• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Wave Hello (Remake) [Unity Engine] - [ESP/ENG/IT/DE/FR/PT]

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Aug 31, 2023
Hello fellas! Two days ago I saw another lost game on Youtube that caught my attention: Pokémon Wave Hello. Probably, almost no one will be familiar with this game. It was an exclusive tech demo made by Google, which was available for a limited time for those who paid the premium price tag of 900 bucks for the Google Pixel 4 at launch. This means that not only few people got to play, but even fewer know this title at all. If that wasn't enough, even if you download the APK from the internet, it won't work unless you install it on that same device. Because of this, I have decided to remake it my way to make it available on all platforms.

ttl_pokemonlogo_full-png.15215

As this game is made from scratch, I have started this project as a challenge to make the fangame in 15 days or less. I decided to not implement the original functionality in which gestures are recognized through the camera because that would make it mandatory to use the camera to play the game. Instead, I changed the gameplay to use touch gestures on the phone screen or with the mouse in the case of the computer (Swipe, touch...) and voice commands (if desired). There's no story nor plot but are able to play with Eevee, Pikachu, Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble from your phone. If your device supports Augmented Reality (AR), you can project them in real life through the camera of your phone. This feature is NOT available on PC as the WebCam features don't support AR.

Screenshots:

screenshot_0-png.15216
screenshot_4-png.15218

screenshot_2-png.15221
screenshot_1-png.15217

Video:

Want to see it in action? Here you go!

Required Android & iOS permissions:

- Access to microphone: Vosk is used for voice commands. You need to accept this in order to record audio (to support speech recognition)
- Access to your multimedia storage: Vosk requires to be inside the temp data in your phone. This permission is only accessed to copy the speech recognition models to your storage. No info is accessed excepting this.
- Access to your Camera: Augmented Reality requires camera permissions. No camera, no AR.

No data is collected on this app.

Download:

Zelda

Credits:

Part of the UI and the logo were ripped from screenshots of the original game (linked above). 3D Models are from Home application and the PokéBall from BD/SP.
  • The Pokémon Company​
  • Nintendo​
  • Google​
  • Vosk for the speech to text backend​
  • ARFoundation for the Augmented Reality core​
  • Manurocker95​

Last edited:

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Available now in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese!

Manurocker95

Uploaded 0.0.3 with AR support and petting the monsters in RA and non-RA.

Manurocker95

Fixed small bug when microphone permissions are not granted on Windows

Back