• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Berry Core and Dex

Resource Berry Core and Dex 1.5.1

Tearsforlu

Rookie
whew. That's a good sign it works well with v21 though
Update on how it is working on v21, so far it looks like the only issue pertaining to v21 is that the graphics aren't working correctly, the uparrow and downarrow has been moved to the graphics/ui folder and are now called up_arrow and down_arrow, and to fix this I simply just changed the path in the 004_BerryDexUI file.
The rest of the graphics are giving me this error:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
I have no idea what this means but I googled it and someone suggested using tinypng to compress the images. I tried it and the error disappeared, but my berrydex page still looks like this, without any errors in the console:
c673832d5bca96e9d29565a595574be0.png

allthough if I click the berry everything looks like its supposed to
f7c4ed741d399ae1510787c67c329a54.png

I also recieve this warning when I load in the test game, although I dont know enough about these things to know if its causing the black screen thing:
WARNING: Usage of deprecated method "rgbToColor" or its alias.
The method is slated to be removed in Essentials v22.
Use "Color.new_from_rgb(param)" instead.

I'll tinker around a bit more with it, but I thought I would let you know how it's working on v21, I think I'll be able to make it work for me if I just find the right adjustments.
This is a really neat script and perfect for me since I want a lot of collecting features in my game, so thanks for making it!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Update on how it is working on v21, so far it looks like the only issue pertaining to v21 is that the graphics aren't working correctly, the uparrow and downarrow has been moved to the graphics/ui folder and are now called up_arrow and down_arrow, and to fix this I simply just changed the path in the 004_BerryDexUI file.
The rest of the graphics are giving me this error:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
I have no idea what this means but I googled it and someone suggested using tinypng to compress the images. I tried it and the error disappeared, but my berrydex page still looks like this, without any errors in the console:
c673832d5bca96e9d29565a595574be0.png

allthough if I click the berry everything looks like its supposed to
f7c4ed741d399ae1510787c67c329a54.png

I also recieve this warning when I load in the test game, although I dont know enough about these things to know if its causing the black screen thing:
WARNING: Usage of deprecated method "rgbToColor" or its alias.
The method is slated to be removed in Essentials v22.
Use "Color.new_from_rgb(param)" instead.

I'll tinker around a bit more with it, but I thought I would let you know how it's working on v21, I think I'll be able to make it work for me if I just find the right adjustments.
This is a really neat script and perfect for me since I want a lot of collecting features in my game, so thanks for making it!
Yeah, one of the things I know I'll have to change when moving towards marking the plugin as v21 compatible is the graphics references due to the change with the version. Not sure why the dex list background doesn't appear for you though..

ibpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile is a common occurrence, I always forget to index the images I create so a lot of my images will say that. The error is benign as far as I'm aware, though, so I may not fix those unless I remember to.

Good to know about the retiring rgbToColor command. I'll have to make sure to go through and change those.

Tearsforlu

Rookie
Yeah, one of the things I know I'll have to change when moving towards marking the plugin as v21 compatible is the graphics references due to the change with the version. Not sure why the dex list background doesn't appear for you though..

ibpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile is a common occurrence, I always forget to index the images I create so a lot of my images will say that. The error is benign as far as I'm aware, though, so I may not fix those unless I remember to.

Good to know about the retiring rgbToColor command. I'll have to make sure to go through and change those.
I have since tried a few different things to get the background to work, and it seems I can't get it to not be a black void, though otherwise its working perfectly. I tried using a different image, a whole new image, changing the path, but it still shows up as black 🤷‍♀️ But I'll keep trying, I'm sure I'll figure it out 😊

It's good to know the warning is benign, I thought at first it was causing the black screen, but it obviously wasn't since even after the error was "resolved" it was still black. If I find a solution I'll be sure to post it in the thread in case others have the same issue.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Berry Core and Dex with a new update entry:

Update 1.3 - A couple minor changes

Change Log
  • Added a new setting BERRYDEX_SHOW_ENTIRE_LIST. Setting this to true will show the entire list of potential berries from the start, instead of only showing up through a berry that is registered. For instance, if you have 60 berries defined in the dex, but you only have berry #2 registered, instead of showing #1 as unregistered and #2 as registered, it would show all 60 in the list, with unregistered berries still appearing unregistered.
    • Note/QoL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Drqiu

