• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Digimon Olympic Strikers

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Digimon Olympic Strikers (V 1.0)

Untitled-4.png

The protagonist has only one goal: to become a Pokémon Master. But then... he dies in a truck accident. And is reborn in another world. To his surprise, there are no Pokémon there, but instead digital creatures called "Digimon". He begins to explore this new Digital World and meets a Digimon named Flashmon. This Digimon tells him about the Olympian 12 and how they need help. Together with your new partner, it's time to become the Digimon King!

Engine: Pokémon Essentials v20.1
Gen: 4
Digi-Dex: 1003
8 Crests available
I am pretty sure, I didn't find all of the bugs yet, so please save your game at regular intervals.

No HMs (Credit to Moyo, Marin, Advance HM Items)
No Shinys, but replaced by X-Antibody Digimon)
Sidequests
Guest Characters from Anime and Games
Mode Changes of some Digimon
5 addional Fakemon
Untitled-1.png

Digimon Olympic Strikers

Produced by
Amalgam

Digimon © by
Akiyoshi Hongo
Bandai Namco

Digimon Design © by
WiZ Co Ltd
Watanabe Kenji
Kitagawara Makoto

Story
Kenta Saiba

OST Artists
Satoshi Ishikawa
Koji Yamada
Yasushi Umura
Naoto Oba
Takada Masafumi

Sprites
Kenta Saiba
DiegoWT
ExTyrannomon
Zebub
Fenrimon
SergioGranSol
Sharkmon
DragonRod
Hekito
dydd90
skatefilter5
Bandai Namco

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

Tilesets:
Akizakura16!
princess-phoenix
Morlock Liam
Gallanty
Kaliser
Thundaga
PkmnAlexandrite

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Plugins:
Advance HM Items (Moyo, Marin)
Encounter List UI (ThatWelshOne_,raZ,Marin,Maruno,Nuri Yuri,PurpleZaffre,Savordez,Vendily)
Overworld Shadows EX (Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin)
Type Matchup UI (ThatWelshOne_)
Voltseon's Pause MenuVoltseon's Pause Menu (Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS)

Should I have forgotten the owner of a Sprite or part of a tileset, I am sorry. That person can get in contact, I change that.

TBA

Last edited:

usagi-the-nakama

Rookie
About to try this out. but just wanted to confirm if it's in English since the "trailer" doesn't seem to have any English dialogue. LOL

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
This is pretty cool so far. List of recommended suggestions / bugs.
Check the door events in magma city. So far, I've found:
When you exit the Amulet Coin house, it's as if you're leaving the house below, with the police officer looking guy.
Leaving the house to the left of the "Poke Center" takes you to the door to the left of the "Mart".
House on the right of the "Mart" takes you to the door to the left of the "Mart"

When you try to exit the zone while you're with Erika, trying to battle for the girl, the text is in German, it looks like?

The transverse between Machine City and Route 4, you can see the computer stuff from the sewer area, i believe?

Route 1 has several cells that switch between night and day.
The area next to the stairs in Route 1 allow you to climb up the wall.

On the second semi-final match, I got stuck between the "Prepare yourself" and "Nice to see you" people, after talking to the Prepare yourself person.

With the DAE items, some of them say "a" item, some say "an" item.

safr

Elite Trainer
So far pretty fun, what i need from boredom playing Pokémon is this

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Also, would you happen to have a slight walkthrough? Some parts are hard to follow, as to what is suppose to be done. I entered the cave from Magma City, saw the cutscene, and now I can't go back into Magma City? Is this a bug or by design?

