• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

how do i start making a fangame? what engine do i use?

CHIPKID

silly??
hi guys!!! im really really new here (joined a few minutes ago lol) and im just wondering how exactly i make a fangame? i want to make a whole thing but its like... kinda complicated to understand things sometimes ig lol
tysm :D

• Love
Reactions: Aki

PidoveTrainerStoot

Rookie
Question pertaining to this: how relevant are Thundaga's older tutorial videos?
His videos are actually what brought me here, but I've noticed that the newer tutorial series seems incomplete - at least relative to the previous one.
Hope this is the right place to post this lol.

Eaglit

Novice
I've been wondering that too is his old series completely outdated or can I still use it

Question pertaining to this: how relevant are Thundaga's older tutorial videos?

I've been wondering that too is his old series completely outdated or can I still use it

I think they're still the best you're gonna find. There may be some specific instances where a script might have changed (so, anything actually being typed) slightly, since the video came out. But overall, the basics are still really valuable and especially if you follow along and develop+test while watching, you'll pick up the skills and find exactly where the bumps are.

The tutorials aren't even very out of date; I haven't watched in awhile so played that first one Cat posted and it was clearly recorded only last year! That's more accurate than I was initially giving credit for as I wrote this comment.

Scyl

Ironically Unironic Edgelord Extraordinaire
Naturally, some stuff will be outdated; however, a lot of the basic fundamentals and theory still apply and will most likely continue to apply in further Essentials updates.

It'd certainly help to give them a glance whenever you need the information.

safr

Elite Trainer
hi guys!!! im really really new here (joined a few minutes ago lol) and im just wondering how exactly i make a fangame? i want to make a whole thing but its like... kinda complicated to understand things sometimes ig lol
tysm :D
one important thing is dont give up because on you stop making progress designing in rpg maker the game will never finish, its not important how many sketch of pokemon or new character you made if you never try using rpg maker then it will never become reality so dont give up that the first think, speaking from experience i give up andall file lost

Back