• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Functional Legend Plate 1.0

Eskiss

Novice
Eskiss submitted a new resource:

Functional Legend Plate - The long-awaited functional Legend Plate seen in Pokemon Legend of Arceus !

You waited for it for more than a year and there it is : a functional Legend Plate !

It's my first scripting project, and one I have for a long time, from the first time seeing the Arceus movie and how cool this Pokemon God is.

But enough backstory, here's a rapide summary of what the following code provides :
  • the PBS for the Legend Plate item
  • a script for Judgment to change type based on the weakness of the target, favoring X4 weakness and the less weaknesses against...

Read more about this resource...

Rhatios16

Novice
just out of curiosity but would a legend memory be possible to make for silvally and multi-attack?

Eskiss

Novice
It's the same code but for multi-attack basically, because judgment and multi attack are coded the same way.

MaouAlter

Novice
I'm getting an error when selecting the Fight button only when it's an Arceus that knows Judgement and it's holding a Legend Plate:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError
Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Type, String], but got NilClass.

Backtrace:
015:Validation:29:in `validate'
103:GameData:92:in `get'
191:Battle_Scene_Menus:381:in `block in refreshSelection'
191:Battle_Scene_Menus:374:in `each'
191:Battle_Scene_Menus:374:in `each_with_index'
191:Battle_Scene_Menus:374:in `refreshSelection'
[Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:210:in `refresh'
191:Battle_Scene_Menus:328:in `battler='
[Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:343:in `pbFightMenu'
[Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:243:in `pbFightMenu'

As a disclaimer I have plenty of other scripts in this 20.1 build loaded.
I'm pretty sure I followed each step without making a mistake, but I could be wrong.

Eskiss

Novice
Looks like it's messing with essentials deluxe, sorry about that.
To be honest you should use Gen9 pack, it includes a better version of my script reworked by Caruban and with compatibility with essentials deluxe

MaouAlter

Novice
Oh right, I forgot the last update on the Gen 9 pack included the functionality of the Legend Plate.
I'm actually using the most recent version of the Gen 9 pack, so... the problem was the two scripts clashing, thanks for pointing it out ^_^

Deivos

Rookie
Hey! Not really about the topic but do you think you would be able to make a mod for SV with a functionnal Legend plate?
Cheers :-)

Eskiss

Novice
Hey! Not really about the topic but do you think you would be able to make a mod for SV with a functionnal Legend plate?
Cheers :-)
As Techskylander said, coding in POkemon Essentials and romhacking are a really different thing, maybe search more in a forum dedicated to SV on real hardware

Back