Agentaurum

Rookie
Also, would you happen to have a slight walkthrough? Some parts are hard to follow, as to what is suppose to be done. I entered the cave from Magma City, saw the cutscene, and now I can't go back into Magma City? Is this a bug or by design?
Since the immediate next scene is back in magma city this is likely a bug. going down the ladder into the cave fixes the door in so you can go back. Sadly there appears to be no guide and no discord to go to for advice. I'll leave some general tips for anyone searching later.
1. all encounters and evolutions can be found in encounters.txt and pokemon.txt (however many Digimon are literal impossible to obtain due to bugs mostly either there being no evolution method to get there or impossible methods such as having atk=def on Digimon with over double one score)
2. shortly after the above event a character goes missing and you are told his location is sent to your digivice. It is not. it is past some breakable rocks in mountain path.
3.fly and waterfall are both 1 time use. while looking through the item file there is supposedly an item replacement i have not found yet but be real careful how you use them.
4.the Digimon box link (i can't remember if it was from a quest or story related) allows you to access your box at any time. putting Digimon back in box instantly full heals them making it useful for long dungeons.
5. both left and right halves of the quest boards have different quests on them this may have been obvious but i did not discover this till late game.
6. you are at some point asked to go around the entire world finding shrines they are at Flora City, Route 04, Route 03, Route 10, Machine City, Ogre Forest.
7. some Digimon actually drastically lower stats upon evolving this is likely a bug or an oversight but can really screw over a decent mon so save often and if something evolves check stats and abilities before overwriting

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Since the immediate next scene is back in magma city this is likely a bug. going down the ladder into the cave fixes the door in so you can go back. Sadly there appears to be no guide and no discord to go to for advice. I'll leave some general tips for anyone searching later.
1. all encounters and evolutions can be found in encounters.txt and pokemon.txt (however many Digimon are literal impossible to obtain due to bugs mostly either there being no evolution method to get there or impossible methods such as having atk=def on Digimon with over double one score)
2. shortly after the above event a character goes missing and you are told his location is sent to your digivice. It is not. it is past some breakable rocks in mountain path.
3.fly and waterfall are both 1 time use. while looking through the item file there is supposedly an item replacement i have not found yet but be real careful how you use them.
4.the Digimon box link (i can't remember if it was from a quest or story related) allows you to access your box at any time. putting Digimon back in box instantly full heals them making it useful for long dungeons.
5. both left and right halves of the quest boards have different quests on them this may have been obvious but i did not discover this till late game.
6. you are at some point asked to go around the entire world finding shrines they are at Flora City, Route 04, Route 03, Route 10, Machine City, Ogre Forest.
7. some Digimon actually drastically lower stats upon evolving this is likely a bug or an oversight but can really screw over a decent mon so save often and if something evolves check stats and abilities before overwriting
Thanks.. I did manage to get through it. It seems like there might be something weird with the cave exits, as it happened with the frost cave, as well.
The 1 time use Fly thing is a little annoying, as it seems you have to walk back and forth quite a bit.
Adding a couple more.
1. Route 01 - Moving further East from about halfway through heavily lags and looks like an attack animation appears in several places?
2. The Sitrus berry plants in the Gym in Flora town are set pbReceiveItem, not pbPickBerry, so it's an unlimited supply.
3. Might want to double check some of the Encounters, as there's quite a few areas that has a random Digimon that would appear at a far lower level than the rest. / Some of them have huuuuge level swings.
EX:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[033] # Route 9
Land,21
    20,UNIMON,15,31
    20,RYUDAMON,15,31
    20,WOODMON,15,31
    15,KUDAMON,15,31
    15,RYUDAMON,15,31
    5,KIWIMON,15,31
    5,KIWIMON,15,31
4. Not sure if you had planned on adding more in the future, but there's a few places that lead to maps that don't exist. Not a huge issue, as I don't believe you can access these areas normally. *Debug mode was enabled.
5. All the Armor stone are an awesome addition, but it would be nice if there was a list of who/what/when/how evolved with them.
6. The color differences in the forest maps bug me. Not a huge deal, just a little weird having darker patches of grass under flowers.
7. Some of the forest maps have black lines between the "cells" as if the tileset isn't aligned properly.

palkia44

Novice
Replaced some evolutions methods with the atk/def problem with random evolutions.
Made Fly and Waterfall avaible to buy in the last city.
Grass tiles had to be replaced because of a owner isue, maybe I look for better ones.
For things like ArmorEggs there is still the wiki, and you can use this Discord for questions

Back