• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Valence

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Pokemon Valence (Formerly known as Pokemon Golden Sun/Silver Moon) is a sequel to HGSS that takes place in the Johto (and eventually Kanto) regions. It aims to provide a more interesting story than the original HGSS games while keeping that Johto charm! It's made using Pokemon Essentials V20.1.

The original GSSM was fun and all, but it was a glitchy mess made when I had very little experience with Essentials, so I've gone back to the drawing board with this one.

placeholder logo.png

(placeholder logo. graphic design is not my passion.)​

Plot

As previously stated, the game takes place in Johto and Kanto. Return to Johto 7 years after the events of HGSS, which is, coincidentally, right after the events of USUM! Play as the protagonist who lives in a sleepy little town on Mount Silver. After receiving their first Pokemon, they find themselves in a journey of legendary proportions. (Literally.)

carmen.png

Team Rocket is back (again.) This time, they've had enough of stealing level 15 Rattata and they mean business. Archer is after Celebi in order to bring back Giovanni. If they can get their hands on any of the other legendary Pokemon in Johto and Kanto while they're at it, well, that's a plus. It's up to you and your newfound allies to stop them!

Meet some new faces (some not even from Kanjohto!) as well as reunite with lots of familiar ones. See what everyone's been up to in the 7 years you've been gone!

Screenshots​

3.png
12.png
6.png
1.png
8.png
14.png
11.png
5.png
4.png
13.png

Credits​

Tilesets:
Magiscarf
Evolina
Phyromatical
ChaoticCherryCake
Kyledove
Gigatom
NikNak93
Sylver1984
Hek-el-grande
Steinnaples
Xxdevil
Asdismone
Shutwig
Thedeadheroalistair
Posion-Master
Hydrargirium
Erma96
Alucus
XDinky
Zetavares852
Dewitty
WesleyFG
AnonAlpaca
ThunderDove
DescendedFromUllr
PeekyChew
KingTapir
Pablus94
Scarloxy
Aveontrainer
Sharm
PureAzure
Shen
SDV
Mi
Spriter’s Resource
Rayquaza-dot
Zeo254
Slaqueen
Minor edits by deoxysacid

Plugins, UI, etc:
DiegoWT
Lucidious89, Poq, BlueEye007
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
KRLW890
Marin
No pro bro,BiggusWeeabus,Taiga
Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin
Phantombass, Marin
Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS

Overworlds:
HollowGap
Deoxysacid
PurpleZaffre, VanillaSunshine, Maicerochico, Neo-Spriteman, AtomicReactor

Music:
ENLS for looping and converting to ogg

Dialogue portraits, VS sprites:
Deoxysacid

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Maruno
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy
MiDas Mike, Brother1440, FL.
PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14
Rataime, IceGod64, Savordez, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta
Wachunga, Lisa Anthony, Venom12, Near Fantastica, Luka S.J.

"MKXP-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

And big thanks to my friend who helps me with basically everything! They don't have any socials so I can't credit them but uh,,, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutcase71733

Cooltrainer
cant wait to see this come to completion. Hoping that we'll get to aquire the kanto starters in certain areas in Johto as gifts or trades.

Back