• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[20.1+] Notebook

Resource [20.1+] Notebook 1.0.8

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine submitted a new resource:

Notebook - Give the players the change to write notes in game

Compatibility
This plugin has been tested to work in Pokemon Essentials 20.1. I don't know if it works on 21.

For those that have looked at the wiki about the pokegear, you'll have probably seen the idea of adding a notebook as a pokegear app. Maybe, like me, haven't know how to do it nor have been able to find scripts that do it. Well, I managed to figure out a way to do so thanks to Pokémon holding Mail by Mr. Gela.

This script...

Read more about this resource...

LinKazamine

Champion
Ok, I tested it and found an error that would happen even in v20.1. But just in case, could you pass the error log? It's a good way for others to know if there's an error in the plugin, if you made something wrong somehow or something else.

CoderFreddy

Novice
Ok, I tested it and found an error that would happen even in v20.1. But just in case, could you pass the error log? It's a good way for others to know if there's an error in the plugin, if you made something wrong somehow or something else.
Sorry for not responding earlier.
I used an new copy of Essentials v21.1, followed the installation steps, and I got the following error message.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.0]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Notebook] Notebook_Item.rb:17:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:195:in `trigger'
Item_Utilities:63:in `triggerUseFromBag'
Item_Utilities:696:in `pbUseItem'
UI_Bag:504:in `block in pbStartScreen'
UI_Bag:467:in `loop'
UI_Bag:467:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:196:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:193:in `block in <main>'

LinKazamine

Champion
Oh, I see. I guess you're using the notebook with icons, which is the one that (for some reason) I forgot to add this option in the configuration. I'll update the files again with this option included but you should be able to solve this yourself by adding NEW_SCENE = true (or false) on the configuration file.

CoderFreddy

Novice
Oh, I see. I guess you're using the notebook with icons, which is the one that (for some reason) I forgot to add this option in the configuration. I'll update the files again with this option included but you should be able to solve this yourself by adding NEW_SCENE = true (or false) on the configuration file.
It worked but I got another error.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.0]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `game_controls' for #<PokemonSystem>

Backtrace:
[Notebook] Notebook_Screen.rb:35:in `pbStartScene'
[Notebook] Notebook_Screen.rb:94:in `pbStartScreen'
[Notebook] Notebook_Screen.rb:133:in `block in pbNewNotebookScreen'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Notebook] Notebook_Screen.rb:130:in `pbNewNotebookScreen'
[Notebook] Notebook_Item.rb:18:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:195:in `trigger'
Item_Utilities:63:in `triggerUseFromBag'
Item_Utilities:696:in `pbUseItem'
UI_Bag:504:in `block in pbStartScreen'

LinKazamine

Champion
Yes, that is the error I found when I asked you. If you download the new version it should be fixed.

Back