Novice
Hello! I get this error when I try to access the info screen for the berries. Do you know how to fix it please? Thanks!
QQ截图20231124203053.jpg

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Hello! I get this error when I try to access the info screen for the berries. Do you know how to fix it please? Thanks!
View attachment 22835
Since I'm away from my computer for a couple days, I won't be able to look at this for a bit. At first glance, it seems like an overlay sprite is t getting initialized before drawpage is being called or something, which should never happen (and I've never run into the issue myself in all my testing). I'll check it out in a couple days

Drqiu

Novice
Since I'm away from my computer for a couple days, I won't be able to look at this for a bit. At first glance, it seems like an overlay sprite is t getting initialized before drawpage is being called or something, which should never happen (and I've never run into the issue myself in all my testing). I'll check it out in a couple days
thank you for replying!

Drqiu

Novice
Hello! I didn't install the Berry Planting Improvements plugin before and I found that part of the pbHideMutationsIcons code causes this error to occur. After installing the Berry Planting Improvements plugin the problem does not occur. Anyway thank you very much!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Hello! I didn't install the Berry Planting Improvements plugin before and I found that part of the pbHideMutationsIcons code causes this error to occur. After installing the Berry Planting Improvements plugin the problem does not occur. Anyway thank you very much!
After looking at my code, turns out I did run into this crash and I already had a fix in place to be released in the next update!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 1.4 - Battle Page and bug fixes

Change Log
  • ⭐New feature: Berrydex Battle page. This page will show information pertaining to battles, like the Fling power, Natural Gift type and Power, and effect when used in battle. By default, the item description for the berry will show as the "effect when used in battle" portion. However, not all descriptions would fit this. You can customize what description to show here by including a BattleDescription for the berry in the berry_data.txt to show...

CoderFreddy

Novice
I get this error whenever I try to open the Berrydex (Yes I am aware that the plugin isn't made to be compatible with v21.1)
errorthingy.png

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I get this error whenever I try to open the Berrydex (Yes I am aware that the plugin isn't made to be compatible with v21.1)
View attachment 23524
Not exactly sure why it's happening for you. I thought maybe it's something with the v21 stuff, but I can't find anything on the surface. I'll have to see once I get around to making it work with v21 for sure.

In the meantime, in 004_BerryDexUI, you can change @uparrow.visible = false and @downarrow.visible = false (lines 71 and 72) to @uparrow&.visible = false and @downarrow&.visible = false

Last edited:

Zizzle

Novice
Not exactly sure why it's happening for you. I thought maybe it's something with the v21 stuff, but I can't find anything on the surface. I'll have to see once I get around to making it work with v21 for sure.

In the meantime, in 004_BerryDexUI, you can change @uparrow.visible = false and @downarrow.visible = false (lines 71 and 72) to @uparrow&.visible = false and @downarrow&.visible = false
any update on progress towards a v21 version?

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
any update on progress towards a v21 version?
After taking a break during the holidays, I've started it. The changes to the data compiling will take some time for me to relearn the system, so I may release an interim version that at least covers some of the easier-to-fix issues.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Update 1.5 - v21...?, pbChooseBerryMultiple updates

With this update, I think I can say it is v21 compatible (at least partially). I did some basic testing, nothing too thorough though. I've likely missed something, so just let me know of anything that seems wrong and I'll tackle it!

Change Log
  • ⭐New feature: Added function pbBerryGetNaturalGift to check a Berry's Natural Gift data directly.
  • ⭐New feature: Added a paramter to pbChooseBerryMultiple to allow showing different labels when selecting...

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
In v21.1 this happens when I try to open the menu.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tdw_berry_dep_suppress' for Deprecation:Module

Backtrace:
[TDW Berry Core and Dex] 001_BerryData.rb:317:in `warn_method'
FileTests:85:in `safeExists?'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:275:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:122:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:207:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:178:in `update'
Scene_Map:238:in `block in main'