• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ENLS's Fancy Camera

Resource ENLS's Fancy Camera 1.0

ENLS submitted a new resource:

ENLS's Fancy Camera - More control of how the camera moves in-game

ENLS's Fancy Camera​

Makes the default camera more smooth and gives you more control over how it moves.

View attachment 23963

Overview:​

This plugin changes how the in-game camera works and allows you to do more with it. Normally the camera is completely stuck to the player at all times (except for when Scroll Map is used), and there's no real way to get...

Read more about this resource...

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
After seeing this used in Space Trainers, I asked if I could also use it, and it's currently in Pokemon Tengai! So I can say that this camera is amazing!

Drqiu

Novice
I tried this plugin in v20.1 and it works great. Thanks a lot!

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
This is very cool! As you're doing some work with the camera I have a question: Do you think it's possible to zoom out the camera? I saw a plugin where it's possible to zoom-in - but not zoom-out.

Would be nice to have a zoom-out to show more of the map in certain scenes.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
I getting weird with following pokemon plugin after using a fancy camera plugin.
If player use a running, overworld from pokemon following getting lagging..

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
I absolutely love the way Camera runs in Space Trainers!
A small suggestion is to add a switch for players to switch between Fancy Camera/Traditional Camera, as this may cause a small number of players to feel dizzy.

Smudget

Rookie
I absolutely love the way Camera runs in Space Trainers!
A small suggestion is to add a switch for players to switch between Fancy Camera/Traditional Camera, as this may cause a small number of players to feel dizzy.
I very much agree. The smooth camera easing works great when an event calls it, but it feels disorientated when you move freely. Plus it has an added side effect of followers from Following Pokemon EX to lag a bit when walking behind the player.

Otherwise, this is a phenomenal plugin that will be a huge game-changer for cutscenes.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Going to tag along with the opinions above. In a cutscene, the smooth camera is great. Running around freely, it's definitely disorienting.

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
I very much agree. The smooth camera easing works great when an event calls it, but it feels disorientated when you move freely. Plus it has an added side effect of followers from Following Pokemon EX to lag a bit when walking behind the player.

Otherwise, this is a phenomenal plugin that will be a huge game-changer for cutscenes.
The lag of following pokemon may be caused by the Override of "def transfer_player", you can just combine them.
And I found it is not difficult to switch between Fancy Camera/Traditional Camera, just set camera_speed to 0.8 when you want to switch off it.

Smudget

Rookie
The lag of following pokemon may be caused by the Override of "def transfer_player", you can just combine them.
And I found it is not difficult to switch between Fancy Camera/Traditional Camera, just set camera_speed to 0.8 when you want to switch off it.
Well I'll be damned. Thanks!

Though I will say, I don't know what you mean by combining the override. Also, I must be doing it wrong, because I've set it to 0.8 and it isn't working, though I'm likely in the wrong spot.

Last edited:

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
Well I'll be damned. Thanks!

Though I will say, I don't know what you mean by combining the override. Also, I must be doing it wrong, because I've set it to 0.8 and it isn't working, though I'm likely in the wrong spot.

Ruby:
  def camera_speed
    return 0.8 if $PokemonSystem.cameramode == 1 #or other switch you defined ,0.8 could be any number bigger
    return (@camera_speed || FancyCamera::DEFAULT_SPEED || 1) * 0.16
  end
This is what I do.
As for Following Pokemon EX, since I haven't tried out that, I cannot guarantee that it‘s the reason for lagging. But both of them have modified the "def transfer_player", which will inevitably cause some problems and require adjusting the plugin order or rearranging the scripts.

Last edited:

Smudget

Rookie
return 0.8 if $PokemonSystem.cameramode == 1 #or other switch you defined ,0.8 could be any number bigger
return (@camera_speed || FancyCamera::DEFAULT_SPEED || 1) * 0.16
end[/CODE]
This is what I do.
As for Following Pokemon EX, since I haven't tried out that, I cannot guarantee that it‘s the reason for lagging. But both of them have modified the "def transfer_player", which will inevitably cause some problems and require adjusting the plugin order or rearranging the scripts.
I'm really sorry about this but I've never defined a switch before. Where would I define cameramode?

PFG (Frankly)

Moderated dev Essentials tinker
This is very cool! As you're doing some work with the camera I have a question: Do you think it's possible to zoom out the camera? I saw a plugin where it's possible to zoom-in - but not zoom-out.

Would be nice to have a zoom-out to show more of the map in certain scenes.
yah i was thinking on that, that be a great addition

Back