• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Custom Field Effects(deprecated) v1.0.6

Penelope

Trainer
Penelope submitted a new resource:

Custom Field Effects (Definitely my love!) - Do you want some fields that have effects? Easily add field effects to your game!

Have you ever wanted to have Field Effects in your game?
For me, that's my love, definitely!

#===========================================
What are Field Effects?
If you have played Gen 6 or Gen 7, then you probably know about Terrains (Electric Terrain, Psychic Terrain ...)
Field Effects, are in a way, the exact same thing, but they are present from the very start of the battle, and are map based.
Because of this, it can be used to make fights more interesting, and based on what kind...

Read more about this resource...

Sonicover

Trainer
In the video the fields were changing like crazy at the end of some turns, is it because of an ability or that happens when 2 pokemon with setting abilities happen to be at the same time on the field? Regardless, good script! Fields change things in a lot of places so trying to summarize everything in one plugin is hard.
Btw, I saw you mentionend adding reborn's fields as a pre-install, any plans on adding something like a pokegear app to showcase what each field does? Kinda like how reborn handles the different fields?

Penelope

Trainer
In the video the fields were changing like crazy at the end of some turns, is it because of an ability or that happens when 2 pokemon with setting abilities happen to be at the same time on the field? Regardless, good script! Fields change things in a lot of places so trying to summarize everything in one plugin is hard.
Btw, I saw you mentionend adding reborn's fields as a pre-install, any plans on adding something like a pokegear app to showcase what each field does? Kinda like how reborn handles the different fields?
Let me check... (coz i even dont remember what i did)
In the video, just default field is psychic, then pikachus ability is electric surge(2 turn), then chanseys ability is misty surge(2 turn), then when using thunder wave in misty field, field will change to psychic, finally when using quick attack in electric field, field will change to grassy field.
just a crazy showcase, forget about it.

And, i dont have a desire to adding something like a pokegear app to show what each field does, just read the fieldnote in plugin (or game).
Im lazy...

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
So first i have to say thank you guys for making this... anyways im trying to make seeds like in Reborn (Elemental, Magical, ECT) but whenever i make it in the items effected script its not changing from the basic defense boost because at this moment im making it for the Grassy terrain even know ive created a seperate item for it.

Penelope

Trainer
So first i have to say thank you guys for making this... anyways im trying to make seeds like in Reborn (Elemental, Magical, ECT) but whenever i make it in the items effected script its not changing from the basic defense boost because at this moment im making it for the Grassy terrain even know ive created a seperate item for it.
im sorry about that.
i dont know if i get u right.
electricseed.png

Ruby:
Battle::ItemEffects::TerrainStatBoost.add(:YOURITEMNAME,
  proc { |item, battler, battle|
    next false if ![:Electric].include?(battle.field.terrain) # replace with your terrain name
    next false if !battler.pbCanRaiseStatStage?(:ATTACK, battler) # replace stat
    itemName = GameData::Item.get(item).name
    battle.pbCommonAnimation("UseItem", battler)
    next battler.pbRaiseStatStageByCause(:ATTACK, 2, battler, itemName) # replace stat and the num
  }
)

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
I have finally fixed that issue... was a slight oversight by me but what i haven't figured out yet is how to give effects with the seeds such as Magnet Rise, Focus Energy, Damage, or them having to wait a turn. I've also ran into some issues with the transforming of fields by using just a move like a factory field being shorted out by discharge or destroyed by earthquake.

Penelope

Trainer
I have finally fixed that issue... was a slight oversight by me but what i haven't figured out yet is how to give effects with the seeds such as Magnet Rise, Focus Energy, Damage, or them having to wait a turn. I've also ran into some issues with the transforming of fields by using just a move like a factory field being shorted out by discharge or destroyed by earthquake.
u can use these three for transforming:
@battle.pbStartTerrain(user, :YOURFIELDNAME) or @battle.field.terrainDuration = 1 or @battle.field.terrain = :None

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
I know the scripts to change it but is there a script to have a move trigger it like in reborn.

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
As it seems i spoke too soon, back onto the issue with Transforming fields via moves,
if [:FactoryField].include?(@battle.field.terrain) &&
[:EARTHQUAKE].include?(move.id)
targets.each do |b|
next if b.damageState.unaffected
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("The field was broken!"))
@battle.pbStartTerrain(user, :ShortCircuitField)
end
end
Even tho this is copy and pasted from the grassy field its not working, in battle nothing happens

MasteredUI.Music

Rookie
Would like to preface that I am utterly clueless when it comes to code, but I really want field effects in game. However,
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `pbWeatherStartMessage' for #<Battle>

Backtrace:
[Custom Field Effects] 001_SetField.rb:343:in `pbStartBattleCore'
Battle_StartAndEnd:271:in `pbStartBattle'
Overworld_BattleStarting:401:in `block (2 levels) in start_core'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:55:in `pbSceneStandby'
Overworld_BattleStarting:401:in `block in start_core'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:126:in `pbBattleAnimation'
Overworld_BattleStarting:400:in `start_core'
Overworld_BattleStarting:365:in `start'
Overworld:212:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
Overworld:193:in `block in <main>'

I don't even know where to find the issue here, this message shows up for any battle, where do I fix this?

