• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Trade With Friends V1.0

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
drdoom76 submitted a new resource:

Trade With Friends - Trade with friends. Even between games. V20.1, V21.1

How to Use:

To initiate a trade in your game, simply call the pbTradeWithFriends method. This will open a menu with several options:

• Trading: This option lets you select a Pokémon to trade. The chosen Pokémon is stored in a variable for later use, and its data is encrypted and saved in a file in the game's "trade" folder. The Pokémon you selected is removed from your party. You then give this file to a friend for the trade. Only one trade is allowed at a...

Read more about this resource...

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
This is a really good workaround for trading with others
Thank you. There are still a couple flaws I'd like to work out but I tried to plan for everything when it came to trading with files and what someone could possibly do with it. If I missed anything, please let me know.
Also, any issues please let me know. I tested trading between different games between v20 and v21 without issues but that doesn't mean they might not exist. It was recommended adding some kind of trainer verification, either a password or matching the trainer id before allowing the trade so I might add that option later, as well as adding compatibility with my trading charm for those who want it.(because it wouldn't much make sense for me to make a trading plugin without compatibility with a trading charm) I'm going to rework parts of the code while I'm adding these changes and make it a little prettier. This release I tried to focus on maximum readability so people could have an easier time following along with what was happening, thus the numerous small methods instead of 3 big ones.

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Wow, it's a very neat idea. Offline trading. Though in a world which currently went offline, I reckon for people in small, closed by communities this would be perfect. Imagine all of the kids in your neighborhood playing your fangame and offline trading with each other?

ConfuzzledCottonee

Novice
Could you just clarify exactly how this is used in-game? Perhaps with a screenshot of an example event, please? I think I'm missing something when I try to implement it since I'm getting thrown crashes when I try to call the method.

Exception `NameError' at (eval):1 - undefined local variable or method `pbTradeWithFriends' for #<Interpreter @event_id: 11>
Exception `EventScriptError' at 033:Interpreter:177 - EventScriptError

Back