• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
FRLG Battle UI

Resource FRLG Battle UI v2.2

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
Shashu-Greninja submitted a new resource:

FRLG Battle UI - Mimics the battle UI from Fire Red/ Leaf Green

Introduction
This is just a highly edited of the default Pokemon Essentials battle screen UI to match the style of the FRLG Battle Screen.
Note: This is not exactly the same as the main series one but is highly similar.

Compatibility
This plugin has been tested compatible with Pokemon Essentials v20.1 and the Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1. Any version lower...

Read more about this resource...

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
I'm using the Generation 8 and 9 packs with Essentials Deluxe, i get this error whenever i try to start a battle:

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Databoxes.rb:11:in `initializeDataBoxGraphic'
[FRLG Battle UI] 003_Battle_Scene_Objects.rb:42:in `initialize'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `new'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `block in pbInitSprites'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each_with_index'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `pbInitSprites'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Scene.rb:115:in `pbInitSprites'
188:Scene_Initialize:21:in `pbStartBattle'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:282:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
Shashu-Greninja updated FRLG Battle UI with a new update entry:

v2.0 update!

PS: This is the last update for v20.1. The plugin will be updated to v21 in the next update!

Patch notes:
  • The type icon is shown instead of the type name now.
  • The move category is shown in the battle menu beside the type icon.
  • A more user friendly and graphically appealing mega cursor has been included.
  • Changed the position of the special form icons in databox (The mega icon has been changed too).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
How about implementing the mega trigger used in pokeemerald project?
Usage example

I had thought of that before. But I did not implement it for a couple of reasons.
1. It would be hard create any other triggers like dynamax, z-move or ultra burst (I plan onadding ZUD compatibility for Essentials v21) in that style.
2. It doesn't have any text along with it to assist the player regarding how to trigger.

I'm using the Generation 8 and 9 packs with Essentials Deluxe, i get this error whenever i try to start a battle:

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Databoxes.rb:11:in `initializeDataBoxGraphic'
[FRLG Battle UI] 003_Battle_Scene_Objects.rb:42:in `initialize'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `new'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:71:in `block in pbInitSprites'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `each_with_index'
[FRLG Battle UI] 001_Battle_Scene.rb:69:in `pbInitSprites'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Scene.rb:115:in `pbInitSprites'
188:Scene_Initialize:21:in `pbStartBattle'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:282:in `pbStartBattleCore'
I apologise for such a late reply. The script is not compatible with Essentials Deluxe. Due to the interaction of both the plugins, this error is caused (which will be added for Essentials v21).

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
I had thought of that before. But I did not implement it for a couple of reasons.
1. It would be hard create any other triggers like dynamax, z-move or ultra burst (I plan onadding ZUD compatibility for Essentials v21) in that style.
2. It doesn't have any text along with it to assist the player regarding how to trigger.

I apologise for such a late reply. The script is not compatible with Essentials Deluxe. Due to the interaction of both the plugins, this error is caused (which will be added for Essentials v21).
Understandable, thanks for clarifying

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
Shashu-Greninja updated FRLG Battle UI with a new update entry:

v2.1 update

This version of the plugin is made compatible to Pokemon Essentials v21.

New additions:
  • Included the pause arrow graphic from FRLG. Also, it appears at the end of the text as in FRLG (can be changed).
  • Long move names will now be shortened with ellipses.

Changes from previous version:
  • Added a settings file to toggle some settings related to the plugin, i.e. to toggle move category display, change pause arrow position and to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
PS: If you have downloaded the current version of the plugin before this post, please change a small typing error in the 002_Battle_Scene_Menus.rb file.

Change line number 200,
Ruby:
      moveName = (Settings::SHORTEN_MOVES && moves[i].name.length > 15)? moves[i].name[0..9] + "..." : moves[i].name
to
Ruby:
      moveName = (Settings::SHORTEN_MOVES && moves[i].name.length > 15)? moves[i].name[0..11] + "..." : moves[i].name

The download link has been updated with the changed file.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
PS: If you have downloaded the current version of the plugin before this post, please change a small typing error in the 002_Battle_Scene_Menus.rb file.

Change line number 200,
Ruby:
      moveName = (Settings::SHORTEN_MOVES && moves[i].name.length > 15)? moves[i].name[0..9] + "..." : moves[i].name
to
Ruby:
      moveName = (Settings::SHORTEN_MOVES && moves[i].name.length > 15)? moves[i].name[0..11] + "..." : moves[i].name

The download link has been updated with the changed file
Sorry to ask, but is this (and the summary UI) updated to v21.1?

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
I am pretty sure both the plugins are compatible with essentials v21.1. (Provided the meta.txt file is changed)
Hmmm...ok. I'm asking because I've ran with some problems, like crashes when ditto used imposter (for example). But it was before your fix. I'll try again later. Thanks

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
Hmmm...ok. I'm asking because I've ran with some problems, like crashes when ditto used imposter (for example). But it was before your fix. I'll try again later. Thanks
The fix has nothing to do with ditto's imposter. It will be nice if you send the error message.

Shonga

Novice
Hi, I keep running into this problem. I implemented the fix from the replied to post, but this problem continues to persist, I'm not sure what the issue is.
image_2023-08-12_144506385.png

Change line number 200,
Ruby:
to
Ruby:

The download link has been updated with the changed file.

Shonga

Novice
Can you please tell when are you getting this error? I can't seem to replicate this error.
It happens when I try to select a move in a base trainer battle. I’m not sure what I’ve done differently to cause this issue. I’m using v21 with the hot fixes and the frlg summary screen, however this issue was appearing even before I had the summary screen plugin.

LinKazamine

Champion
It happens when I try to select a move in a base trainer battle. I’m not sure what I’ve done differently to cause this issue. I’m using v21 with the hot fixes and the frlg summary screen, however this issue was appearing even before I had the summary screen plugin.
If the error happened before you had the plugin, it's obvious that the error isn't caused by it, and no fixes and edits will fix it. If you have other plugins installed (aside from the hotfixes) take them away and add them back in small groups or 1 by 1 to see if any of them is causing the error.

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
This plugin works just fine with both v21 hot fixes and FRLG Summary Screen plugins. I would suggest you re-downloading this plugin and check if the issue persists.

Shonga

Novice
This plugin works just fine with both v21 hot fixes and FRLG Summary Screen plugins. I would suggest you re-downloading this plugin and check if the issue persists.
Okay thank you, will update if the issue persists, thank you for the help!

Shonga

Novice
If the error happened before you had the plugin, it's obvious that the error isn't caused by it, and no fixes and edits will fix it. If you have other plugins installed (aside from the hotfixes) take them away and add them back in small groups or 1 by 1 to see if any of them is causing the error.
sadly this issue did not occur prior to having the plugin installed.

Back