• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Mass Flag/TutorMove adder

Resource Mass Flag/TutorMove adder 2023-06-30

TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

Mass Flag/TutorMove adder - Add flags to different PBS entries or tutor/TM moves to Pokémon all in one go!

View attachment 18633
Quick little script to let you add a flag to several PBS entries at once, rather than needing to scroll through for each one.
Useful for when you're creating a new category for a mechanic, especially if you plan on sharing this with others.

(I'll be using this with some public concepts in the future!)

Code​

Can be downloaded as a plugin for v20 here, or paste in a new script section above Main.
Ruby:
def...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Such a great QoL for developing! Keep up the great work!

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Can confirm that ":Species_Form" didn't do anything of note! That aside, this is such a phenomenally good resource.

Jangajinx

Not sure what I am doing incorrectly, but I keep getting an error when enter this into a event script pbMassTutor(:ACIDRAIN,[:SHUCKLE])

[2023-07-08 21:28:26 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 15 (coords 22,22), map 7 (Cedolan City)
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbMassTutor(:ACIDRAIN,[:SHUCKLE])

Backtrace:
Mass Flag/TutorMove adder:137:in `block in pbMassTutor'
GameData:117:in `block in each'
GameData:117:in `each_value'
GameData:117:in `each'
Mass Flag/TutorMove adder:107:in `pbMassTutor'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:143:in `eval'
Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'

Jangajinx

Hm.... Is it possible that Shuckle doesn't have an existing TutorMoves property to add to? (I'm realizing that's definitely a situation I didn't consider that I'll need to work out, but I'm not sure it's what's causing your issue...)
This happens with every Pokémon, Mostly adding new moves with this, have not tried normal moves yet. As I am currently working with the PhoenixDex.

[SHUCKLE]
Name = Shuckle
Types = BUG,ROCK
BaseStats = 20,10,230,5,10,230
GenderRatio = Female50Percent
GrowthRate = Parabolic
BaseExp = 177
EVs = DEFENSE,1,SPECIAL_DEFENSE,1
CatchRate = 190
Happiness = 50
Abilities = STURDY,GLUTTONY
HiddenAbilities = CONTRARY
Moves = 1,WITHDRAW,1,WRAP,5,ROLLOUT,10,STRUGGLEBUG,15,ROCKTHROW,20,SAFEGUARD,25,REST,30,BUGBITE,35,POWERSPLIT,35,GUARDSPLIT,40,ROCKSLIDE,45,GASTROACID,50,STICKYWEB,55,POWERTRICK,60,STONEEDGE,65,SHELLSMASH
TutorMoves = ATTRACT,BULLDOZE,DIG,DOUBLETEAM,EARTHQUAKE,ENDURE,FACADE,FLASH,GYROBALL,PROTECT,REST,ROCKPOLISH,ROCKSLIDE,ROCKSMASH,ROCKTOMB,SAFEGUARD,SANDSTORM,SLEEPTALK,SLUDGEBOMB,STEALTHROCK,STONEEDGE,STRENGTH,SUBSTITUTE,SUNNYDAY,SWAGGER,TOXIC,METEORBEAM,SKITTERSMACK,STEELROLLER
EggMoves = ACID,ACUPRESSURE,COVET,DEFENSECURL,FINALGAMBIT,HELPINGHAND,INFESTATION,KNOCKOFF,MUDSLAP,ROCKBLAST,SANDTOMB,SWEETSCENT
EggGroups = Bug
HatchSteps = 5120
Height = 0.6
Weight = 20.5
Color = Yellow
Shape = Insectoid
Habitat = Mountain
Category = Mold
Pokedex = A Shuckle hides under rocks, keeping its body concealed inside its shell while eating stored berries. The berries mix with its body fluids to become a juice.
Generation = 2
WildItemCommon = BERRYJUICE
WildItemUncommon = BERRYJUICE
WildItemRare = BERRYJUICE

LinKazamine

Champion
1690305833308.png

Respect this... could this work?
1690305892158.png

The parts with the red lines is what I added to the code. It should keep the game from crashing if an id in an array isn't in the PBS but it should also notify the one runing the code of it. Maybe the part with the message can be shortened to this:
1690306141656.png

DayBreak

Rookie
I found an issue with using this script in v21.1. I managed to narrow it down to the script having an issue with running into empty fields of a Pokémon, in my case, the wild item group of fields (made it real easy to pin down what was happening since it was happening to Bulbasaur). It basically just throws back this error:
Exception: TypeError Message: 0 is not a symbol nor a string
I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work without just cutting those parts out (because I'm assuming that'd prevent them from being written to pokemon.txt in the first place).
Figuring out code clearly isn't my strongest suit.

EDIT: Okay, scratch that, I'm just an idiot and it's an incompatibility with Gen 9 pack scripts.
It's apparently incompatible with the bit of the Gen 9 pack scripts that lets moves be set to be learnable at Lv.-1.

In my testing, it also slightly broke the Repel item (was testing by adding the Flute flag to it). Specifically Name, NamePlural, and Description, setting the names to 'Unnamed' and the description to '???'.

If you ever decide to update this to v21, maybe you could take advantage of the pbs file changes that lets you have multiple files of each data type?

EDIT: Okay, just used it on my Pokémon. Any Pokémon it hit were renamed to Unnamed, and had their Category and Pokedex both become ???.

EDIT: Changed the hashes so that anything with "real" in the name matched, and that seemed to do the trick. Now my Pokémon aren't having their name, category, and entries deleted.

Last edited:

Orange Boi

The Orangest of all Bois!
Hello! Is this plugin compatible with the latest Essentials version? Here is all of the plugins I am using.
Screenshot 2024-02-08 150927.png

Back