• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PokéUpdater

Resource PokéUpdater 1.1.9

dpertierra

Novice
dpertierra submitted a new resource:

PokéUpdater - Game Version validator and updater

Pokémon Essentials Game Updater (PokéUpdater) is a Plugin for Pokemon Essentials in charge of checking the current game version and notifying players that a new version is available, paired with a lightweight interface developed in Python in charge of auto updating the game, with the aim to provide a seamless transition for players to newer version of the game without requiring any manual steps.
Current release supports over 20 languages for the Python interface and 8 languages for the...

Read more about this resource...

Savage7590

Novice
Hello, this looks like a great plug-in with new resource plug-ins that look amazing for v21.1. Question I have does this resource also update the games plug-ins have downloaded in the plug-in folder? Unfortunately many past contributors no longer update or support their resources. I wonder if it's possible since the game I've been working on for a long time are built around them and need them.

Last edited:

KayDiiA

whismur
Perhaps a dumb question, but I don't see it anywhere in the README, what format should the linked file be in ? zip, rar, etc ? does it matter ?

KayDiiA

whismur
1708508613122.png

Something isn't working with the updater it seems. My user account is definitely not Diego, idk if it's looking for your directory for something

EDIT: after doing research on the error it just seems like it's missing the module 'urllib3'

Last edited:

dpertierra

Novice
Perhaps a dumb question, but I don't see it anywhere in the README, what format should the linked file be in ? zip, rar, etc ? does it matter ?
Hi not a dumb question, it supports a lot of compression formats, zip, rar, 7zip, tar, etc

dpertierra

Novice
View attachment 26283
Something isn't working with the updater it seems. My user account is definitely not Diego, idk if it's looking for your directory for something

EDIT: after doing research on the error it just seems like it's missing the module 'urllib3'
I will check on this and probably release a new update soon, it is weird, this issue was solved previously

dpertierra

Novice
Hello, this looks like a great plug-in with new resource plug-ins that look amazing for v21.1. Question I have does this resource also update the games plug-ins have downloaded in the plug-in folder? Unfortunately many past contributors no longer update or support their resources. I wonder if it's possible since the game I've been working on for a long time are built around them and need them.
What the updater does is update your game, it will overwrite the game with whatever you put in the zip file that is hosted in the URL you set in the pastebin

Niara

Novice
a very good resource, but judging by the example, does this update the game obligatory? maybe it should be an option since I don't want to consume limited Mobile Data to the players without other option, as example.

dpertierra

Novice
a very good resource, but judging by the example, does this update the game obligatory? maybe it should be an option since I don't want to consume limited Mobile Data to the players without other option, as example.
Hi 2 things, the updater does not work for joiplay users, it will only notify them that there is a new release available.
Also if you only want to notify the users that the update is available but not force the update on them, in the pu_config file you can set FORCE_UPDATE = false and it will only notify the player that there is a new version available but it will not update the game

dpertierra

Novice
Hi 2 things, the updater does not work for joiplay users, it will only notify them that there is a new release available.
Also if you only want to notify the users that the update is available but not force the update on them, in the pu_config file you can set FORCE_UPDATE = false and it will only notify the player that there is a new version available but it will not update the game
Also something I forgot to mention, if you just want to notify of new releases but not update the game yo don't need the poke_updater folder with the exe file, you just need the Plugin and the pu_config and pu_locales file.

For English the pu_locales file is required, without it the default language is Spanish

dpertierra

Novice
dpertierra updated PokéUpdater with a new update entry:

Pokémon Essentials Game Updater 1.1.8

• The updater now asks the player if they want to update or not, if in pu_config the flag FORCE_UPDATE is equal to true, and the player chooses 'No' in the message that asks for update confirmation, the game will inform the user that the update is mandatory and the game will close

Release 1.1.7 was the last update for Pokemon Essentials versions older than 19, all the updates from now on will be for Pokemon Essentials 19

Read the rest of this update entry...

dpertierra

Novice
I would like to know if this plugin would work if I decide to encrypt my files? Cause I sure will do that
What do you mean by encrypt? if a user is capable of unzipping the file with no issues and without any passwords and then launch the Game.exe it should work

Ayrei

Lead developer of Pokemon Vanguard
Can I get this to work with small patches? Like have the new stuff just replace the old, and not remove old files? I would rather not upload my 1GB+ game every time a need to make bug fixes public.

Back