• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PokeGacha

Resource PokeGacha 1

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
DerxwnaKapsyla submitted a new resource:

PokeGacha - Random Pokemon Generator but with odds and rarities! Salt not included.

I made this to see if I could, to test what I knew and retained about rgss coding. I picked something I was very familiar with and attempted to recreate it at a foundational level. This is, technically speaking, fully functional, with minimal assembly required.

This system will allow you to add a gacha system to your project. In its current state, this only allows for a Single Pull, or a Ten Pull. I have no plans at the moment to accept non-standard denominations (5, 20, 300, etc).

The...

Read more about this resource...

Eurritimia

Novice
Just letting anyone who may come to this thread that this plugin works on v21, except when trying to use pgTenRoll function, so if you want to get one pokemon at time it's fine.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Just letting anyone who may come to this thread that this plugin works on v21, except when trying to use pgTenRoll function, so if you want to get one pokemon at time it's fine.
After double checking (and having Maruno point it out), this does still work on v21. You just need to assemble flags for the species first, otherwise the arrays will break.
Czde8No.png

I really am a genius
wacko.png

Last edited:

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
It's possible making a gacha without getting any Legendary pokemon like a Banlist for Legendary pokemon in gacha event?

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I wouldn't call this culture- I don't actively play any mobages, and the gacha was the least engaging thing for me in the ones I did play. I wanted a way to flex my coding muscles, and this seemed like a decently challenging way to go about it.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
I see on Flags Paradox, typo species name for Walkingwake..
And in code,
Code:
next if sp.species == :CTEWI
Can I change with another pokemon?

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
There are a few species typo'd in the script, I haven't uploaded the fixed version yet. That being said, that line there will make it so a Pokemon is skipped entirely and not given a flag. Not giving it a flag, however, will still put it in the Tier 1 category (Where Base/Baby Pokemon are, as they don't have flags). Those lines are there purely because if someone wanted to use this in the Touhoumon engine, Tewi breaks the entire script because it has a non-standard evolution method. If you aren't using the Touhoumon engine, those lines can be safely removed/altered.

JtheDuelist

Novice
Just curious, is there a way that the level/rarity tiers of the Pokemon that one receives from this can be limited and altered based on game progression (such as based on number of currently obtained badges) to prevent something like a player getting a Lv70+ Arceus or something on their very first pull and thus being able to trivialize the entire game, but also so that that the player isn't getting stupidly underleveled Pokemon for the point in the game they are in? I guess in a less wordy way, drop tables based on story progression rather than a single set list?

This plugin is absolutely perfect conceptually and thematically for my project as a focal point, but the way it look right now could neutralize any sort of challenge the game might have, and was curious if there were any ways to keep something like that from happening...

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Creating a setting that scales the level of what you pull based on progression shouldn't be too hard. Stuff like that was planned to be a version 2 sort of thing. I had also been planning to make the concept of "banners", which would allow for more specialized tables. For example, a starters "banner", which has a chance to pull all the starter Pokemon, and then some. Or a Fire-type Banner, which would only have Fire types in it. But again, this is all for version 2, which I am not currently working on at the moment.

JtheDuelist

Novice
Ah, I see... I guess I should just work on the rest of my game while I wait for version 2 then. Thank you.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Yeah, don't hold yourself up waiting for this; especially as I'm going on vacation soon and work will be at a standstill until I get back at a minimum.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Been getting this error since v21.1 not sure what is causing it.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Script error in event 35 (coords 9,1), map 22 (QATestCell)
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `compile_gacha_flags' for #<Interpreter @event_id: 35>

***Full script:
compile_gacha_flags

Backtrace:
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:138:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:86:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:86:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:268:in `update'