• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

What should be the reward for completing the Pokedex?

Tapwater

Water Enjoyer
As I mentioned in the title, what should the reward of completing the Pokedex be?

Would a valid reward be shiny charms, the ability to catch legendary pokemon, or no reward at all? Any other suggestions are welcome!

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Well for reference, here are the rewards in the main line games

The Diploma is the main one, but Trainer Levels/Stars/Stamps is also linked to dex completion.
Emerald let you get a free Johto starter.
BW2 gives you access to the Nature Preserve (Seeing all Unovan mons)
BW2, XY, and ORAS have the Oval Charm item (Seeing/Catching(BW2) all Regional mons) and Shiny Charm item (Catching all National dex mons) as rewards.

Tapwater

Water Enjoyer

The Diploma is the main one, but Trainer Levels/Stars/Stamps is also linked to dex completion.
BW2, XY, and ORAS have the Oval Charm item (Seeing/Catching(BW2) all Regional mons) and Shiny Charm item (Catching all National dex mons) as rewards.
Hello again, I looked into the link you said and I was able think of some ideas. Thanks for helping me!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I've always wondered how it would be if some post-game content was locked behind having the Pokedex completed. Like, if you completed it, you're recognized by <insert organization name here> as a Pokemon Master and gain access to Island X where the Battle Frontier is. I can see this being a big point of complaint from folks depending on how complicated filling out the Pokedex would be, so it makes sense that's not done often (at all?).

Personally, I like the structure of more recent Pokedexes that give you items every 10 Pokemon you fill out, so I implemented that for my own game.
1707522813265.png

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
I've always wondered how it would be if some post-game content was locked behind having the Pokedex completed. Like, if you completed it, you're recognized by <insert organization name here> as a Pokemon Master and gain access to Island X where the Battle Frontier is. I can see this being a big point of complaint from folks depending on how complicated filling out the Pokedex would be, so it makes sense that's not done often (at all?).

Personally, I like the structure of more recent Pokedexes that give you items every 10 Pokemon you fill out, so I implemented that for my own game.
Any chance you could share how to implement this or as a plugin? :)

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Any chance you could share how to implement this or as a plugin? :)
It was cobbled together and I don't think it was super simple to add. I did think about it back when I added it, but there must have been something that was getting in the way of it being an easy to implement plugin. I'll revisit it and see if it's something I could easily do!

anniesteuber

Rookie

BW2, XY, and ORAS have the Oval Charm item (Seeing/Catching(BW2) all Regional mons) and Shiny Charm item (Catching all National dex mons) as rewards. Hello Neighbor
Thanks for helping!

Back