• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Pokémon Ice and Fire looking for a team

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePete

Rookie
Welcome to Froni, a Pokémon region based on Iceland and home to my fangame Pokémon Fire and Ice.

I have developed the game almost up to the point of the first gym and to take it further I would like to make a small team.
If you are a fan of the Gen 4 games, want to practice your game development skills, or are new to Pokémon essentials and want a proving ground before going to work on more exciting projects. Then my project is the one for you, I can offer a supportive constructive environment to work in where you will be lead by an experienced project manager and novice game designer.

Features:
A game very set in the gen 4 style however there are some new surprises.
  • a whole new storyline, featuring brand new and old characters. The game will very much be storyline driven.
  • a new HM for traversing the regions Glaciers
  • a whole new region, Froni, based on Iceland - a cold and harsh place where people and Pokémon struggle to survive. A place perpetually frozen, but home to one of the Pokémon worlds most active volcanoes. Players will discover this region and it's secrets.
  • new fakemon and regional forms.
  • Only one Gym, instead the other 7 are replaced with real characters that make up the world they inhabit, artists, doctors, chefs, no longer limited to type but Pokémon that match their roles.

Looking for:
I am learning fast however there is only so far I can go on my own, especially as I cannot draw stickmen....so I am looking for:
  • Artist - to sprite Fakemon and new Characters in the Gen 4 style
  • Writers - I will mainly be doing this, and the main story is already mapped out but I would like some people to bounce ideas of off.
  • Tile setters and map creators - One challenge of setting a game in a very cold snowy region is keeping things interesting and fresh.
  • Eventers - I'm fast learning but it would be good to have someone more experienced on board who just wants to hone their skills - and anyone who is learning!
  • Composers.
-Any one else that feels they might have something to offer, wants experience working on a project and is willing to learn as a group.

Kit being used:
Pokémon essentials v20

Additional info:
My motivation for creating Pokemon games is simple, I love the Pokemon games and I want to pass that on to my son. Gen 4 for me is the best of the top down RPG games and I would like to make a world of Pokemon games in that style for him to explore as he gets older. So no personal glory or credit is being sought - full credit to any resource used from RC/ anywhere else and input from you will be given and you are free to take your creations elsewhere.

If you are at all interested in joining then please drop me a DM on Discord.

Attachments

• Splash.png
    Splash.png
    203 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2023-05-19 224555.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-19 224555.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2023-05-19 224459.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-19 224459.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Cabin.png
    Cabin.png