• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Type Icons Battle UI

Resource Type Icons Battle UI V1.0

Penelope

Trainer
wow, i try this plugin, it's amazing!!!

just one thing i think could improve, coz in double battle...
无标题.png

could you move these little type ui to under the mon's name, i think it'll be better.

amazing pulgin, amazing work, indeed!

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
IMG_0103.jpeg
I take back what I said about it not working… it does now work however… not correctly

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
For me Its working, Double Battle is working too

Cubey3

Above-Average Scrub
Looks good! just a suggestion (moreso for fakemon/regional variant projects) but it might be nice to have a feature where the type icons are hidden until you have defeated at least one of that species before kinda like how the official games dont tell you the weaknesses of pokemon until you have battled at least one? just cause guessing the type of a new thing can be pretty fun sometimes!

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Looks good! just a suggestion (moreso for fakemon/regional variant projects) but it might be nice to have a feature where the type icons are hidden until you have defeated at least one of that species before kinda like how the official games dont tell you the weaknesses of pokemon until you have battled at least one? just cause guessing the type of a new thing can be pretty fun sometimes!
Will look at this possibility when I can commission Goli next - which should be about 1.5ish weeks from now.

Hadu

Rookie
wow, i try this plugin, it's amazing!!!

just one thing i think could improve, coz in double battle...
View attachment 22062

could you move these little type ui to under the mon's name, i think it'll be better.

amazing pulgin, amazing work, indeed!

Same problem for me. Would be nice if the icon was just beneath the name of the Pokémon in that empty spot left of the HP bar.

WDG15

Rookie
I am able to help with placement of the icons on the data boxes. If you add " + #" to the end of "@types_sprite.y = value + @types_y" with # being the amount of pixels you want to move so it instead reads as "@types_sprite.y = value + @types_y + 50" it well display like before but 50 pixels lower. From there you can know that using a smaller number will raise it.
likewise "@types_sprite.x = value + @types_x" will do the same but on the horizontal axis meaning adding a positive number moves it to the right and negative move it to the left.
Hope this helps someone

MauGamesLOL

Rookie
This plugin is great! Though, I have run into some issues with it, so I hope they're fixed in a future update.

1. Illusion Pokemon's types are revealed while disguised.

2. Protean/Libero abilities don't update the type icons (funnily enough, when that pokemon levels up, it does update)

3. Moves that change types (like Soak) don't update the icons.

I haven't tested Transformed Pokemon, Form Changing Abilities, or other Abilities that change types (like Color Change), but they likely have the same issue(s).

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
This plugin is great! Though, I have run into some issues with it, so I hope they're fixed in a future update.

2. Protean/Libero abilities don't update the type icons (funnily enough, when that pokemon levels up, it does update)

I haven't tested Transformed Pokemon, Form Changing Abilities, or other Abilities that change types (like Color Change), but they likely have the same issue(s).

will aim to commission fixes to most of these soon!

SpiralSource

Rookie
Hi, I'm getting this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Type Icons in Battle] script.rb:49:in `draw_type_icons'
[Type Icons in Battle] script.rb:44:in `refresh'
[FRLG Battle UI] 003_Battle_Scene_Objects.rb:46:in `initialize'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `new'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `block in pbInitSprites'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each_with_index'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `pbInitSprites'
Scene_Initialize:20:in `pbStartBattle'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] Weather and Status.rb:89:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Please help!!

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Hi, I'm getting this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Type Icons in Battle] script.rb:49:in `draw_type_icons'
[Type Icons in Battle] script.rb:44:in `refresh'
[FRLG Battle UI] 003_Battle_Scene_Objects.rb:46:in `initialize'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `new'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `block in pbInitSprites'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each_with_index'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `pbInitSprites'
Scene_Initialize:20:in `pbStartBattle'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] Weather and Status.rb:89:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Please help!!
What I'm assuming (but I can't guarantee for sure until I test) is conflicting plugin code.

Back