• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment What's your favorite Pokémon?

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Gen1: Charizard (Basic i know but i always a huge fan of dragon, though i do agree it get to much attention)
Gen2: Scizor (Badass, one of the best design in gen 2)
Gen3: Metagross (Same resason as scizor but better)
Gen4: Galade (Same reason as scizor but better, not as much as metagross though)
Gen5: Chandelour (Alot of weird design in gen 5 but this one stick out the most, though not the best at design but it just stick out for me in someway)
Gen6: Greninja (Whoopty doo, annother greninja fan boy. But to be honest, what is there to not like about greninja, its design, abilities and backstory. Tbh it would still be my favourite pokemon even if Ash-Greninja doesnt exist or even if the beta design were used) Aegislash is a pretty close second tho
Gen7: Marshadow (Hands down, its so cut but badass at the same time)
Gen8: A tie between Farlinks or Grimsnarl (farlinks because same reason as marshadow but more cute less badass. And grimsnarl because i love its take on the fairy type not only full of girly pink pokemon and its pretty cool to with or with out the fairy type)
UPDATE:
Gen8 Hisui: H-Zoroark (Clearly a stand out design of the game. I would say hisui has some of the strongest of strong and the weakest of weak in term of originality)
Gen9: Armorouge (I know that people prefer ceruledge but personally i prefer armorouge color scheme and arm canon over swords) tho tied for second spot is lokix and koraidon. Lokix because im a big fan of kamen rider and koraidon because it gives me the same vibes as toothless the dragon from how to train your dragon, its cute, goofy and badass

Last edited:

pokelover#1

Rookie
Gen1: jynx, magmar, and mr. mime, because i've had to defend them for so long against haters. also, gengar, because he's kinda cute.
Gen2: not sure.
Gen3: blaziken, because mine named chico helped me all through my emerald playthrough
Gen4: weavile, hands down coolest pokemon ever
Gen5: swoobat, because it's adorable
Gen6: noibat and goomy, same reason as above. love at first sight on the anime
Gen7: mimikyu, because it's cool, i guess. also steenee, because it's cute
Gen8: the galar fossils, particularly dracovish and arctozolt, because they're awesome and beefy in combat, sobble comes at a close second, because i die internally when i see him. third is snom, same reason as sobble
(btw, does snom's name rhyme with nom or gnome? just asking)

Aurora

Trainer
Meloetta, Diancie and Arceus are my top 3 legendary.
Absol, mawile, alolan ninetales, garbodor, spiritomb, hydreigon and houndoom are my top no legendary.

GVolt

piplup propagandist
Gen1: Pikachu
Gen2: Tyranitar
Gen3: Salamence, Metagross (especially their mega evos)
Gen4: Piplup (my all-time fave)
Gen5: Volcarona (best bug boi)
Gen6: Aegislash, Greninja
Gen7: Mimikyu, Stufful, Kartana, Rowlet (birb)
Gen8: Snom, Eiscue (i love penguins, if you couldn't already tell)

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
Gen 1: Eevee
Gen 2: Umbreon
Gen 3: Deoxys
Gen 4: Porygon-Z
Gen 5: Chandelure
Gen 6: Aegislash
Gen 7: Necrozma or Lunala, can't decide
Gen 8: Dracovish (Funni fish that can 1-hit almost anything)

And if I had to make a team, it would probably be something like this:
Umbreon
Porygon-Z
Chandelure
Aegislash
Necrozma/Lunala (Dawn wings w/ Z-crystal if ultra is allowed, prob lunala if not)
Deoxys

Silver Bour

Rookie
Gen 1: Gengar, Fun guy with a fun smile
Gen 2: Quilfish, Not really a fan of gen 2, but i like this basic fish.
Gen 3: Kecleon, Most underrated Pokemon ever.
Gen 4: Hounchkrow, As an Italian, he's perfect.
Gen 5: Hydregigon, Favorite over all, just sick.
Gen 6: Treveant, A really cool concept and design.
Gen 7: Oricorio pom-pom, I used one, and it's been in my heart ever since.
Gen 8: Gal Slowking, A very mush improvement on one i already liked.
Hisui: Sneasler, Just looks cool in my opion.

TreadingWater

Novice
Gen 1: Kadabra - I just really like the fox-look and it is a bit of a shame that it loses a lot of that when it evolves.
Gen 2: Suicune - One of my favorite legendaries and has remained there for a long time
Gen 3: Absol - A classic to be sure, love the lore surrounding it
Gen 4: Dusknoir - Really hard to narrow down a favorite from this gen since there are so many, but I've always had a soft spot for this guy ever since that one summer camp-episode from the DP-anime
Gen 5: Bisharp - Another generation with plenty of favorites and Volcarona is a close second, but I just love how fierce it looks
Gen 6: Aegislash - What can I say? Ghost is my favorite type and Aegislash is always a mainstay on my X&Y-teams.
Gen 7: Vikavolt - One of my favorite bug-types with a really cool design.
Gen 8: Frosmoth - It is just so gorgeous and elegant, fell in love with it at first sight.

Cryptochrome

Heretic
My favorite Pokemon would probably be Haunter.

When playing Pokemon Crystal, I always pick up a gastly before the first gym. Pokemon Crystal was the game I played/replayed the most growing up, and I still play it almost every year - usually when travelling to see family. I also remember playing the old TCG videogame, and the Transparency Haunter card was one of the most fun to mess around with (that card is my favorite Haunter art). Finally, I like the silly/mischievous personality Haunter was portrayed as having in the anime's first season.