Penelope

Trainer
Would like to preface that I am utterly clueless when it comes to code, but I really want field effects in game. However,

Message: undefined local variable or method `pbWeatherStartMessage' for #<Battle>

Backtrace:
[Custom Field Effects] 001_SetField.rb:343:in `pbStartBattleCore'
Battle_StartAndEnd:271:in `pbStartBattle'
Overworld_BattleStarting:401:in `block (2 levels) in start_core'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:55:in `pbSceneStandby'
Overworld_BattleStarting:401:in `block in start_core'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:126:in `pbBattleAnimation'
Overworld_BattleStarting:400:in `start_core'
Overworld_BattleStarting:365:in `start'
Overworld:212:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
Overworld:193:in `block in <main>'

I don't even know where to find the issue here, this message shows up for any battle, where do I fix this?
ooooh, thats my bad!
u need gen 9 pack, cuz gen 9 pack did some updates about weather, emmm maybe a lil complicated.
let me check...

Solution:
(no gen 9 pack)
in 001_SetField.rb line 347, u can simply delete this line, and "=begin" and "=end" to solve this problem.
(with gen 9 pack)
if u use gen 9 pack, maybe u will need do some modify in [003] Weather and Status.rb, just simply delete line 86-99(all def pbStartBattleCore section).

hope can solve u problem.

Last edited:

MasteredUI.Music

Rookie
ooooh, thats my bad!
u need gen 9 pack, cuz gen 9 pack did some updates about weather, emmm maybe a lil complicated.
let me check...

Solution:
(no gen 9 pack)
in 001_SetField.rb line 343, u can simply delete this line, and "=begin" and "=end" to solve this problem.
(with gen 9 pack)
if u use gen 9 pack, maybe u will need do some modify in [003] Weather and Status.rb, just simply delete line 86-99(all def pbStartBattleCore section).

hope can solve u problem.
Just added the gen 9 pack (I was going to eventually anyways) and it's all fixed! Thanks for the help!

MasteredUI.Music

Rookie
Found another issue, sorry~

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Backtrace:
[Custom Field Effects] 004_TypeEffectivenessCal.rb:57:in `pbCalcTypeModSingle'
[Generation 9 Pack] [001] Battle.rb:204:in `pbCalcTypeModSingle'
Move_UsageCalculations:74:in `block in pbCalcTypeMod'
Move_UsageCalculations:73:in `each'
Move_UsageCalculations:73:in `pbCalcTypeMod'
[Custom Field Effects] 007_ImmunityEffect.rb:87:in `pbSuccessCheckAgainstTarget'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] Battle_Battler.rb:485:in `pbSuccessCheckAgainstTarget'
Battler_UseMove:383:in `block in pbUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:381:in `each'
Battler_UseMove:381:in `pbUseMove'

Used leech seed whilst on a grassy terrain on a fletchling, if that helps.

Penelope

Trainer
Found another issue, sorry~

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Backtrace:
[Custom Field Effects] 004_TypeEffectivenessCal.rb:57:in `pbCalcTypeModSingle'
[Generation 9 Pack] [001] Battle.rb:204:in `pbCalcTypeModSingle'
Move_UsageCalculations:74:in `block in pbCalcTypeMod'
Move_UsageCalculations:73:in `each'
Move_UsageCalculations:73:in `pbCalcTypeMod'
[Custom Field Effects] 007_ImmunityEffect.rb:87:in `pbSuccessCheckAgainstTarget'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] Battle_Battler.rb:485:in `pbSuccessCheckAgainstTarget'
Battler_UseMove:383:in `block in pbUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:381:in `each'
Battler_UseMove:381:in `pbUseMove'

Used leech seed whilst on a grassy terrain on a fletchling, if that helps.
it seems coz I'm lazy, I did not delete some additionals, i'l fix it very soon and re-upload it.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
You got me hyped for the other field effects! For the rainbow field, you could make it where same type attacks like fire hit with fire are double effective?

Also, where could I find the ability effect for Inverse Maker? I tried looking in 009_AbilityEffect and I can not find it. I ask cause the ability from your other plugin does not alter the field at all.

Last edited:

Penelope

Trainer
You got me hyped for the other field effects! For the rainbow field, you could make it where same type attacks like fire hit with fire are double effective?

Also, where could I find the ability effect for Inverse Maker? I tried looking in 009_AbilityEffect and I can not find it. I ask cause the ability from your other plugin does not alter the field at all.
I don't have a plan to finish other field effects recently, cos I have a way more important thing in my real life.
and... maybe, I can't get u right.
u can just use my other plugin for single ability rather than field effect, or u can just simply combine them two.(two plugins together may conflict, untested)

Back