• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource HGSS Save Screen 2024-05-02

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
Abdoulgaming submitted a new resource:

HGSS Save Screen - this script will recreate the Save Screen from HGSS

A while ago I wanted to add the HGSS save screen for a pokemon fangame for pokemon essentials but knew there was no resource for what this does. Therefore I had to create the script myself with very little experience and the process was painful for me because there is very little info on how to create custom scripts for Pokemon Essentials.

Disclaimer for V.21.x Users
If you have menu animation on true, you...

Read more about this resource...

LinKazamine

Champion
Oh, nice! I though some time ago of doing this but I ended forgetting it. I'll try it out but it looks great.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Question, did you mean to also include the pbEmergencySave command? It looks identical to the regular essentials version, so there doesn't seem to be a need to include it in the plugin.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Right... you've included it at line 82, I'm asking if it's needed at all. I didn't see a difference between what you included in the plugin and what's in the base essentials, so it seems unnecessary to include in your plugin. I'm asking if there was a reason you included it

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
Right... you've included it at line 82, I'm asking if it's needed at all. I didn't see a difference between what you included in the plugin and what's in the base essentials, so it seems unnecessary to include in your plugin. I'm asking if there was a reason you included it
My script will be called instead of the default, so i have to otherwise it could cause errors or other weird effects

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Not necessarily. If you don't overwrite a function, there is no need to include the function in your plugin; it will still use the function as defined in the base essentials.

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
Not necessarily. If you don't overwrite a function, there is no need to include the function in your plugin; it will still use the function as defined in the base essentials.
I tested it and it will use the Base Essentials but mine has minor changes.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Alright not sure what they are though, Ive compared the functions and didn't see any difference. Not a big deal, I removed your version in my game to help remove unnecessary overwrites. If it was a change worth noting, can you include what you changed?

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
Alright not sure what they are though, Ive compared the functions and didn't see any difference. Not a big deal, I removed your version in my game to help remove unnecessary overwrites. If it was a change worth noting, can you include what you changed?
check pbSaveScreen in line 123 and compare it.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
check pbSaveScreen in line 123 and compare it.
?

I realize you have a SaveData.exists? check in the pbSaveScreen which is you're overwriting that one, but I'm not sure how that relates to my thoughts about pbEmergencySave not needing to be included in your plugin because there are no changes with that specific function..

Again, it's not a big deal, I just removed the pbEmergencySave portion from your plugin for my game because I don't see a need for it and unnecessary overrides just lead to confusion when debugging or lowers compatibility with other plugins. I'm just offering code-cleanup suggestions.

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
?

I realize you have a SaveData.exists? check in the pbSaveScreen which is you're overwriting that one, but I'm not sure how that relates to my thoughts about pbEmergencySave not needing to be included in your plugin because there are no changes with that specific function..

Again, it's not a big deal, I just removed the pbEmergencySave portion from your plugin for my game because I don't see a need for it and unnecessary overrides just lead to confusion when debugging or lowers compatibility with other plugins. I'm just offering code-cleanup suggestions.
I cleaned up a lil bit on the code so, unnecessary things got shifted down to remove it easily

Back