• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Holomon (A Vtuber themed Pokémon Essentials project)

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashvstheworld

Rookie
Hi everyone, I have this idea for a fan game called Holomon, The core idea is a Pokémon themed game with characters and references to VTubers, Video games and memes. So for example, Hololive, VShojo ect. I was going to use the Gen 3 art style at its just the most comfortable I feel in working with. Sprites / tilesets are just easier to manage (personally) I'll be using Pokémon essentials V20.1 for this.

What I'm looking for:

• Sprites
  • Map Makers
  • Writers
  • Ideas (Just discussion in the thread is also incredibly appreciated!)

[Basic Plot]
I'm fairly comfortable with Pokémon essentials and RPG Maker to make a fan game but I'd love to know if people are interested in helping out on a project like this? The core concept would be the player character picks their gender and while watching a live stream they are Isak'ed into a Pokémon-esque world (Real original plot I know) they must then defeat the gym leaders and champion to find a way back home. The characters and locations would take various inspiration from video games and Vtuber lore. For example one idea I had for a gym would be the underworld. The player would enter an event in the overworld that has a fake game over and they find themselves having to battle through the underworld and defeating Mori to escape. I didn't want to stray to far from the Pokémon formula so 8 gyms, Elite four ect. It is a light tounge in cheek adventure after all.

[Pokémon Sprites]
The actual Pokémon or (Holomon in this case) would be original. I'm looking to make atleast 150. I have some knowledge in sprite making but I'm by no means any good at it. The idea for the Holomon take inspiration from a number of things, Video games, Memes, Lore of the VTuber ect. The abilites and moves fit current Gen 9 rules (Scripts already done) with the battle sprites being that of Gen 3. If you are making sprites a front, back and icon would be very much appericated!

[Locations]
The game would take place in a reigon called Maver (Working name could change) and the player wakes up in Tinysprout Town (I'll already mapped a basic idea of this map) from their the player chooses their Holomon starter and travels off on adventure. Other area of note I had was an underworld. Almost acting like a mini reigon of sorts. It would have a Pokémon Center and a wild area and also function as the gym (A point in the story where the player must defeat the leader to return to the overworld) Other than that the rest is up to some imagination!

[Battle system]
The battle system is already in place using the Gen 9 rule and movesets. I've also added the reborn styled animations but want to keep the actual graphic style to Gen 3/4 personally I think its super clean and works well for this kind of game.

I also don't want to make the battles complete push overs so I was going to include terrain elements and items on the gym battles / Elite Four to atleast give more of a challenge.

[Triple Triad]
I'm a big Final Fantasy fan so knowing Pokémon essentials has a built in Triple Triad mini game I want to add this as a feature. I've already played around with the scripts and have a trigger to change the music for important battles. A few of the towns would have a TCG building and follow the reigonal rules from FF8 (Basically this overrides the rules so winner takes all cards, open hand where you see all the cards ect.) I've also got a script included that allows the player to purchase booster packs that generate random cards from a select pool of Pokémon: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356231

[Characters]
* The main playable character would be either male or female. I was considering them to have dialouge in the story to make them a little more than a blank slate in conversations.

* Gym Leaders: I thought it would make sense for the gyms to be the homes of the VTubers. Could definetly make some interesting locations for battles.

[Closing thoughts]
I don't really know what more to add honestly. Hopefully what I've described makes sense. I think this would be a fun project to pursue but also think it would be a great collab effort to make something fun. If interested I would absolutely love to hear what you have to say! I'm always open to ideas.

I've also included some images on a few Holomon, The starter town, Ui and a few trainer sprites, The Hololive members (made by Mid117)

Attachments

• Holomon.png
    Holomon.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Town1.png
    Town1.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Trainers.png
    Trainers.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot 2023-08-24 171732.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-24 171732.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

LilyInTheWater

Novice
Put Pippa in the game...she LOVES Colress...maybe she lives in Colress's lab with him and has a double battle with him.

ashvstheworld

Rookie
Put Pippa in the game...she LOVES Colress...maybe she lives in Colress's lab with him and has a double battle with him.
That sounds like it could work! I've had to do some research of the other Hololive members as most of my knowledge is just with the EN team 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back