• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v13+] Show Species Introduction

Resource [v13+] Show Species Introduction 1.1

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
-FL- submitted a new resource:

[v13+] Show Species Introduction - Shows species picture with a message and cry. Good for starter selection.

screen.png

Shows a picture with the pokémon species in a border together with a message containing the name and kind, play it's cry and mark it as seen in pokédex. Good to make the starter selection event.

Tested on Essentials v13 and v21.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Read more about this resource...

Flaaffic

Rookie
Hi there! I've been tooling around with this plugin and I was wondering if you could help with an issue I've run into. when attaching a custom message to the species window, I keep getting the Pokemon's name in addition to my message and they overlap. How can I remedy this?
Screenshot 2023-12-30 155746.png

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Hi there! I've been tooling around with this plugin and I was wondering if you could help with an issue I've run into. when attaching a custom message to the species window, I keep getting the Pokemon's name in addition to my message and they overlap. How can I remedy this?View attachment 23634
FL can probably speak to it more, but taking a look it's because the message will always start with the Pokemon's name no matter what. Based on what I see, you would add the following to the plugin make this work the way you want:

1) Find the line attr_accessor :message_complement. After that line, add:
  • attr_accessor :message_override
2) Find the linedef text_message. After that line and before the line ret = name, add:
  • return @message_override if @message_override

After adding those lines to the plugin, when you are setting up the command in your event, instead of using "message_complement" to add your custom message, use "message_override. For example, for your Snivy, you could use the following:
Ruby:
si = SpeciesIntro.new(:SNIVY)
si.message_override = "Will it be Snivy, the Grass Snake Pokémon?"
si.show

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Hi there! I've been tooling around with this plugin and I was wondering if you could help with an issue I've run into. when attaching a custom message to the species window, I keep getting the Pokemon's name in addition to my message and they overlap. How can I remedy this?View attachment 23634
I didn't think that people will use this script this way. I probably gonna change message_complement to a message_override, like wrigty12 said. Meantime, you can use his approach.

BlueJadeStorm

Rookie
Could someone help me? I added this in, but no matter how many times I force the game to recompile it never recognizes it. I tried to add a event with this script in game just in case it just wasn't showing, but it crashed the game and generated an error message. I know it says something about converting it to a plugin in the instructions but I don't see any difference between it and the other plugins I'm using so I don't know what I have to do.

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Could someone help me? I added this in, but no matter how many times I force the game to recompile it never recognizes it. I tried to add a event with this script in game just in case it just wasn't showing, but it crashed the game and generated an error message. I know it says something about converting it to a plugin in the instructions but I don't see any difference between it and the other plugins I'm using so I don't know what I have to do.
You probably didn't converted it into a plugin correctly. Here, a guide about how to do this. Or you can just paste it into a script section above main.

Back