• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Battle Simulator Unity (PBSU) - [Unity Engine]

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Hey fellas! Today I bring one more small project I made some time ago: Pokémon Battle Simulator Unity, aka PBSU.

screenshot_1-png.4192

Making use of AJ20's Open-Sourced battle system I made a small battle simulator with online functionality and 1J battles. It makes use of my Pokémon Let's Go Unity database instead of the regular one and it has:

• The 1 player mode is a PVP against the machine.
  • Online functionality: If you want to play with friends online, one will have to play as a server and the other will have to connect to his IP manually as a client. In case you are on the same LAN, Localhost should be enough.
  • Gen 1-8 mechanics, all Pokémon and items from gen 1 to 8 with support for single, double and triple battles.
  • Multi-language support.
  • Compatibility with all platforms (or should be).
  • Support for all the controllers you want to connect, either by Bluetooth or serial cable.
  • Beautiful menus

Screenshots:

screenshot_0_-png.4193
screenshot_1-png.4194

image0-jpg.4234
screenshot_1-png.4230

Video:

Controls:

Windows & OS X:

- Keyboard:

• WASD: Move
  • Spacebar: Confirm
  • X: Cancel
  • Z: Load/Unload the Dynamax

Controller:

• DPad: Move
  • B: Confirm
  • A: Cancel
  • R1: Load/Unload Dynamax

In this case I have mapped the inputs as in Nintendo Switch. If you use Joycon or ProController, A and B are swapped.

Mobile:

Virtual Pad for everything (Y) replaces Z.

Download: Zelda

Credits:

• AJ20 and This-Epic for the original repo (UI, Battle System)
  • Pira for the compiled sprites
  • Carchagui for the battle backgrounds
  • All the sprite creators (listed below)

Battler Sprites:

• Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites
  • veekun Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites
  • All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites
  • All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites
  • All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Icon Sprites Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites:
  • Alaguesia

Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites:
  • Marin
  • MapleBranchWing
Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository Gen 8 Icon Sprites:
  • Larry Turbo
  • Leparagon

Others:
  • As always: Nintendo, Pokémon, Game Freak...
  • Manurocker95

Last edited:

Munit

Novice
Amazing! Ever consider adding Free for all battles like showdown? I believe another game implemented it aswell...retired champion I think. Def gonna check this out!

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Amazing! Ever consider adding Free for all battles like showdown? I believe another game implemented it aswell...retired champion I think. Def gonna check this out!

Tbh, this started as a showdown like game but I ended lazy to add stuff to it xD

Munit

Novice
Awesome game regardless. Would love the free for all battles if possible :)

Poké Gamer Boy 17

Rookie
So sorry to be that guy, but this sort of sucks. My first battle, it threw me in with a singular Weepinbell that knew a 100% accurate Stun Spore, Growth, Poison Powder, and a 7500% accurate Sleep Powder. No, that's not a typo. The opposing Pokémon was exactly the same. The only way to end the battle would be with Struggle, which I didn't want to wait around to see. Plus, the loading time was excessively long. (That could just be my computer because I have a potato, but still.) I definitely see how this could become something great, but right now, it's not even good. I did not explore all the features because it took so long to load, so I don't know what else there is to offer, but from what I've seen, it needs some work.

Baconator

Rookie
Could you make it coustomisable so you can add your own pokemon? Or make the source files availible?

Manurocker95

Could you make it coustomisable so you can add your own pokemon? Or make the source files availible?

The battle core is already public. You will need to have unity and coding knowledge to modify the source tho.

linkinparkrules

Rookie
hello there. I downloaded the android version, installed it and played but there is nothing happen when I clicked "1 player" or "create game"? Can this game play offline?

Manurocker95

hello there. I downloaded the android version, installed it and played but there is nothing happen when I clicked "1 player" or "create game"? Can this game play offline?
It might take a bit to load depending on your device as it creates a local net to play with the AI.

Back