• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Overworld Weather Enhancements 2.0

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
DerxwnaKapsyla submitted a new resource:

Overworld Weather Enhancements - Rain should make sounds! Thunder should make noise!! Let's channel Darude during the Sandstorm!!!

This is a rerelease of my old script tutorial for Weather Sound Effects. It was pointed out to me that I hadn't posted updates to it here since 17.1. So, I took the initiative to update it to v21.1 and also make it a plugin (with some enhancements made by @http404error). Installation is easy, just open the .rar file and drop both folders into your root directory.

Read more about this resource...

Blazachicken

Rookie
Im having trouble with the plugin. for the most part everything works fine, except when i try to use the storm weather it crashes my game with this
Screenshot 2023-12-10 051958.png

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
That would be my bad! I uploaded the v20 and backwards version of the script. I've recompiled the plugin, including the v21.1 version, as well as the v20 and backwards version in a separate folder.

PFG (Frankly)

Moderated dev Essentials tinker
when you load into the game when the map is already raining(used this as a example since it may be for others that the weather i was at). it doesn't load in the sounds. only when you change maps it does load in the sounds

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
when you load into the game when the map is already raining(used this as a example since it may be for others that the weather i was at). it doesn't load in the sounds. only when you change maps it does load in the sounds
A possible solution without editing the code: have the game start in another map (maybe one like default essentials starts at, that is completely black) and transport the player to the other map. Haven't tested but since the map with the rain isn't the one that is loaded first, it may work. You could also use the start map to configure anything that needs to be configured before the game starts, like the player character. That method will also help with my weather plugin, that initializes when the player changes maps for the first time (that includes being teleported to another map).

nanbanjin

Rookie
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1] [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7] Exception: ArgumentError Message: comparison of Symbol with :credits failed Backtrace: 008:PluginManager:182:in `sort' 008:PluginManager:182:in `register' 008:PluginManager:687:in `block in runPlugins' 008:PluginManager:683:in `each' 008:PluginManager:683:in `runPlugins' 373:Main:27:in `mainFunctionDebug' 373:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction' 014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode' 373:Main:18:in `mainFunction' 373:Main:44:in `block in <main>'

I get this error with my old verion 19.1... ?
But hotfixes has never bring me any issue before this plugin.

LinKazamine

Champion
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1] [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7] Exception: ArgumentError Message: comparison of Symbol with :credits failed Backtrace: 008:PluginManager:182:in `sort' 008:PluginManager:182:in `register' 008:PluginManager:687:in `block in runPlugins' 008:PluginManager:683:in `each' 008:PluginManager:683:in `runPlugins' 373:Main:27:in `mainFunctionDebug' 373:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction' 014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode' 373:Main:18:in `mainFunction' 373:Main:44:in `block in <main>'

I get this error with my old verion 19.1... ?
But hotfixes has never bring me any issue before this plugin.
What version of pokemon Essentials does your copy of the plugin say it works with? Since this plugin comes with multiple versions for different pokemon Essentials, it could happen to put the wrong one.

Edit: I was looking at the overview to see which versions of pokemon Essentials this plugin was available at, but could only see v21.1. My bad.

nanbanjin

Rookie
What version of pokemon Essentials does your copy of the plugin say it works with? Since this plugin comes with multiple versions for different pokemon Essentials, it could happen to put the wrong one.

Edit: I was looking at the overview to see which versions of pokemon Essentials this plugin was available at, but could only see v21.1. My bad.
:'( I put the old plugin on My 19.1...

Back