• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Looking for New Berry Enhancement Ideas

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I've been working on my Berry Planting Improvements and Berry Core and Dex plugins for a while now. I've done features that existed in many of the mainline games as well as ones I've come up with myself.

At this point, I've started running out of ideas. There are a lot of features in my plugins already so maybe they are solid enough, but I'm always looking for new and interesting things to add.

I'm starting this thread to see if anyone can come up with interesting enhancement ideas that would be cool to add!

Muffyang

Novice
Haven't used either yet but going by the screenshots on Berry Core and Dex, there's a lot of empty space. Listing the berry's effects when eaten, used with Fling or Natural Gift, could be useful.
"The general list of the Berrydex will include showing how many total Berries the player has gathered" Would that include berries from shops, NPCs, Pickup/Thief/catching wilds or only from berry plants?

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Haven't used either yet but going by the screenshots on Berry Core and Dex, there's a lot of empty space. Listing the berry's effects when eaten, used with Fling or Natural Gift, could be useful.
"The general list of the Berrydex will include showing how many total Berries the player has gathered" Would that include berries from shops, NPCs, Pickup/Thief/catching wilds or only from berry plants?
For white space, if you're talking about the Plant page when the Preferred info isn't visible, then I agree. Other than that, adding much more to any of the existing pages would lead to being overcrowded instead of looking clean. I like the idea of showing that other info, I'd just have to do it in an additional page.

The gathered berries stat comes from picking only, not getting it from other means. I could add in an option for the dev to allow those to count as well.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Well, I suppose there's Amaze Mulch, but that's not really much of a new idea. Ah whoops I just saw it in the scripts, but it's not in the thread, my bad.
Perhaps the dex can show the colour of the berry? That is a relevant factor to the composter after all.
I should update my Juice Shoppe script too...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Well, I suppose there's Amaze Mulch, but that's not really much of a new idea. Ah whoops I just saw it in the scripts, but it's not in the thread, my bad.
Perhaps the dex can show the colour of the berry? That is a relevant factor to the composter after all.
I don't think I actually added in Amaze mulch properly, it's just in the settings. I'll double check though (and see if there was a reason I didn't add it)

The berry color is something I really should have added to begin with -_-

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Since you're planning to add a wailmer pail/watering thing and this plugin is very farming game friendly, why not make the water inside limited? With a water source event/script like a well or a river to refill it

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Since you're planning to add a wailmer pail/watering thing and this plugin is very farming game friendly, why not make the water inside limited? With a water source event/script like a well or a river to refill it
A Pokemon Farming Sim: Bountiful Berries

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
In the latest update, added a Battle page to the Berrydex. This shows off Fling damage, Natural Gift type and damage, and the effect in battle when eaten (by default it uses the item description, but can be overridden)
I've added Amaze Mulch properly now, as well as the option to show the color of the berry on the Tag page.

Updating your Juice Shoppe script would be fun, I'd love to see other plugins use the groundwork I laid for berry data!
Added several changes to the watering cans, including the ability to choose one to use if you own multiple and having the option to limit water levels (and an event example to refill them)

Muffyang

Novice
Doesn't Fling-ing a berry also proc its effect? e.g. Sitrus to an ally would heal them, and the screenshot preview doesn't appear to have room for that under Fling. Pluck/BugBite also aren't mentioned, but I don't think they had any specific unique interactions.
Given that it's specifically a Dex, it should mention health threshold and self-confusion natures for the Aguav used as a preview screenshot.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Doesn't Fling-ing a berry also proc its effect? e.g. Sitrus to an ally would heal them, and the screenshot preview doesn't appear to have room for that under Fling. Pluck/BugBite also aren't mentioned, but I don't think they had any specific unique interactions.
Given that it's specifically a Dex, it should mention health threshold and self-confusion natures for the Aguav used as a preview screenshot.
Yeah, Fling will always activate a berry's effect when flung at another Pokemon, but some other items also activate. It's just more of an effect of Fling that doesn't change between berries, so I don't see a reason to put it on the dex since 1) it's a move effect, not specific to the berries and 2) it doesn't differ from the battle effect already shown/there's nothing to really to say otherwise

That said, you can always overwrite what description says by adding the BattleDescription line in berry_data, so you could manually tweak the wording for the berry. For instance, you could remove the phrase "When held by a Pokemon" so it's more generic. I thought about doing this by default in berry_data as part of the plugin release, but didn't (I may still since this point makes it seem worth generalizing the description a bit).

As for the healing threshold/causing confusion, based on what I remember seeing in the code, as it currently stands, there is no good way to show discrete information regarding this. It's in the item description, so that's the closest we can really get to showing it.

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Popping a star piece & mega evolving before catching the rare Pokémon is already like using these berries. And you’re proposing they stack on top of these bonuses, which might be too generous for Niantic to want to implement. They want to sell premium items like star pieces in the shop.
?

I think you've replied to the wrong thread

Aaaaand deleted!

Back