• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Touhoumon: Ascension

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
One day in end of 2023 I decided to replay Touhoumon: Another World
It's a good FireRed rom hack with one of its premise being a game with physical/special split
It was a lie
So I whipped out this fangame out of necessity to make Touhoumon with actual Physical/Special split and quality of life that Another World deserve
This is my first fangame ever whipped out in Pokemon Essentials for 8 days and this is a good start to learning basics of Pokemon Essentials

TOUHOUMON: ASCENSION
The game is located in whole new region named Ventri, a region entirely razed by Boneka's swarm.
You are the survivor who have to survive with the last Pokemon and army of Boneka you gathered along the way.
Explore different places with post-apocalypse theme, survive from vicious Boneka and evildoer, and challenge the eight prominent survivors along the way to prove your worthiness.
Can you prove yourself to be The Virtuous One?

Feature:
- Almost all Touhou's Boneka from EoSD to MoF (with exception of Lily White and Lily Black), Three Fairies of Light, Kana Anaberal, Parsee Mizuhashi, and VIVIT (i'm too tired to add whole cast of Boneka on it, beside the original link for sprite is dead so the only way I got sprite is by ripping it myself)
You can see the cast in this video: All of the Boneka with its Dex Entry
- Vanilla type matchup
There's a difference of type matchup in Another World and vanilla Pokemon
The notorious example is Bug type is normally affected by Fire type in Another World instead become super effective
This allows casual player to more familiar with type matchup
- Redesigning some of Boneka
Eirin is now Poison/Fairy, Suika is now pure Fighting with massive HP and Attack with slowest speed
  • Actual Physical/Special split
  • New moves and renamed abilities to enhance Boneka's power
Pokemon Essentials allowing Boneka to have more varied abilities and moves!
Reimu now have Youkai Buster (Scrappy) to allow it hit Ghost type!
- Balancing some moves to allow it more usable
Shadow Claw now having 80BP, Icicle Crash now having 100% accuracy, Zen Headbutt is converted to Psycho Crush with 100% accuracy
The coverage move is also more accessible through TM
  • Every final form Boneka have 525+ base stats so you can pick whoever Boneka you want without worrying about some of them underwhelmed in battle
  • Last Word Form is now accessible through Moon Stone instead of Last Tag special encounter / trading

Known issue: game crashes when you open the area of boneka in pokedex because i don't know how to edit region in pokemon essentials

Download the game here

pokemon: game freak, the pokemon company, nintendo

pokemon essentials: maruno, flameguru, poccil
with help of people listed below:
AvatarMonkeyKirby | Marin | Boushy | MiDas Mike
Brother1440 | Near Fantastica | FL | PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami | Popper | Golisopod User | Rataime
help-14 | Savordez | IceGod64 | SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock | the__end | KitsuneKouta | Venom12
Lisa Anthony | Wachunga | Luka S.J.
mkxp-z: rosa
mkxp: ancurio et al

rpgmaker xp: enterbrain

touhoumon another world: Aichiya Sanae
touhoumon: へもぐろびん and HemoglobinA1C

sprite of boneka: HemoglobinA1C
sprite of corviknight line and coalossal line: smogon spriters team

musics taken from various source
Satori Maiden, Wind God Girl, Septette for the Dead Princess: ZUN, arranged by HemoglobinA1C using sample of FireRed/LeafGreen OST that composed by Junichi Masuda
Ancient Egypt: Laura Shigihara, MIDI created by Cherry's Timezone Radio 2
Scarlet Forest: Toby Fox (the OST is banger)
My Castle Town: Toby Fox, MIDI taken from HamieNet
Big SHOT: Toby Fox, MIDI taken from VGMusic
Shiny Smily Story: Cover Corp., MIDI created by カロリ
Schubert Serenade: MIDI taken from midis101.com
Complete Darkness: ZUN, arranged by Kuronekolounge
Gym Leader theme is Boss Battle from Cyborg Kuro-chan, arranged by team in KONAMI
Elsewhere is Pokemon Essentials sample OST that is derived from HeartGold/SoulSilver OST, composed by Junichi Masuda

Boneka cries taken from various meme sound effects in MyInstants

shout out for Eiichiro Oda for creating ONE PIECE that inspired Eternal Prison (Impel Down) and Magellan

Attachments

• abcd.png
    abcd.png
    162 KB · Views: 72
  • another one.png
    another one.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image (1).png
    image (1).png
    86.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image (2).png
    image (2).png