• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

UI Box Search Functionality

This thread's author wants feedback on a user interface. Be constructive.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I've been playing around with adding Search functionality to boxes, and along with it, a Jump to Box look at more closely resembles Scarlet and Violet. I'd love to hear any feedback on the overall look and feel of the Search functionality or Box List view.

A key thing I'm likely going to change is the lack of consistency between the single box view and the Search/Box List view. I may edit the single box view to be a bit closer to the other views?

Video Demo

I got some feedback from a friend, so I've changed the Shiny search icon to actually be one that uses my games Shiny symbol. I now also show the mark values instead of a checkmark.
1704344105951.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
As someone who often tries to complete the pokedex in every possible game, a search function in the Box is very useful, especially when the game captivates me to the point of grinding to get good Natures and EVs.
I'd even comment on searching for IV/EV but I think that would be too much work for you, or maybe search by category like Normals, Pseudo, Legendaries and Mythics

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
As someone who often tries to complete the pokedex in every possible game, a search function in the Box is very useful, especially when the game captivates me to the point of grinding to get good Natures and EVs.
I'd even comment on searching for IV/EV but I think that would be too much work for you, or maybe search by category like Normals, Pseudo, Legendaries and Mythics
I don't think any of those would be difficult. IV/EV is easy as checking an integer that's already set. Normals/Pseudo/Legendary/Mythics would likely be done by having the developer create custom lists that say what counts as a Pseudo/Legendary/Mythic for their game, or have a Base Stat Total search instead.

However.. the problem is space as I don't really have much more space to add criteria on the screen.. I know people use Marks to denote things like IV's and EVs, so that may cover that part at least

Back