I really enjoy reading threads like this one (and this one). It's so interesting seeing the different choices people have for favorites - and the reasons behind them.

InternetPeseant

Rookie
Tough choice, but my all-time favorite is tied for Brionne and Primarina. Some other recent favorites of mine are Oricorio, Espathra, and Scraggy.

16Gabs

Trainer
Bulbassaur and it's evolutions (Basic, I know)

Last edited:

Faislittlewhiteraven

Novice
Hmm. There's so many amazing mons I've used/admired over the years it's hard to pick but I think these days my absolute fav is probably Mimikyu (both badass, cute as heck and has great themes/lores going on).

Region by when I first played them VS now though:
Gen 1 then: Tie between Grimer, Vulpix and Poliwag (I thought they were all super adorable). Gen1 now: Mewtwo really has the best lore and I wanna cuddle his baby self in the Origins of Mewtwo short. XD
Gen 2 then: Sneasel (so cute and cool), Gen 2 now: Still Sneasel though I like Hooh in both lore, appearance and colour scheme enough these days it gets a special mention.
Gen3 then: Grovyle, so cool <3 Gen 3 now: So torn between the usuals (Gardevoir, Metagross, Latis, Absol, Altaria, Breloom, Primals and MegaRay, etc) but going Absol today since it looks very huggable and warm and it's freezing where I live rn so~ XD
Gen 4 then: Togekiss, cute and utterly badass. Gen 4 now: The Lucario movie and Vessa almost changed my mind but I still love Togekiss the most.
Gen 5 then: Gavantula (still love it). Gen 5 now: 50/50 on the Zoroark line for most interesting lore period or Victini because it's adorable.
Gen 6 then: Honedge line be so fun to use. Gen 6 now: Male Meowstic (his Prankster has saved me so often in really hard fangames you have no idea). Vivilion gets a special mention for being the only pokemon I had a literal box of trying to collect all the patterns.
Gen 7: Mimikyu, but I love pretty much every design from Alola/Ultra Space a ton so er. squees over the whole gen enthusiastically <3
Gen 8: The vicious fairies are pretty high up there, Dragovish is hilariously OP, and Frossmoth and Indeedee are adorable but I LOVE G!Zigzagoon. Such a cute spunky little guy <3
Legends Arceus: 50/50 between H!Zoroark and Sneasler; both are great in lore, vibes and are really fun to use in fan games due to their stats and typing~ XD
Gen 9: hugs best bike lizard (doesn't care which since it's the personality not the appearance/anything else that makes me love them) In terms of raw appearance though Ceruledge and Floragato are absolutely top tier for me otherwise though.

Top picks in order of preference 1st to last: Mimikyu, Sneasel, H!Zoroark/Sneasler, the gen 5 picks, G!Zigzagoon, gen 7's everything, the remaining gen 9 picks, M!Meowstic, Honedge line, Togekiss, Hooh, the gen 3 loves, Vessa and Lucario, and finally Mewtwo. Gives Pikachu an honorary spot after Mewtwo cause I mean, it IS a top tier design, I've been just so over bombarded with it I struggle to appreciate it fairly most times.

So yeah. I am eternally torn between all the excellent mon I want to gush over and ranking them is self inflicted hell but couldn't resist the chance to gush as much as I could about them <3

Radio_Liminoid

Rookie
Nidoran♂. This has been my favorite mon since '99 when I first started playing. I have a tcg card in my wallet to this day and I sleep with a plushie of it every night. 24 years ago I played Pokemon Red and picked a Charmander named Enerjet and a Nidoran♂ named Spike. Back then I was 9 and had no friends after a traumatic move, and these guys were my only friends. Three years ago I bought my wonderful partner their own Nidoran♀ plushie they named Orchid and we've been together ever since. I do wish the Nidoran line would get some Game Freak love with new forms like megas or g-max or something, but even with nothing new I will love this line forever.

I'm so happy to see other Nidoran fans in @Hematite and @Yin !

Last edited:

Tauxins

Aspiring Game Maker
RBY: Pinsir. What can I say, I like the death horns Pokémon.
GSC: Tyranitar. Look, I know this is typical but it's a huge tyrant that can eat a chunk off of a mountain-
RSE: Castform. Aside from MandJTV influence, I like the gimmick.
DPPT: You're probably expecting Garchomp but it was I, Dusknoir! Yeah this one is partially due to Explorers-
BW/B2W2: Haxorus. Aside from the epic tusk fangs, I actually used to think it was a Pseudo and now think it deserves a secondary Pseudo spot.
XY: Yveltal. Death bird is leagues better than rainbow deer.
SM/USUM: Vikavolt. Its horns remind me of a rail gun.
SWSH: Urshifu, easily. Versatile and it reminds me of Kung Fu Panda.
PLA: Overqwil. Its design is dumb and I love it.
SV: Tinkaton. Little gremlin that I would probably keep around if Corviknight became more pest than partner.

ClessioTV

Cooltrainer
For me, it's simply Klefki.
Reason: Convenient dual typing / Looks like anything but a Pokémon.
KLEFKI.png

neoncityrain

Trans and proud
My favourite ever is Cinccino! A rather niche mon that gets super overlooked, but it has a very special place in my heart. I used to play competitively and let me tell you, people really hate getting beat by a chinchilla. Also, it's just plain cute... the 2014 championships may have influenced me a little

Back