• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recent compatibilities with Joiplay Android emulator

MakerBlack

Trainer
Hello, this is my first feature and I want to share with you progress that we have made with the Joiplay team. They are attentive to our requests and as a result, Pokémon Essentials has had its compatibility greatly improved over the last year.

The emulator needs to port several methods and also libraries that already exist in mkxp by default, but which start to work on Android.
This is the link to mkxp features.

Now in topics, let's look at the methods they managed to make compatible this past year.

• Compatibility for 32 Bit devices.
  • Added System.reload_cache, System.mount, System.unmount methods from mkxp-z.
You can now mount files.
  • Added HTTPLite module from mkxp-z. Also added HTTPLite.download as an extra. HTTPLite.download method downloads a file to a given path. Usage: HTTP.download(url, filepath, progresscallbackmethodname, headers) Callback method must accept two fixnums (progress, total).
It's great to be able to make connections, but socket will be released in the next official version, so it can be used too.
  • Added MKXP.enable_fastforward(isEnabled) method to enable/disable fast forwarding in runtime.
  • Added MKXP.open_folder(path) method. It can be used to open folders with a supported file manager. If there isn't any supported file manager available, method returns false. path parameter must be an absolute path that starts with /, which is root of game folder.

Essential for opening the project folder in search of locating the player's Save, for example.

Of course, these are just a few methods, sure there may be some more relevant for you, but the main one and considered best for me is the improvement in performance.
I would venture to say that from the beginning of 2023 until November of this year, performance jumped from 30% to 75%. Not to mention the improvement that Essentials v21 brought in performance, I don't know if this has yet been ported to Android, but if not, it will certainly be implemented in a short time.

You can follow more news at:

Back