• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[20.1+] Email

Resource [20.1+] Email 1.0.4

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine submitted a new resource:

Email - Give a new use to the mails by turning them into emails

Compatibility
This plugin has been tested to work on Pokemon Essentials 20.1. I don't know if it'll work on 21.

Not many people use the mails anymore. In fact, pokemon has taken them out of the games long ago. But, the mail system in Pokemon Essentials can be used for more than just sending a message to a friend.

Thanks to Mr. Gela's Pokemon holding Mail script, I made this plugin that allows you to recreate an email system. It adds...

Read more about this resource...

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Thank you for this. I am implementing it in my game. However I detect a problem. If the character receives a mail, it registers Bulbasaur as seen and captured and in the case of my project, the first mail is received before having the Pokédex and long before seeing a Bulbasaur.

LinKazamine

Champion
Oh, I completely forgot that detail. I'll post an update when I change the code to solve it. Thank you for reminding me!

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Thanks again for this. I have a question, maybe it doesn't have much to do with the script, but it seemed like a good place to ask. Is there any way to make the text in an email look continuous? I have serious problems with unexpected line breaks and I don't want to think how that will be altered even more with the translation. Is there a way to justify all the text? : /

LinKazamine

Champion
Not that I know. The emails are basically mails that the player can only interact with through the PC. The code for the text is in the scripts of pokémon Essentials and my script doesn't modify it. You will have to look at it to see if you can justify the text. Though, for all I know, pokémon essentials only allows you to put text on the right, left or center.

BlueSea

Rookie
This plugin is very good and has been a great help to my game, thank you for your creation! This is a bit presumptuous, but can I make a few changes to the text in the plugin? (Just the part shown in the game, such as "mail" in the pokegear section) I don't know if I made my meaning clear, my native language is not English, I apologize again if I offended you or made a grammatical mistake:(

LinKazamine

Champion
Yes, of course you can. I give a name to the plugins based on the official games equivalent or a function for how they work but that doesn't mean that devs can't change them to fit their game.

Back