• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Writing Conduit Idea

This thread's author wants feedback on a piece of writing. Be constructive.

Sereza

#1 Empoleon Fangirl
Hello! You've seen me on here before, and you're going to be seeing me on here a whole lot more!

I'm currently writing out my game's story and I wanted some feedback on an idea I had. They're called Conduits. They essentially are similar to Aeons from Honkai Star Rail. In my region (Valora), people view Legendaries as "sacred" and "divine" because they understand ordinary people don't have the capabilities/abilities that Pokemon do. The ability to control weather, space-time, etc? Yea, no. We're not built different.
They gave meanings to various Pokemon. Like how with Kyogre and Groudon, unlike Team Aqua and Team Magma where they fought against each other, people actually believe Kyogre/Groudon collectively. Because in their eyes, Kyogre/Groudon represent "the Earth" as a whole. The land and the sea. Being one with them is being one with Earth.

Conduits are people who develop a strong enough "spiritual" relationship with whatever Legendary they follow to the point where they can actually harness that Legendary's power physically. Think of it this way: Articuno, the Legendary Ice Bird. The values that Articuno represents would be wisdom. Ice cold logic, nerves of steel, so on. The Conduit for Articuno has characteristics of Articuno. In the sense that: her body temperature is colder than normal people's, she actually has the ability to form ice at her fingertips, etc. (I attached a photo of her too just as a visual)

I wanted people's thoughts on my idea, but, I also wanted to ask a question. I wanted feedback on what purpose Conduits should serve. The only thing I can think of is how they represent certain ideals and nothing more, but I WANT them to be something more. Especially since they're supposed to serve a Massive part of my game's story.

Attachments

• Articuno_Conduit_Sprite.png
    Articuno_Conduit_Sprite.png
    715.5 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

dajugg

Rookie
That's a pretty cool idea

- If proven to be a true Conduit of a Legendary Pokemon, maybe the Conduits can serve on a council somewhat like a politician. The Conduits can be liasons between the humans and the legendary Pokemon to help keep order in the Pokemon world.
- Conduits can be a gatekeeper that hold the key to allow Trainer's/Humans to challenge or meet the Legendary Pokemon.

Came up with these on the fly.

Hellparkour

Game Analyser
If I understand clearly because my english is not decent, the Conduits should be the ''catalyser'' of a Legendary. Like a Cult or a Faction. Someone which has a powerful spiritualism and/or psychism to link their person to a Legendary. These people which can connect with a Legendary should be the Protectors of the Region. Per example, if they are 4 of them, they can easily be Elite Four Members, if theres 8 of them they can all be Gym Leaders etc etc. You can also create a new branch like in Pokémon B/W, we had the Seven Sages which are part of the council in N's Futur ascent of the throne. You can associate a Legend/Tale to it as well.

Usualy on those, in my opinion, a good plot twist would be that one of those Conduits, be an actual villain and you, trainer that got spawn in the world, have to protect those Conduits.

Sereza

#1 Empoleon Fangirl
If I understand clearly because my english is not decent, the Conduits should be the ''catalyser'' of a Legendary. Like a Cult or a Faction. Someone which has a powerful spiritualism and/or psychism to link their person to a Legendary. These people which can connect with a Legendary should be the Protectors of the Region. Per example, if they are 4 of them, they can easily be Elite Four Members, if theres 8 of them they can all be Gym Leaders etc etc. You can also create a new branch like in Pokémon B/W, we had the Seven Sages which are part of the council in N's Futur ascent of the throne. You can associate a Legend/Tale to it as well.

Usualy on those, in my opinion, a good plot twist would be that one of those Conduits, be an actual villain and you, trainer that got spawn in the world, have to protect those Conduits.

I've never played B/W (I'm an absolute fraud, I know) so I'll have to look into the Seven Sages. In terms of evil Conduit, I think it's interesting, maybe one for Darkrai like they did with Insurgence or something LOL. But, the idea I had with my "evil team" in general followed the idea of people who were trying to force a connection with a Legendary. They want to be like Conduits but don't want to go through the process of actually understanding the Mon. Their main goal is the Creation Trio (Arceus, Dialga, Palkia), because of course they would be. But, there are no Conduits for them

I'm picturing the Creation Trio to be similar to Eldritch Horrors. We as people can't naturally perceive/understand the lengths of space, time, and creation. Anyone who tries to understand these beings go insane because the human brain literally doesn't have the capacity to understand these things

Sereza

#1 Empoleon Fangirl
The other thing I'm thinking about with these Conduits is how each one has their own domain in order to make up the towns/cities. Like how so many people stand by Kyogre/Groudon that they have a whole empire. But, would having a mix-match of different domains really make sense?
Like, how if one Conduit is so big they have an empire but another only has a small modern town because their following is too small?

Hellparkour

Game Analyser
I would say to follow the major lines, as Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Xerneas, Yveltal, Regigigas and Arceus would be the center and then you'll have the surroundings as Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos etc. The ones which has a major line would be a Leader as the underline's conduit would be only in charge of certain things.

But if you need to see it smaller, try to draw a Square or a Triangle on a piece of paper and try finding 3 completely opposite Legendaries to fit the Conduits Powers.

I could brainstorm some ideas with you if needed as well.

Jaete

Novice
Is too late to give an extra opinion? Anyway, by reading this story of Conduit, I've also thought of something different for the story.

Not evil team or guardians of the region, but people who didn't choose to be a Conduit and now they're suffering for this. A little drama about how they're getting these new powers and how the regular people are mistreating and even hunting them in some more extreme cases. Would be interesting too if the player has the role of saving these Conduit people and maybe even manifests some Conduit powers to save them. The player would manifest the Mew powers (adaptability, since Mew can transform into every Pokemon in existence) and save these people who are in threat in several different ways, by adapting and doing what needs to be done.

Anyway, just got a bit inspired by your post and didn't want to leave the idea only in my head. See ya!

Back