• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon: Kanto Complete DEMO

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
DISCLAIMER
The Following Work is a DEMO and has no promises of ever becoming a complete game
Developed on V21.1 of Pokemon Essentials
Kanto Complete Titlescreen.png
Welcome! To the World of Pokemon Once again!
This project, dubbed Kanto Complete (better name pending) is an experiment from me with early Essentials development skills and wanting to see one of my favorite regions fully realized.

A problem I have had with both of GameFreak's remakes of Kanto is neither quite feels like the definitive version of the original games. FRLG has some silly decisions like limiting Kanto Mons from evolving without the Nat. Dex, and generally being their first go at a Kanto remake. Meanwhile, Let's Go has a ton of love poured into Kanto but the need to appeal to PoGo players limited the Kanto dex to ONLY the original 151 (plus Meltan and Melmetal). These decisions only left me wondering what a Kanto remake would be like if it were reimagined akin to OrAs or HGSS had reimagined their regions! So that's what this project intends to do.

Feel free to comment on any bugs, critiques, or criticisms you have with the Demo, I'm a learning developer and trying to get input from any source possible.

I may put out a recruitment post if the Demo sees particular interest so that I can get some help! Because by god at the rate I'm going, I would release a bunch of spaghetti map-making that even slightly more experienced Essentials Devs would instantly get and squash

Current Features of the Demo Include
  • Unique Spawns combining Let's Go, HGSS Kanto, and FRLG Spawns
  • An additional rival to Blue, based on player gender
  • Modern EXP Share
  • All extended evolutions of Pokemon are available in the Demo (Example: Eevee can evolve into Sylveon)
  • Kanto Pokedex now expanded to include all evolutions and pre-evolutions added from later gens
  • Some unique elements from the Let's Go games such as Youngster Ronny on Route 1 or Bellsprout and Oddish more readily available earlier for Brock
  • All of Kanto up to Brock, I wanted to get a feel for the support for such a project (Especially with how likely there are many Kanto remakes in the works)

Screenshots:
1707615241226.png
1707878305990.png
1707878349838.png
1707615548523.png
1707615658467.png
1707880205844.png

Download
GoogleDrive
TO DO
  • Finish Mapping the Rest of Kanto
  • Add more unique Flourishes to Kanto
  • Include references to the future plot of gen 2 akin to Let's Go such as adding the Gen 2 Rocket Executives to Gen 1 Kanto
  • Change up some of the music so that there aren't sudden leaps from HGSS styled music to Let's Go Styled Music. (as mentioned by a friend, is quite jarring).
  • Potentially get a dev team for missing assets/mappers to help with events because my experience with Essentials is limited while my ambition is large

Bonus Ideas/Extended Concepts
  • Add Yellow to Viridian Forest, including her as a following partner you need to help out of the forest. This would require rebalancing the entire forest but would provide a fun Gen 4 flare to the forest while having a fun reference to the Manga
  • Revamp the current sprite set to utilize the Let's Go Designs of Gen 1 as I prefer them for this style of remake
  • Add Johto and the Sevii Islands as post-game content, featuring Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh
  • Potentially revamp the entire Kanto Dex if people would be more interested in a Kanto Remake with a New Dex rather than the original 151 plus their evolutions

Resource Credits:
[Pokemon Essentials]
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and other contributors!

[Bootleg FireRed] (Maps used and generally observed for mapping practice)
JohtoBlaziken

[Bag Screen with Interactable Party Plugin]
DiegoWT

[Enhanced Pokemon UI For V21.1 Plugin]
Lucidious89

[Flying Animation Plugin]
KleinStudio
A.I.R

[Following Pokemon EX Plugin]
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Armin (Fairies Resource Pack)
Maruno

and V21 Fan Port by NoNoNever

[Generation 8 Pack Plugin]
  • Battler Sprites:
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
  • Overworld Sprites
    • Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
  • Icon Sprites
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia, harveydentmd
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
    • Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
    • Shiny Icon Sprites - StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team
  • Cry Credits:
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
  • Script Credits:
    • Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
  • Compilation of Resources:
    • Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
[Generation 9 Pack Plugin]

