• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Decay

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Title Screen
Pokemon Decay - Recruitment

Pokémon Decay is supposed to be a best of the first four generations. That was my peak of playing Pokémon. It's intended to give the player as much nostalgia as possible by referring to the storylines of the old games.

Story:

Because of natural disasters the four regions Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh collided and became one big Region, the Talem Region. The player wakes up and can't remember what happened. He has to find out what caused those natural disasters. The flow of the game is similar to the original Pokémon Games. The player has to defeat 8 Gym Leaders and the Elite Four while facing nearly all the well-known characters and evil teams of the first generations.
For self-preservation-reasons Pokémon had to adjust themself to the new environment. That's why many of them had to change their typing. Those Pokémon are called Delta Pokémon like back in Insurgence.

tHGyG5k.png

Those Delta Pokémon adapted to the regions they had to escape to. The Delta Areas are like a forest for grass type Pokémon, a sewer for poison type Pokémon or a desert for ground type Pokémon.

1yNqqb3.png

Unique Features:

As already mentioned we don't want to change the main features of the first generations but still wanted to make some improvements:

-Delta Pokémon and Delta Areas
-Level Caps
-HM Items
-Increasing difficulty curve
-Costumizable Character
-A few new Abilities and moves

About the project:

We're working in Essentials v21.1 (Started at v19). The mapping and eventing for the mainstory is almost finished.

The Pokedex is already finished. We added 129 new Delta Versions and 40 new Pokemon (Evolutions and Preevolutions) added to the game.

xKYIBhi.png

We're looking for:

Actually everyone who wants to help, with the main focus on scripters and graphic artists.

We want to implement the following things:
  • A complete UI Overhaul
  • Adding emotionboards in the Masters EX Style
  • Quality of live improvements
  • If you have any further ideas you are welcome to hit me up :)

Method of Contact:

If you want to be a part of the Pokémon Decay Project just join the Discord Server. Leave a message in the Recruitment Channel and I will send you a message asap. Every helping hand is warmly welcome!

Our Team:

AlmAchAndAlee (Lead Development)
uUel (Scripter/Coder)
HauntedDitto (PBS Editor/Balancer)

Screenshots:

zx98pla.png

Last edited:

YuviSweet

Rookie
Hello brother I will help you with scripting story writing and much more I have experience in pokemon essentials for 3 years

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Bump. All sprites are finished. Now it's time to create some moves and abilities for them :)

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Bump! We made good progress, but theres still a lot of work in front of us. So if you would like to help join our discord! :)

safr

Elite Trainer
I just noticed from the screenshot region map that there not many number of city and town although this region supposed to be combinations of several region collide, is that intended because the game will only show some city and town because most get destroyed during disaster. Intriguing to see for me

Last edited:

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Hi Safr :) In our scenario the region is nearly completely destroyed and was completely rebuilt. The citys and towns are completely new but have a lot of easter eggs which remind about the old towns. Creating every old town again would be too much effort and not something our team could handle. If you want to have some more informations join our discord and I can show some examples :)

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Bump!! Finally again^^ We could still need some helping hands! Feel free to join our discord :)

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Bump! We are making good progress. The mapping for the main story is line is nearly finished. We are still in need of some artists and coders :)

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Bump! The Elite 4 is finished, we are now concentrating on the after game. There are still many improvements to make so feel free to check out our discord!

AlmAchAndAlee

Novice
Bump! We are working on the after game right now! There is still so much room for improvement. Especially for graphic and Coding. Feel free to check out our discord!

Back