• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta]

Resource Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta] 0.7.1

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 submitted a new resource:

Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks [Beta] - Brings Pokemon Contests and Pokeblock creation to v20.1

This set of plugins brings Pokemon Contests and Pokeblock creation (based on the Generation 3 style) up to version v20.1. bo4p5687 had created scripts for these back in the day, but I worked to revamp them for the modern versions.

Currently, I consider these plugins to be in Beta. They are only guaranteed to work with base Pokemon...

Read more about this resource...

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Good lord this is so well made. I tried the demo project and I'm really impressed, so now I HAVE to use it myself lol, assuming it'll work with other plugins. Great job on the revamp!

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Me and another guy updated the contests script + berry blender + pokeblock mechanics a month ago. I was thinking to post them here too, since that they were made by bop, which he was my coder at that time, but we took two months to fix tons of issues and broken codes here and there. If you're a good coder and if you want, i can give you what we did with all the related plugins/scripts so you can improve them for the better. I also made some graphics fixes and i added some sounds and music into it too. We recreated everything as close as possible to emerald games. Maybe the contests stuff i have can help you to improve this better. Let's meet on discord, in case you want to discuss or work on this, i can provide some support too, but i'm not an xpert on coding, i can test and point detailed info or some help here and there. By the way, we update them into PEv20.1.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Me and another guy updated the contests script + berry blender + pokeblock mechanics a month ago. I was thinking to post them here too, since that they were made by bop, which he was my coder at that time, but we took two months to fix tons of issues and broken codes here and there. If you're a good coder and if you want, i can give you what we did with all the related plugins/scripts so you can improve them for the better. I also made some graphics fixes and i added some sounds and music into it too. We recreated everything as close as possible to emerald games. Maybe the contests stuff i have can help you to improve this better. Let's meet on discord, in case you want to discuss or work on this, i can provide some support too, but i'm not an xpert on coding, i can test and point detailed info or some help here and there. By the way, we update them into PEv20.1.
Sure! I did a lot of the graphics from scratch for this, mainly ripped or imitating the RSE version, and got sound effects that were directly from the games, etc. too.

Some of what I did was a bit of a guess on my part so I took some liberties on design choices for some things, so I'd be interested in seeing how you handles specific portions. I'm also big on customizability and giving the developer options, so I added a number of ways to do that, too.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
So its decided, let's meet on discord, send me friend invite here: Discord: Richard PT#5878. I will provide what we did, which are 3 plugins that works with each other: berry blender minigame + pokeblock key item functions + the contests plugin. Your's seem a bit more smooth and beautiful than the original one made by bop and the others. If you have someone more working with you in this too, let's make a group then.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
As far as I know, the only difference between Gen 3 and ORAS contests (aside from a few move changes here and there), is that Pokémon holding their respective Mega Stones will Mega Evolve when they are the one to trigger the audience into a fever pitch or whatever the 5* mechanic is called. Does the plugin do that? I also could see, as a plugin compatibility with the ZUD plugin when it releases for 21, treating Gigantimax the same way.

Not sure how Z-Moves should be handled. The generic ones are type-based, not contest-based.

Terastallization doesn't seem like it'd do much in contests so could probably be ignored.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
As far as I know, the only difference between Gen 3 and ORAS contests (aside from a few move changes here and there), is that Pokémon holding their respective Mega Stones will Mega Evolve when they are the one to trigger the audience into a fever pitch or whatever the 5* mechanic is called. Does the plugin do that? I also could see, as a plugin compatibility with the ZUD plugin when it releases for 21, treating Gigantimax the same way.

Not sure how Z-Moves should be handled. The generic ones are type-based, not contest-based.

Terastallization doesn't seem like it'd do much in contests so could probably be ignored.
There are a few differences between Gen 3 and 6, and I incorporated some of them as options.

I could consider supporting Mega Evo, etc in this, but since it's purely visual, I did not see it worth supporting with the initial Beta. I can look into it though!

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master

I could see Terastallization working well in a contest if support for that were added. Maybe your tera type has an effect, like fairy will boost the effect of a cute move or fighting can boost the effect of a cool move, maybe only let it work for one turn to balance it out. Just the first thing to pop into my head

MushiPkm

Rookie
hi, i'm getting this error when i put the plugin
everything seems to work until the the berry system is opened in debug or with the game
i get this error

undefined method `push' for nil:NilClass

Last edited:

ClessioTV

Cooltrainer
Hello, I have a small question. Is there compatibility with the "Gen V Summary Pack DX" plugin, or is it planned (or not)?

In any case, your work is exactly what I needed right now! Thank you very much!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
hi, i'm getting this error when i put the plugin
everything seems to work until the the berry system is opened in debug or with the game
i get this error

undefined method `push' for nil:NilClass
Can you give a full screenshot of the error you get?
- Actually, I have a good feeling I know what it is. It's likely because if you don't start a new game, the "pokeblocks" variable that's a part of $player doesn't exist. Easy fix!:
1) Create a new event that will either run when you talk to it or auto run
2) In that event, just add a new Script: $player.pokeblocks = []
3) After you talk to/run that even while in game, save your game
4) Close your game and remove the event from your game (you don't need it anymore!)
5) Start your game again. Now, you should have the variable and everything should work.

Hello, I have a small question. Is there compatibility with the "Gen V Summary Pack DX" plugin, or is it planned (or not)?

In any case, your work is exactly what I needed right now! Thank you very much!
Different styles of Summary pages I do plan on looking into supporting, I will mark this down as one of them!

Last edited:

MushiPkm

Rookie
thank you! now it works fine i think it was bc i had to start a new game (again)

loved this plugin

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Hi there!
This is super impressive. I'm working on Gen 4 contests and I'm stuck on the part of acting where it displays the move animation upon use.
Did you figure that out for your script?
I'm not trying to advertise on your stuff. Just hoping to get some help x.x

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Hi there!
This is super impressive. I'm working on Gen 4 contests and I'm stuck on the part of acting where it displays the move animation upon use.
Did you figure that out for your script?
I'm not trying to advertise on your stuff. Just hoping to get some help x.x
No worries!

Yeah, I got it somewhat working.. I pretty much had to duplicate the existing battle Animations code that runs for battles and tweak it so it worked for the contests. It works.. somehow xD

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
No worries!

Yeah, I got it somewhat working.. I pretty much had to duplicate the existing battle Animations code that runs for battles and tweak it so it worked for the contests. It works.. somehow xD
Would you be willing to share that code via discord? Just the move animation part
I would add you to credits of the plugin
It's been a huge blockade killing my motivation to work on the script

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Would you be willing to share that code via discord? Just the move animation part
I would add you to credits of the plugin
It's been a huge blockade killing my motivation to work on the script
You can see the code if you download my plugin! In the Pokemon Contests portion, there's an Animations file dedicated to it

AbsolutePhoenix

Rookie
so generation 8 project uses different sized sprites. would it be possible to add a settign in contest map settings to change the offset of the pokemon sprites durring the contest. while doing the battle formate thing. i thin just a standard offset setting for all pokemon would be enough.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
so generation 8 project uses different sized sprites. would it be possible to add a settign in contest map settings to change the offset of the pokemon sprites durring the contest. while doing the battle formate thing. i thin just a standard offset setting for all pokemon would be enough.
You can already do that! Just adjust the values of FOCUSUSER_X and FOCUSUSER_Y in the General Settings file!
1691803028466.png

I have a warning in that section to not edit it, but I tested it again just now and it should work if you just edit it. I can make it a bit clearer, and even split out a specific offset value setting to help.

Back