• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Decoupled Abilities

Resource Decoupled Abilities 1.4

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Rot8er_ConeX submitted a new resource:

Decoupled Abilities - For randomizers that don't want useless abilities!

In the main series, and therefore default Essentials, there are some abilities that belong to one species and one species only. A significant number of them control how a particular species changes forms mid-battle, but some do other things.

But if one wants a randomizer mode in their game, than these abilities, when thrown onto Pokémon they weren't intended to, end up doing absolutely nothing. An entire attribute that can make or break a randomized entity, deemed useless. And as more...

Read more about this resource...

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Nice! How would this work with Trace or a "Pokemon use all their abilities at once" plugin?
As of right now, abilities that normally cannot be traced, still cannot be traced. I want to change this so decoupled abilities can be traced, but I haven't done so yet.

As for the "use all their abilities at once" plugin, I don't think the two plugins conflict - although most Pokemon who naturally have abilities like this have it as the ONLY ability (the one exception I can think of is Zen Mode Darmanitan) so you wouldn't see it naturally. If conflicts arise, let me know!

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Rot8er_ConeX updated Decoupled Abilities with a new update entry:

Teal Mask and Trace

• Added Embody Aspect to decoupled abilities. A setting exists to treat it as four abilities, or as one ability that raises a stat based on the holder's mask.
  • Made most decoupled abilities losable (via replacement, Neutralizing Gas, Gastro Acid, etc.) and/or gainable (via Trace, Doodle, Role Play, etc.) The ones that aren't, affect out-of-battle stats or types.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

The Indigo Disk

This update includes changes to all four abilities introduced in the Indigo Disk DLC for Scarlet and Violet. It does not include PBS updates for those abilities, but that shouldn't be too difficult because abilities.txt is just a list.

Please note that the Gen 9 Pack has not been updated to Indigo Disk mechanics, so their implementation of these abilities may be different. As such, I may need to release another update to match their code.

Likewise, there is not yet an Extended Battle UI...

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

The Indigo Disk, official-ish

Now that the Generation 9 Pack has been updated to the Indigo Disk, this plugin can be updated to match their means of recreating the abilities therein.

Please note that due to relying on brand-new BattleAbilityHandlers, the abilities Poison Puppeteer and Tera Shell will not work unless you have the Generation 9 Pack installed, even if you add them to your PBS files. Conversely, the abilities Teraform Zero and Tera Shift work perfectly...

MaouAlter

Novice
As someone who enjoy's Hackmons, this is a great plugin.
Sadly, I got this error anytime a Pokemon tried to use a move on anyone but itself.
For the record, the plugins I used was this one, 21.1 Hotfixes (1.0.7), and the Gen 9 Pack (3.2.1)
ERROR.png

MaouAlter

Novice
Ok... after testing the plugin alone with nothing else in a fresh, out-of-the-box copy of Essentials 21.1 the same error is shown.
After tweaking the code a little, it's clear many of the variables/methods are undefined.
Perhaps these values are defined in the unreleased plugin "Fusion Mechanics" but not in the plugin itself.
Regardless of the circumstances, this plugin in it's current version doesn't work and only works partially after manually altering the code.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Ok... after testing the plugin alone with nothing else in a fresh, out-of-the-box copy of Essentials 21.1 the same error is shown.
After tweaking the code a little, it's clear many of the variables/methods are undefined.
Perhaps these values are defined in the unreleased plugin "Fusion Mechanics" but not in the plugin itself.
Regardless of the circumstances, this plugin in it's current version doesn't work and only works partially after manually altering the code.
So, actually looking at the problem you mentioned, it seems I copied pbCalcTypeMod from my own game, and forgot to change it (which means that you could have figured out some of my game's mechanics if you paid attention - such as there's a Pokémon that's weak to any move that "tramples Minimize" regardless of type). Oops. Publishing the fix now.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

Bug Fixes and Mega Evolution

• Fixed problems that came about in the previous update and made it unusable.
  • Added the ability for any Pokémon with a Mega Evolution to become that Mega when proccing Battle Bond rather than using the Gen 9 version of that ability. This can be toggled on or off in the settings file.
    • This works even if the Pokémon is not holding the required Mega Stone, and does not use up your one Mega Evolution per battle.
    • For Pokémon with more than one Mega, such as Charizard and...

Back