes for Pokegear

Resource Passcodes for Pokegear V1.0.0

FelicityWivi

Novice
FelicityWivi submitted a new resource:

Passcodes for Pokegear - Passcodes script for Pokegear

Have you ever wanted Passcodes/Passwords for your game to provide an extra challenge or give your community some hidden features in the game? Now you can! Updated script for V21.1 of Pokemon Essentials by Tilles111, updated by Apples (StarlightChildAltair) and turned into a Pokegear plugin by IndianAnimator & Myself.

The passcodes in this resource are from Pokemon Repudiation & were added by me for the next release of our game. They should work as a baseline for most of the...

Read more about this resource...

FelicityWivi

Novice
It's possible to give a player pokemon/items via redeem code?
Yes! So in the example passwords I added there is one for ‘MintPack’ with a switch prescribed to it. If you make an event that is dependent on that script being used then it would make the items appear when the password is entered.

If I say the switch is [70] then I could make an event with that switch turned on (Make sure you name your switches!) and put it so that pbRecieveItem is active when that password is entered - you may also be able to autorun the event but I wouldn’t recommend this for multiple passwords as I have not tested that. (Don’t forget to have a selfswitch on your event so you don’t give out infinite of the item).

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Like this?
Code:
class Passwords
    def self.Mintpack
      if $game_switches[69] == false
         $DEBUG == true
         $game_switches[69] == true
         pbReceiveItem(:MASTERBALL)
         pbMessage(_INTL("This code has been redeemed."))

Penelope

Trainer
wow, amazing plugin!
im looking forward to the 21.1 version of ur game!
and i wonder if i could use this pugin without any events, i mean just entering password in the pokegear?

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
I have testing on debug mode,
And making a event with switches event on page 2 for trigger a switch...but still give me a infinite code reedem after close pokegear...

Edit : and I getting error after put pbAddPokemon(:RATTATA, 5) below $game_switches[number]==[true]

Thank you

FelicityWivi

Novice
wow, amazing plugin!
im looking forward to the 21.1 version of ur game!
and i wonder if i could use this pugin without any events, i mean just entering password in the pokegear?
Appreciate that Penelope! I would imagine it could work that way with the scripts in essentials but it is not something I’ve personally tested

FelicityWivi

Novice
And making a event with switches event on page 2 for trigger a switch...but still give me a infinite code reedem after close pokegear...

Edit : and I getting error after put pbAddPokemon(:RATTATA, 5) below $game_switches[number]==[true]

Thank you

Thank you
Having the passwords as a switch rather than a variable or an event means that you need to have the switch being turned off. This is why I haven’t tried running the script with the switches. Can you share the error you’re getting as I can’t see what is happening

Back