Scripts:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-Eskiss (Original Legend Plate script)
-StCooler (Original PLA Expansion script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the PLA Expansion script script for v19.1 use)

PBS:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)
-Futuresushi (Shortened abilities and moves description)

Pokemon Battler Sprites:
-Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
-Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
-Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
-Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
-PLA Pokemon Sprites - Smogon Sprite Project
Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite, SelenaArmorclaw
-Gen 9 Pokemon Sprites - KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura,
JordanosArt, Abnayami, OldSoulja, Katten, Divaruta 666, Clara, Skyflyer, AshnixsLaw, ace_stryfe
-Gen 9 Vanilla style sprites - KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura, JordanosArt, Scept, NanaelJustice, SoyChim, KRLW890, AnonAlpaca, PokeJminer, Red7246, Carmanekko, Eduar, Lykeron, GriloKapu10, Mesayas, Erkey830, QDylm, PorousMist, OldSoulja, AlexandreV2.0, Z-nogyroP, lennybitao, Ruben1986, GRAFAIAIMX
Blaquaza, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Pokemon Icon Sprites:
-Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia, harveydentmd
-Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
-Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
-Shiny Icon Sprites - StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team
-PLA Pokemon Icon Sprites - LuigiTKO
-Gen 9 Icon Sprites - ezerart, JordanosArt
-PLA Vanilla Icon Sprites - LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
-Gen 9 Vanilla Icon Sprites - Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, Carmanekko, GRAFAIAIMX
also thanks to Axel Loquendo, CarmaNekko, Divaruta 666, Okyo, JLauz735, and ClaraDragon for Iconos 9na Gen gba completos

Pokemon Gen 9 Overworld sprites:
-Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
-Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
-Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
-Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
-Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
-PLA Pokemon Overworlds - Boonzeet, DarkusShadow, princess-phoenix, Ezeart, WolfPP
-Gen 9 Pokemon Overworlds - Azria, DarkusShadow, EduarPokeN, Carmanekko, StarWolff, Caruban

Pokemon Footprints :
-Gen PLA-9 Pokemon Footprints - Caruban

Pokemon Cries:
-Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
-Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
-Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
-PLA Pokemon Cries - Morningdew
-Gen 9 Pokemon Cries -
Edited from Lightblade Absol's Gen 9 Cries compilation video
Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Cries video
Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - All Teal Mask Cries video

Item sprites:
-Gen 9 item sprites - lichenprincess, Caruban, jinxed
-PLA item sprites - AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

Compilation of Resources:
-Gen 9 Pack - Caruban
-Gen 8/9 Resized Sprites - http404error
-Gen 8 Pack - Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Full Sprites Credit List:
See Full Sprites Credit List

[Improved Field Skills Plugin]
Lucidious89

[Improved Mementos Plugin]
Lucidious89

[Location Signposts Plugin]
PurpleZaffre
Golisopod User
LostSoulsDev / carmaniac
ENLS
spaceemotion
TechSkylander1518

[Modular UI Scenes Plugin]
Lucidious89

[Gen 8 Move Animation Project]
Project lead by StCooler.
Contributors: StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree.
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.

[Leaf HGSS Mugshot]
iTheRealPikachuV2 on Deviantart

[Title Blastoise Sprite]
BiueTempest on Deviantart

[Title Venusaur and Charizard Sprites]
Ripped from FRLG by Mario Gamer and YoshiCLONE on the Spiters Resource

[Unused Credits to cover bases for things unused but still deserve credit because they're in the files still]

[Overworld Yellow Trainer Sprite]
Skeizerr on Deviantart

[Yellow Backsprite]
Crappily ripped by me from Pokemon Adventures Yellow Chapter DEMO, made by karghosty21

[Johto Gen 3 Tileset made for Pokemon Essentials]
SkidMarc25

AgentKiwi09 - Current Project Head and Mapper along with only staff

Last edited:
Back